Page 111 of 744 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    To be fair you guys complain and complain once the hype dies down
    You guys will still be complaining...

Criticism is cool but y'all are simply negative Nancy's..
    This is the single most successful and longest running black panther thread in all of the internet. There is a reason why creators and comic book writers of black panther check into this form and sometimes even interact with us. And it's not because we are all haters.

When something is good ie Panthers quest, David Liss' run, Secret Invasion and so on we give it the praise that it's properly due.

When something is bad I.E. coats, Doomwar, and any time Bendis has touched Tchalla we point out every flaw.

And when something is somewhere in-between Hickman we debate it for a good 200 pages

You're not going to find more informed fans of the character who are willing to give their honest opinions of the content being put out there

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    This is the single most successful and longest running black panther thread in all of the internet. There is a reason why creators and comic book writers of black panther check into this form and sometimes even interact with us. And it's not because we are all haters.

When something is good ie Panthers quest, David Liss' run, Secret Invasion and so on we give it the praise that it's properly due.

When something is bad I.E. coats, Doomwar, and any time Bendis has touched Tchalla we point out every flaw.

And when something is somewhere in-between Hickman we debate it for a good 200 pages

You're not going to find more informed fans of the character who are willing to give their honest opinions of the content being put out there
    Honestly I think Liss' run is getting the praise it's due NOW... but I'm not entirely sure I agree it got it at the time the book was being published. I think similar to Priest, people appreciated it more after the fact. I think the same thing will happen to Killmonger down the line.

And believe me, I wish Liss' run did get more praise at the time, because I still think to this day it's the best BP book we've gotten since Priest.
    Last edited by XPac; 02-08-2019 at 08:51 PM.

His work got praised here by pretty much everyone. The premise however that was saddled upon him by Marvel executives was duly called out.

As for Tchalla being wakandas best black panther... I formerly was a strong proponent of the the "T'Challa advanced wakanda" side. However the more I read and even see about the older black panthers the bigger a fan ion of them. I think I'm going to stick with the cataula advanced wakanda technologically by a vast amount, but as far as being a great warrior culture and being a step ahead of the rest of the world, it's always been as such.

Pre Tchalla is say wakanda was the Baxter building as a nation
    Post Tchalla is turned into something on the Kree or Asgardian level

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I am so glad that they showed Hunter having a propensity to kill or seriously harm in that clip. Top notch Redjack

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    His work got praised here by pretty much everyone. The premise however that was saddled upon him by Marvel executives was duly called out.

As for Tchalla being wakandas best black panther... I formerly was a strong proponent of the the "T'Challa advanced wakanda" side. However the more I read and even see about the older black panthers the bigger a fan ion of them. I think I'm going to stick with the cataula advanced wakanda technologically by a vast amount, but as far as being a great warrior culture and being a step ahead of the rest of the world, it's always been as such.

Pre Tchalla is say wakanda was the Baxter building as a nation
    Post Tchalla is turned into something on the Kree or Asgardian level
    Marvel could have chosen another character to act as Guardian of Hells Kitchen instead of T'Challa. Falcon probably would have made more sense.

Would people have really preferred it if T'Challa wasn't saddled with the book, and ended up on the Klaws of the Panther book with Shuri instead? I'd say getting saddled with taking over DD's book was effectively dodging a bullet.

Plus... honestly I LIKE the premise of him being stripped of his tech and Wakandan resources. I think he should have stories like that occur every once in awhile to remind people that it's not the suit or the tech which makes him dangerous. It's the man. And his gear gets more and more advanced, it's starting to get easier and easier to give more credit to the tech than I'd like. Even in the Deadpool vs BP book (which I'm loving), DP states he's no match for T'CHalla until he gets his own vibranium suit. Once he does, he says he can fight T'Challa evenly. The unintentional implication being made there was that DP was more threatened by the suit than T'CHalla himself. I think that sort of gave the suit more credit than perhaps it should have. Again, minor nitpick since I love the book... but point being it's nice to see him without the suit and tech once in awhile to remind everyone how good he is without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Gotta agree with Ezyo. Tchalla creates the great leap in Tech. The only super tech we really saw that I remember in WW2 was the gun totem. And that was the same tech that was used when around the time South Africa was concurred. Then if Rise stays cannon, we see that they just start looking a the various applications of vibranium for Tchaka. So the leaps can only occur during the time of S'yan or Tchalla.

If these same writers from Mayberry to Coates got there hands on WK history they'd do the same thing they did with Tchalla. Coates would probably make Wakanda the biggest slave traders on the continent. Another part of the secret history. lol.

Ive never read it, but somebody really screwed over WW1 panther from a bio that I saw.
    right, I'm not saying technology doesn't advance with previous panthers. But i see it this way. Wakanda is advanced, and advances with every new BP. However, when Tchaka is killed, it makes everyone realize hey things are different, the world is catching up and we aren't as untouchable as we were before. Which leads to T'Challa using his father's death as his driving point to really push the advancements of Wakandan technology, in order to prevent something like that from happening again. Wakanda has always been advanced yes, but T'Challa is special and he advances Wakanda In a way that no other Panther has done. When T'Challa created the life boat that survived the death of everything? That's the level of advancement I would like to see established in the mythos to seal why he is the GOAT.

