Page 592 of 744 FirstFirst ... 92492542582588589590591592593594595596602642692 ... LastLast
Results 8,866 to 8,880 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's hard to NOT keep him on despite things. His activities keep the book on folks minds.

I mean who are you going to get to replace him? Unless you rotate writers for arcs.
    There's plenty of good writers out there. It's not like the BP title will end when Coates leaves. And as for his activities keeping the book on people's minds, if that's true the sales aren't reflecting it. As a monthly book, BP is dead in the water. It's time for him to wrap things up and let someone else have their turn.

I will say that I'm loving Coates' Cap run at the moment. But BP is exhausting at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So how much more story does Coates feasibly even have in him. He’s been on the book since what, 2012? That’s a pretty long run. Surprised he didn’t move on to the X-books, he’s always said those were his preferred franchise as a kid.
    He's been on since 2016. He claimed he had 5 year's Worth of story. In reality like 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    He's been on since 2016. He claimed he had 5 year's Worth of story. In reality like 2
    Feels like it’s been longer. He had interesting ideas: Wakanda reeling from going from the country that was never conquered to the country that got wrecked in the span of a few years is ripe for tons of storytelling where T’Challa can take a serious look at both his actions and his country. But it never really came together and stuff like the rape camps just felt stupid and didn’t really feel true to how Wakanda has traditionally been portrayed. This current art is beautifully illustrated but just drags on and on until it becomes mindnumbing. Kind of hoping 2020 will be the last year.

If I had to choose a successor, Bryan Edward Hill wrote a fantastic Killmonger miniseries and he’s someone who has the gift of merging “big concept ideas” with emotional storytelling that lets the characters feel like characters. Eve Ewing has done a great job on Ironheart, she could do a good job on Panther. Evan Narcisse did a good job with the BP mini, maybe let him try the ongoing. David Walker did a great job on the Nighthawk mini and on Naomi over at DC. If we’re doing non-black creators (although I perfectly understand the desire to keep Panther “in-house” so to speak), Al Ewing or Jason Aaron would be my choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Feels like it’s been longer. He had interesting ideas: Wakanda reeling from going from the country that was never conquered to the country that got wrecked in the span of a few years is ripe for tons of storytelling where T’Challa can take a serious look at both his actions and his country. But it never really came together and stuff like the rape camps just felt stupid and didn’t really feel true to how Wakanda has traditionally been portrayed. This current art is beautifully illustrated but just drags on and on until it becomes mindnumbing. Kind of hoping 2020 will be the last year.

If I had to choose a successor, Bryan Edward Hill wrote a fantastic Killmonger miniseries and he’s someone who has the gift of merging “big concept ideas” with emotional storytelling that lets the characters feel like characters. Eve Ewing has done a great job on Ironheart, she could do a good job on Panther. Evan Narcisse did a good job with the BP mini, maybe let him try the ongoing. David Walker did a great job on the Nighthawk mini and on Naomi over at DC. If we’re doing non-black creators (although I perfectly understand the desire to keep Panther “in-house” so to speak), Al Ewing or Jason Aaron would be my choices.
    Hill did good on killmonger from a emotional standpoint. The dialogue and such was good, however, he suffered the one of the many issues I have with Coates. He doesn't tell good BP stories. Hill punked Erik, and his Supporting cast to bullseye, Natasha and kingpin. He could of told a story completely separated from NYC and established why Erik was so dangerous, instead he had he act like an angry black man who was really all bark with little to no bite. I fear he could do the same thing to T'Challa.

I would like to see Geoffrey Thornes version (aka redjack) as he did an excellent job on avengers Black Panthers quest and Dude captures T'Challas voice well. I would also like to see Hudlin again and get to tell his big event with T'Challa and Wakanda at the forefront.

Narcisse I would give him another shot because he had some good ideas and I feel that if he had more issues rather then the 6, he could of gotten us some cool stuff but he did good with what he had. Non black writer's JA and Al would be good. I think Zub Will do a good job on BP AoW, and I would say Hickman if he wasn't on X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates will be appreciated in time.

