Page 650 of 744 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660700 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I don't give comics the luxury of a "slow buildup" anymore. It's almost always not worth the wait, and a waste of time if the book gets canceled after 6 issues anyway.
    I thought you weren't ready Marvel anymore anyway?

That's just it... they could be telling all sorts of stories, and instead, we get "Black Panther leads a bunch of C-listers on generic superhero missions".

I wonder if people are so thirsty for good BP stories, they are willing to settle for "just average".
    Aren't they telling all sorts of stories now? Sentry? Moon mission? I don't think these stories are average and we've had two different missions with two different teams in just three issues. Whatever mission Roz is on will be addressed by BP and any other agents he calls in.

Again, T'Challa leads an A-list team of heroes in the Avengers. In AoW, he has a hand picked team of operatives all around the world doing all sorts of things. More Wakandans? Sure, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

T'Challa getting his props is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I thought you weren't ready Marvel anymore anyway?
    For the most part, I'm not. I was hoping AoW would be different.

'Tisn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, there can be more Wakandans definitely. But like I said before, the title says Agents of Wakanda not Agents from Wakanda, they are proxies that BP is using.

On one hand people want A-listers on the team and then on the other people want more Wakandan's on the team. There's already an A-lister on the team, T'Challa. Zub has characters coming in and out, using a rotating cast, probably people he can use and get away with somethings.

As far as the N'Yami ships are concerned, they're more of Wakandan military so I don't expect them to be used as this team is not connected to the Wakandan military. T'Challa created new ships and tech for this team which is something we should be happy about. Anyone notice how T'Challa was in space in just the regular habit without a spacesuit unlike the other team members? All he had was a breather, it's little nods like that that I like seeing.

I think Zub has built a better foundation with AoW than any other BP spin-off and he's only issues in. BP isn't chumped, he's doing isht and it's got action.
    I think the book currently is just missing it's agenda. Zub said it's about espionage but it's not showing that, which is a problem similar to Ewings Ultimates. As for N'Yami motherships, yes its military, but we could get a modified version of it. I just don't like the helicarrier because its too much like shield despite it not supposed to be shield 2.0. so something nore unique abd Wakandan would be nice.

Again not saying the book is bad, but there is some missed potential. I seriously think Kasper should be in this. I think him and Roz would make a good pair. Roz has experience in dealing in global affairs and Kasper is familiar with Wakandan tech. They would be able to help each other out abd adjust to their new roles while giving them development and showing off colm Wakandan tech

I want tk say I see both sides of this. From BoG to Marvell I see both sides of it. Abd I think both have strong arguments. It very well could be that we have been starved for a BP solo for so long and theb when one finally comes it's hot garbage, so when we finally get stories that are decent (like an average or slightly below average issue of priest or Hudlin stories) we jump on it because we don't have anything else satisfying the craving.

At the same time we dkbt wabt to just settle on average and should expect Spiderman level treatment for T'Challa ad well because he deserves it and has a rich enough mythos to tell 10+ year/ 100+ issue volume continual stories easily

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I think the book currently is just missing it's agenda. Zub said it's about espionage but it's not showing that, which is a problem similar to Ewings Ultimates. As for N'Yami motherships, yes its military, but we could get a modified version of it. I just don't like the helicarrier because its too much like shield despite it not supposed to be shield 2.0. so something nore unique abd Wakandan would be nice.

Again not saying the book is bad, but there is some missed potential. I seriously think Kasper should be in this. I think him and Roz would make a good pair. Roz has experience in dealing in global affairs and Kasper is familiar with Wakandan tech. They would be able to help each other out abd adjust to their new roles while giving them development and showing off colm Wakandan tech
    I think the difficulty in making this an espionage book is that the team Aaron came up with on paper would be HORRIBLE at that. You've got a Gorilla, a werewolf, a bear, a sumo wrestler, an alien and a guy in a loin cloth. Outside of a sci-fi convention this group will pretty much stand out like a sore thumb anywhere they do.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the difficulty in making this an espionage book is that the team Aaron came up with on paper would be HORRIBLE at that. You've got a Gorilla, a werewolf, a bear, a sumo wrestler, an alien and a guy in a loin cloth. Outside of a sci-fi convention this group will pretty much stand out like a sore thumb anywhere they do.
    Then don't call it an espionage book?

