Page 368 of 744 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418468 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I really hope it's Zanda and not Namor. I do not care for seeing him as a BP villain (I'd rather him be his own character). While Zanda isn't exactly who I want she could be an interesting choice, and she's the better alternative. I said it once here, she can be like a female version of T'Challa if done right.

I just want this sequel to really focus and narrow in on how T'Challa wants to help the rest of the world. It's such a compelling direction to go and I hope (and I think) that is what is on Coogler's mind.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm hearing whispers namor is going to be the next villain in BP 2. would you guys like that?
    Hahaha, no. As I said before, give fish boy his own movie. Black Panther already has several villains that aren’t tied to other franchises that can be used such as Achebe. And Wakanda is landlocked in the MCU so it would make zero sense for them to have beef with Atlantis.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    MOre than anything I think they're just shopping for a place to debut Namor. Similar to how Spider-Man and Black Panther debuted in Captain America. The BP movies obviously don't need him... but there's some history there. To bad there are no more Captain America movies, as that would be another very logical place to debut him. Probably THE most logical.

It'll be interesting to see if Zanda's country is technologically advanced too.
    I understand the desire to just dump him somewhere and see the matchup but I personally feel there are characters who bring the same elements and do so in a better way than Namor. I feel he's best served appearing in a FF film or maybe even in the Eternals franchise, as I know that they got some relation to the Deviants.

Zanda would be a bit more interesting to see, especially if they can pair her with the right muscle and give audiences a cerebral story. Narobia was depicted as lower income going off the comics and that seems to fit her character better, being a ruler who shirked her responsibilities to lead a criminal association. But since she has a penchant for magical items maybe the country is behind in tech but has more arcane power? That still works in a magical plot for T'Challa without using Achebe

Didn't Feige just say Coogler is just beginning the outline ofthe sequel and hasn't shared it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I really hope it's Zanda and not Namor. I do not care for seeing him as a BP villain (I'd rather him be his own character). While Zanda isn't exactly who I want she could be an interesting choice, and she's the better alternative. I said it once here, she can be like a female version of T'Challa if done right.

I just want this sequel to really focus and narrow in on how T'Challa wants to help the rest of the world. It's such a compelling direction to go and I hope (and I think) that is what is on Coogler's mind.
    And they can give Zanda her shapeshifting powers from the cartoon. But I really want Achebe to be the villain, because if done correctly he could be highly threatening in terms of intelligence. That and he’d be a nice way to introduce Mephisto, who honestly is the only non BP villain I’d accept in the BP movies.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Yeah, they would definately need to pretty much ignore the comic book version and make her more a female version of Black Panther. Comic Zanda is at this point somewhat of a joke. And I don't think they can really sell her nation as any sort of credible threat to Wakanda, since the MCU is going out of it's way to sell it as the most advanced nation in the world. So Zanda and her nation are definately going to need an upgrade... but it's workable.

you're welcome. what's wrong simply put is that the two of them should have tried to talk through their differences. also let's not forget the real reason the marriage was annulled. it was because fox owned the xmen. hudlin already revealed this.

lolol. yes I'm glad we are on the same page but I think your point about helping other Africans is a fair one. they may have just had the mentality of protecting their own at all costs regardless of what is happening to other people but I agree with your point.
    Difference between MCU version and comics is that other African nation's and tribes tried to invade them. And Tchalla provided aid. Actually, given Hudlin's retcon Wakanda was providing aid in the shadows. So it's not like they never helped. Thy just didn't want to start a world war or take over the world

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This is agenda driven by trolls to get X-Men & FF into Marvel films as fast as possible.

Sorry it's not Panther's job to do that.

Panther in Cap's movie is due to those who did NOT want a Black Panther movie in the FIRST place. Same with Wonder Woman & Aquaman.

Doom has no business showing up in a Panther movie before a FF movie.

You want FF in the movies-have it be MENTIONED Wakanda is funding the space trip of REED RICHARDS & his crew. There is you HINT at FF.
    However, the Fantastic four comic had BP make its first appearance in comics. it would be good to return that favour by introducing maybe one of the characters in the MCU. At least I would take that before Storm imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I’m just getting sick of everyone wanting Namor and Doom to be villains in BP sequels. There are plenty of villains in BP’s rogues gallery that can be used on the big screen like Achebe, Zanda, or Madam Slay. Hell I’d even settle for Zenzi and Tetu. If Namor and Doom fans want them to be done justice on the big screen then it can happen in films of their own (Fantastic Four or Avengers films in Dooms case). And I feel the same way about Storm, give the girl her own movie and call it a day.