Hudlin's run is an example of people's appreciation growing over time.
    I agree...Coates run aint perfect...but this stuff takes so long we forget coates was basically a rookie writing comic books the majority of his BP run...Cap being good is just proof that he has gotten better after experience...starting over would be the worst when it's finally got real good momentum.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    They used to say the same about black superhero films…
    well blade and black panther, maybe spawn, (3 films) in comparison to the innumerable amount of white films I dont think counters that narrative within that genre either.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    My friend, I totally agree with you.

You're right, re-launch and new writer!
    lololol uhm no thsts not what I was saying but with numbers like this he most certainly will not be writing the title for too much longer.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates will be appreciated in time.

Hudlin's run is an example of people's appreciation growing over time.
    agreed!!! coated has done so much for the wakandan mythos. I'm hoping he gets a chance to continue his vision for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I will say that I'm loving Coates' Cap run at the moment. But BP is exhausting at this point.
    Agreed. It’s way past time to let someone else take over as the main writer.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member

Agents of Wakanda will hit 12 issues so I'm not worried about that. It's time to accept just like Namor BP simply doesn't sell well

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Sadly, I doubt the X-office would ever allow a Storm book that wasn't under their control. And I'd think it's even less likely now, given that they've decided to put all of their eggs in one Hickman-shaped basket.
    And thank the Goddess! for that.
    Going by all the revisionist bull-crap he did to Wakanda's mythos and how poorly he wrote the lead character...I would never trust him to write on Storm's history and her character. Sure, he made her a Goddess but...(yay?) Because how she actually became a Goddess was sketchy-AF.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-22-2019 at 04:38 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Agents of Wakanda will hit 12 issues so I'm not worried about that. It's time to accept just like Namor BP simply doesn't sell well
    Not all the time

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-se...nts-announced/

"Black Panther," "Secret Warriros" sell out of their second issues, reprints announced

Marvel is pleased to announce that Black Panther #2 has sold out at Diamond (though copies may be available at the retail level) and will return with Black Panther #2 Second Printing Variant! Fan favorite scribe Reginald Hudlin and acclaimed artist Ken Lashley weave an intricate tale of pride and honor featuring the mighty warriors of Wakanda!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well if you look at trade sales and the fact Coates just put out his first book of fiction. A book that is a OPRAH Club favorite and a top 30 seller on Amazon.
    Unless Oprah is reading Black Panther, I don't care.

I mean who are you going to get to replace him? Unless you rotate writers for arcs.
    Maybe a good comicbook writer? Preferably someone who won't trash the character.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    I agree...Coates run aint perfect...but this stuff takes so long we forget coates was basically a rookie writing comic books the majority of his BP run...Cap being good is just proof that he has gotten better after experience...starting over would be the worst when it's finally got real good momentum.
    Funny that he's been writing CA (which also isn't selling THAT well( for almost as long at this space arc... but the space arc STILL sucks.

Let's be blunt here. Putting a complete novice on BP has turned it from a possible A-list book into an afterthought. And IF Coates has learned how to write better, he hasn't bothered to put any of that education into his Panther run.

You guys know: "Wait! It'll get better!" doesn't sell with me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well blade and black panther, maybe spawn, (3 films) in comparison to the innumerable amount of white films I dont think counters that narrative within that genre either.
    No, what counters the narrative is this:

Domestic Total: $700,059,566

And this:

Worldwide Total: $1,346,913,161

And all of these:

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...accolades.html

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Not all the time

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-se...nts-announced/

"Black Panther," "Secret Warriros" sell out of their second issues, reprints announced

Marvel is pleased to announce that Black Panther #2 has sold out at Diamond (though copies may be available at the retail level) and will return with Black Panther #2 Second Printing Variant! Fan favorite scribe Reginald Hudlin and acclaimed artist Ken Lashley weave an intricate tale of pride and honor featuring the mighty warriors of Wakanda!
    "Selling out" is more or less meaningless, anyway. That just means they sold out their estimated print run. If Marvel prints only 1000 copies of an issue then it's officially "sold out".