I want tk say I see both sides of this. From BoG to Marvell I see both sides of it. Abd I think both have strong arguments. It very well could be that we have been starved for a BP solo for so long and theb when one finally comes it's hot garbage, so when we finally get stories that are decent (like an average or slightly below average issue of priest or Hudlin stories) we jump on it because we don't have anything else satisfying the craving.

At the same time we dkbt wabt to just settle on average and should expect Spiderman level treatment for T'Challa ad well because he deserves it and has a rich enough mythos to tell 10+ year/ 100+ issue volume continual stories easily
    To me, they just branded it wrong and too many people are hooked on to the espionage aspect. This is a recon/mobile strike team type book and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'll just ask, what about the stories seem bad other than it's not espionage? We already knew going in that Zub was going to do two-parters, so that can't be an issue. T'Challa's not sitting at home giving orders while everyone else does the heavy lifting. C-list characters? Again, T'Challa is leading the Avengers so he already has an A-list team. Zub doesn't have the clout Aaron does so he's getting characters that he can probably do things and get away with.

Not enough Wakandans? I'll cede that but we can't complain about C-list characters and then want an entire Wakandan hit squad(which by the way should be in the solo where it belongs). Agents of Wakanda not from Wakanda.

T'Challa is doing more isht on this book than in his solo. He's not doing street isht, he's not relegated to being a background character and he's taking on big threats. I don't se these stories as being average or below average. I think they are action packed stories and not here to develop T'Challa's character but rather his skills and feats.

What are some other the threats that this team should face?

To me, they just branded it wrong and too many people are hooked on to the espionage aspect. This is a recon/mobile strike team type book and there's nothing wrong with that.

I'll just ask, what about the stories seem bad other than it's not espionage? We already knew going in that Zub was going to do two-parters, so that can't be an issue. T'Challa's not sitting at home giving orders while everyone else does the heavy lifting. C-list characters? Again, T'Challa is leading the Avengers so he already has an A-list team. Zub doesn't have the clout Aaron does so he's getting characters that he can probably do things and get away with.

Not enough Wakandans? I'll cede that but we can't complain about C-list characters and then want an entire Wakandan hit squad(which by the way should be in the solo where it belongs). Agents of Wakanda not from Wakanda.

T'Challa is doing more isht on this book than in his solo. He's not doing street isht, he's not relegated to being a background character and he's taking on big threats. I don't se these stories as being average or below average. I think they are action packed stories and not here to develop T'Challa's character but rather his skills and feats.

What are some other the threats that this team should face?
    I enjoy the book. Here is an article about what Zub had said about the book.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...s-of-wakanda-1

He doesnt talk about espionage at all. He says big action and big drama. He basically says exactly why the book is.

Given their scale so far, I'd say a MoleMan arc, a Roxxon arc, and an Atlantis arc would be good.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-17-2019 at 01:58 PM.

I'll just ask, what about the stories seem bad other than it's not espionage?
    For me, that's the crux of the matter. Frankly, straight super-heroics bore me, and have for some time, which is why I don't bother with Avengers or any of their subsidiary books.

Gimme something _different_, and you'll get my custom. Right now, the book just isn't that interesting to me.

(This may be because, unlike many of my BPAT brothers, I don't get excited over "feats". Or maybe I'm just jaded. )

I enjoy the book. Here is an article about what Zub had said about the book.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...s-of-wakanda-1

He doesnt talk about espionage at all. He says big action and big drama. He basically says exactly why the book is.

Given their scale so far, I'd say a MoleMan arc, a Roxxon arc, and an Atlantis arc would be good.
    Actually he does:

…Kirby-fueled Mission: Impossible in the Marvel Universe.

Actually he does:
    "Kirby fueled" = Espionage? From what I've seen Kirby is about over the top weird action.

"Kirby fueled" = Espionage? From what I've seen Kirby is about over the top weird action.
    No, "Mission: Impossible" = Espionage.

Ultimate Member

A comic book store near my school is doing any book Before November 2019 is a dollar. Now through Wednesday.

Would it be worth trying any of the BP lead books? Since they are a dollar.

And no Shuri, Killmonger, BP vs Deadpool or Rise of Panther is there-all sold out.

I think they did this sale to get rid of all those X-book, Legion, Superman & Batman books.

No, "Mission: Impossible" = Espionage.
    But if you add Kirby too it doesn't that imply it wont be secret mission style? More like weird and crazy missions.
    Last edited by Cville; 11-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.