Page 487 of 744 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about, though it's from season 1:

"We began in hunger--hunger for our own freedom. Then that freedom hungered for the freedom of others. Then that greater freedom hungered for a home."

Who the hell talks like this in a conversation? This is the kind of stuff you see in poetry or in a novel narration, not a conversation. And I wouldn't have so much of a problem if EVERYONE didn't talk like that. Wakandans are warriors, not poets and philosophers.

Everybody in Coates book sounds like they're reading a short story they wrote for a literature workshop. Even in this issue Storm uses "for" instead of because, which is more formal and proper. I get Storm thinks of herself as a goddess but even she doesn't talk like that.
    Reminds me of Claremont on UXM towards the end of his run.. That stuff was hard to read.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Anyone have a theory as to why Nakia thought it would be uncomfortable for her to go to Earth?

I guess Tchalla was hitting it pretty regularly and she didn't want to be seen as "the other women".

Only other theroy I have is she looks exactly like regular Nakia which would be extremely hack writing. lol.
    because she know she cant compete with a real one. nakia step your p#$$y cgame up gurl.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

[QUOTE=MindofShadow;4537172]Well for one, it wouldn't be messed up. It was 5 years and storm was nothing but a dream/vision.

For two, there is something between them but the memory of Storm was holding him back. It seems to me anyway

Well, for me, it is messed up, if Coates wrote that they were in a relationship, especially a sexual one. I did not read what happened while he was away, but it's clear from issue #15 that T'Challa has feelings for Nakia but decided to return home and back to Storm. That's messed up on all sides involved. Is it understandable that T'Challa, having no memory, would find himself in a relationship with another woman? Yes. Is it also understandable that he would return to the woman he left behind when able because his memory returned? Also yes. But, he is no way the same man he was when he left, in so many ways. But he told one woman he envisioned himself with her during a time of peace then not that much later slept with another woman without saying a personal word (in scene) before they did the do. So, yeah, messed up for all involved.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 08-28-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Seems like you are looking for a reason to be mad
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Anyone have a theory as to why Nakia thought it would be uncomfortable for her to go to Earth?

I guess Tchalla was hitting it pretty regularly and she didn't want to be seen as "the other women".

Only other theroy I have is she looks exactly like regular Nakia which would be extremely hack writing. lol.
    I thought the whole NuNakia and T'Challa relationship thing was settled in issue 5 when they had that chat.

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    Thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Seems like you are looking for a reason to be mad
    No, I just didn't appreciate the way you responded to my benign question, and then taking issue with my use of "that's messed up."

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Reminds me of Claremont on UXM towards the end of his run.. That stuff was hard to read.
    You might want to check out a novel called Paradise to get an idea where the writer was coming from with the prose.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    I thought the whole NuNakia and T'Challa relationship thing was settled in issue 5 when they had that chat.
    apparently not. lol

But this is one of maybe two good issues. The other for me being number 6. I just disregard the rest of them.

Also I think the time between issue 5 and now isn't that long.
    Last edited by Cville; 08-28-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    because she know she cant compete with a real one. nakia step your p#$$y cgame up gurl.
    I sincerely doubt that she could step up. After all, she implied that even without all his memories, she was not ranked first in T'Challa's heart compared to the former queen of Wakanda.

I sincerely doubt that she could step up. After all, she implied that even without all his memories, she was not ranked first in T'Challa's heart compared to the former queen of Wakanda.

I think the next page showed he was ready to be with her despite the flashes. Nakia was the one holing back.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    You might want to check out a novel called Paradise to get an idea where the writer was coming from with the prose.
    I'm more into Sci-Fi. Right now I'm reading Dark Intelligence by Neal Asher.

Thanks for the scan. Much appreciated.

apparently not. lol

But this is one of maybe two good issues. The other for me being number 6. I just disregard the rest of them.

Also I think the time between issue 5 and now isn't that long.
    2 out at least 36 issues?

Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    No major feats from BP in Avengers besides the napalm blast from the preview.

spoilers:
    Wakanadan Hulkbuster makes an appearance when it gets possessed but doesn't do much
    end of spoilers

In BP

spoilers:
    NuKillmonger is said to be dead

The Orisha returned to their followers

Bast is MIA
    end of spoilers
    So, what I'm hearing is:

Someone told Coates he should be more like Hickman, so he decided to copy JH's tendency to resolve things off-panel...

spoilers:
    • Wakanda is in turmoil! The country bounces back off-panel.
    • The Orishas are missing! They came back to Wakanda off-panel.
    • Venomonger has an empire! He dies off-panel.
    • Bast is in space! She disappears again off-panel.
    end of spoilers

Charming.

As for TNC's dialogue... it seems to me that his characters don't talk. They lecture, making overt statements of his Theme™ (whatever it happens to be that month).