Also what WW1 bio are you talking about?

so now that Cap is back can the Avengers get off BP's butt?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    right, I'm not saying technology doesn't advance with previous panthers. But i see it this way. Wakanda is advanced, and advances with every new BP. However, when Tchaka is killed, it makes everyone realize hey things are different, the world is catching up and we aren't as untouchable as we were before. Which leads to T'Challa using his father's death as his driving point to really push the advancements of Wakandan technology, in order to prevent something like that from happening again. Wakanda has always been advanced yes, but T'Challa is special and he advances Wakanda In a way that no other Panther has done. When T'Challa created the life boat that survived the death of everything? That's the level of advancement I would like to see established in the mythos to seal why he is the GOAT.

Also what WW1 bio are you talking about?
    Had to break out my Ultimate guide book to check. Lol. His name was Chanda. WWII panther before Azzari. I guess he died in late 1930s.

A Nazi comes to Wakanda when his aircraft crashed. Chanda has him treated in order to stay neutral. The Nazi kills his wife and attempts to take over. Chanda has to run into the jungle, kill a panther, and wear its pelt to return and defeat him. And you'd think he'd kill the Nazi for this affront. Nope just banishment.

Take that imagery vs Cap running into severed heads on his first trip to WK. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I don't understand. What do you mean?

Wakanda is not Africa.
    Wakanda is Wakanda.

They've made that clear to the world for ten thousand years.

If you guys had any clue what you missed by not seeing my second pitch for the series you'd riot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Had to break out my Ultimate guide book to check. Lol. His name was Chanda. WWII panther before Azzari. I guess he died in late 1930s.

A Nazi comes to Wakanda when his aircraft crashed. Chanda has him treated in order to stay neutral. The Nazi kills his wife and attempts to take over. Chanda has to run into the jungle, kill a panther, and wear its pelt to return and defeat him. And you'd think he'd kill the Nazi for this affront. Nope just banishment.

Take that imagery vs Cap running into severed heads on his first trip to WK. Lol.
    Wow. That's just... Super Noble negro garbage. Good thing that can be easily forgotten and ignored forever. Utter trash

Ah yes, Chanda. First appeared in a backup in Fatastic Four Unlimited #1, his sole appearance before Coates brought him back in issue #14 of season one. One thing Cville left out is that the Nazi in question just HAPPENED to be named "Colonel Klaue". Guess who's father HE was?

The story also has Chanda discovering the herb and taking it for the first time, which leads to a visit from the Panther God, and the aforementioned panther skinning.

It is a really bad retcon of the origin of the Panther lineage, and I would personally prefer that it be "Mopeed" out of existence. Even if it was written by Roy Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Especially Natasha. She’s the one that really got on my damn nerves this season. Especially since the avengers just immediately took her word that BP killed Cap.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Ah yes, Chanda. First appeared in a backup in Fatastic Four Unlimited #1, his sole appearance before Coates brought him back in issue #14 of season one. One thing Cville left out is that the Nazi in question just HAPPENED to be named "Colonel Klaue". Guess who's father HE was?

The story also has Chanda discovering the herb and taking it for the first time, which leads to a visit from the Panther God, and the aforementioned panther skinning.

It is a really bad retcon of the origin of the Panther lineage, and I would personally prefer that it be "Mopeed" out of existence. Even if it was written by Roy Thomas.
    It is such a big retcon that I think you could successfully call it non-canon.

I literally makes no sense with how Wakanda has been portrayed in the modern era.

only cool thing was his nickname lol

Roy Thomas makes Coates look like Priest lol
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 02-09-2019 at 04:36 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well given its comics there will be the BS that writers will do, but that shouldn't stop T'Challa from being the GOAT. The comics should be talking about why he is the greatest, as well as showcasing the greatness of the others before him. I'm not saying everything falls apart when he's gone, but he should make a very huge staple in his legacy and Wakandas history. There's a reason the comics are about him
    Unfortunately, post Hudlin, things in Wakanda have consistently fallen apart when T'challa is in Wakanda.

In AvX, Wakanda was nearly decimated by Namor, thanks to T'challa endangering the entire Nation of Wakanda by giving the beleagured Avengers, shelter within the country he wasn't even the legitimate ruler of at the time.

This error of judgement on T'Challa's part, was once again repeated during Hickman's New Avengers run where T'challa was depicted ushering the Illuminati into the Necropolis (within Wakanda's borders) under his sister, Queen Shuri's nose. The same Illuminati that numbered Namor, sworn enemy of Wakanda, amongst its membership. And to make matters worse, T'challa blatantly lied to Shuri about reasons for Thanos and his Obsidian Order's minions attacking Wakanda in search of Infinity Gems.

T'challa stockpiled WMD's and extinction level extraterrestrials imprisoned within the Necropolis which upon their eventual escape, led to Wakanda almost being wiped out of existence.

All of that was on T'challa but for some odd reason, some choose to throw shade on Shuri for the stupidity and dedication to outsiders epitomised by her supposedly genius level intellectual brother.

I'm sorry, but under this set of circumstances, I see ZERO reason to view T'challa as being the greatest BP of all time.

When a writer comes along who (like Hudlin, Liss or Redjack) to actually write T'challa to his full capacity, my views will change but until that happens, no cigar.

Just say no to milquetoast.