Page 400 of 744 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410450500 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 11160

Coates writing goes beyond pacing. His ideas to their execution are bad.

BANNED

C’mon, Coates? Female antagonists/ wearing helmets- with tassels (tentacles)? Hmmm?
    WWO-- been there, done that... 2014 (Yep, he does have good ideas)

(in WWO) Empress Zeta opposing the BP ruler-ship. Say, Coates had a similar storyline (Yes or Nah?). That's what I thought!

Zeta standing in front of an anti BP symbol. Coates + Coogler= hocus pocus! Tell those guys I said, "Your Welcome!"

similar storyline in the comic & movie! Worth the mention!

The True King! The BP mentor! The Wakandan Referee (maintaining creative sportsmanship)!

SHOWBIZ

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hopefully not something that ends up with Wakanda getting trashed. I would like to see him stay on this position for awhile and when he steps down as chairman, still have AoW handling things in Shields place
    This is acceptable. It's a shame that Aaron can't connect his writing of T'challa with his own main book unfortunately Coates' Simp'challa acts nothing like the Black Panther in the Avengers books. I really wish Aaron was given the Black Panther book. Maybe we then have a great chance of something that is coherent and builds T'challa up over the long similar to Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Hopefully not something that ends up with Wakanda getting trashed. I would like to see him stay on this position for awhile and when he steps down as chairman, still have AoW handling things in Shields place
    I don't think we'll see Wakanda get trashed, because that potentially effects Coates book. Unless he had Aaron all have it mapped out, he probably won't force Coates to accomodate whatever he's doing.

But I do think they're setting things up to where the Avengers will probably get some sort of PR hit and T'Challa will be forced out of his leadership position. But that would be at the very very end of the arc afther the Avengers under his leadership saves the day.

AoW will likely stick around if it sells, and vanish after Aarons Avengers run if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This is acceptable. It's a shame that Aaron can't connect his writing of T'challa with his own main book unfortunately Coates' Simp'challa acts nothing like the Black Panther in the Avengers books. I really wish Aaron was given the Black Panther book. Maybe we then have a great chance of something that is coherent and builds T'challa up over the long similar to Thor.
    Yeah, Aaron would be great on the BP main book. He wrote my favorite BP story of all time, so he's pretty high on my list.

I think the one downside unfortuantely is that marvel seems to want an african or african american writer on the book. Which is something I SORT OF understand from a PR standpoint, even if I don't think it's something that really should be a main priority.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Coates writing goes beyond pacing. His ideas to their execution are bad.
    Agreed.

Dude isn't a good fiction writer for this character. At all.

Pacing is the least of his issues.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Coates is okay-ish. His main problems are that his pacing is slow and he forgets that Marvel characters should interact more often.

Chip Zdarsky should get T'Challa for a while.
    For Cap yes,for T'Challa? He has proven he doesn't care for the character, his mythos and what Wakanda stands for. Dude can't be bothered to follow his own continuity either

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think Wakanda will be fine.

could see BP being estranged with the Avengers again.

With Mephisto around, who the hell knows lol. Aaron seems to be working with Ghost Rider, Shulk, and BP the most (with a dash of "whoever joins extra aka blade right now) so we will see what he is planning.
    So what o would want:

AoW to stick around

BP vs Mephisto round 2 (with the throw back to Priest BP completely next level out prepping him) with Tchalla being no longer the leader of the Avengers but bad a good relationship with Steve Tony and Thor still and runs AoW as the commander and chief

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Sounds good. Also, congratulations for making it to 400 pages, Black Panther Appreciation Thread!
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sounds good. Also, congratulations for making it to 400 pages, Black Panther Appreciation Thread!
    400 in this iteration

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

I think the one downside unfortuantely is that marvel seems to want an african or african american writer on the book. Which is something I SORT OF understand from a PR standpoint, even if I don't think it's something that really should be a main priority.
    Maybe that is due to the fact all his success has come under black men.

BANNED

Tell tho$e guy$ I $aid, "You're Welcome!"

still a parody...

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

With all this talk of Princes Zanda, Namor, & Queen Divine Justice appearing in BP2 it seems to me that the influence for the sequel is probably Strum Un Drag (SD). I also read somewhere that BP2 will have a lot of politics in it. If they can pull of an SD plot, the movie will be good. I still want to see the Hatut Zeraze show up with their cloaking technology in the MCU but SD isn't bad either.