If Marvel Studios can turn Rocket Raccoon and Groot into household names, then they can do the same for Storm, Doom, and Namor without them getting into T’Challas bubble. End of story.
    Yea, and wasn't production on BP and Captain Marvel pushed back the second they got access to Spider-Man or something? I wouldn't put it past Marvel to make a mad dash to set the stage for X-Men and FF films ASAP. Not saying that means they'll mess up existing properties in the process, as I'm sure Coogler will have Namor be a great villain, but I don't want there to be this pressure for the new heroes to incorporate mutants and the like as though they don't have great solo stories of their own.

Looking at the X-Men forums you legit have people saying Rogue should pop in at the end of CM2 and sap her powers and crazy isht like that lol. I definitely think Coogler is the one pushing for Zanda and I hope Disney respects his vision and lets him weave into the broader MU in his own way. If there's any character in the MU that deserves a bit of insulation from the broader superhero community it's the king of the most secretive nation on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And they can give Zanda her shapeshifting powers from the cartoon. But I really want Achebe to be the villain, because if done correctly he could be highly threatening in terms of intelligence. That and he’d be a nice way to introduce Mephisto, who honestly is the only non BP villain I’d accept in the BP movies.
    Honestly I'm not too keen on those shapeshifting powers yet. I'd rather they stay and get used in the comics for now until I'm used to that idea.

Really I just won't mind if Zanda or Achebe are just regular people who are just damn smart, shady and can't just be killed or arrested because that makes things worse. I want a villain that challenges T'Challa's mission of making the world a better place with Wakanda. I want T'Challa to be challenged intellectual and morally, and not so much physically. Both Zanda and Achebe could do that really well.

Big spectacle superhero fights are starting to bore me personally. I'd rather have something more intimate.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    However, the Fantastic four comic had BP make its first appearance in comics. it would be good to return that favour by introducing maybe one of the characters in the MCU. At least I would take that before Storm imo.
    I don't think a fictional character owes another fictional character/group anything just because they were introduced in a comic a few decades ago. I'd rather take a Storm cameo that jokes about them dating in the past than them introducing the FF tbh.

Extraordinary Member

I'm hearing whispers namor is going to be the next villain in BP 2. would you guys like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Considering this is WGTC, this is false. Ryan only recently started writing and Feige and Nate Moore haven't seen it yet.

If anybody has to be the villain it should either be Achebe or Solomon Prey.

Extraordinary Member

Honestly I'm not too keen on those shapeshifting powers yet. I'd rather they stay and get used in the comics for now until I'm used to that idea.

Really I just won't mind if Zanda or Achebe are just regular people who are just damn smart, shady and can't just be killed or arrested because that makes things worse. I want a villain that challenges T'Challa's mission of making the world a better place with Wakanda. I want T'Challa to be challenged intellectual and morally, and not so much physically. Both Zanda and Achebe could do that really well.

Big spectacle superhero fights are starting to bore me personally. I'd rather have something more intimate.
    I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    This is agenda driven by trolls to get X-Men & FF into Marvel films as fast as possible.

Sorry it's not Panther's job to do that.

Panther in Cap's movie is due to those who did NOT want a Black Panther movie in the FIRST place. Same with Wonder Woman & Aquaman.

Doom has no business showing up in a Panther movie before a FF movie.

You want FF in the movies-have it be MENTIONED Wakanda is funding the space trip of REED RICHARDS & his crew. There is you HINT at FF.
    So does that mean when Spider-Man debuted in Captain America, no one at marvel wanted to make a Spider-Man movie too? Whether or not that was the case, we ended up getting both a Spider-Man and Black Panther movie and it worked out pretty well for everyone involved.

Like I said, it's a shared universe. Heroes will cross over or debut in each others movies. THat's simply a part of the fun. As long as it's done well and it makes sense, it's fine. I have faith that if the MCU does debut heroes in other films, they will make it work. They already proved they can with Spider-Man and Black Panther.