Page 392 of 744 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442492 ... LastLast
Results 5,866 to 5,880 of 11160
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So, leaving the cinematic universe for a moment, I want ask a question. Do you guys think that we'll get a Marvel crossover that is Black Panther centered, or focused? Why or why not?
    Assuming you're talking about an event comic and not just a crossover, I think it's possible. I think it's most likely if we have a Black Panther writer who becomes so successful they start writing the more main books like Avengers. Coates has obviously started doing Captain America, but I doubt it'll go much further than that. I don't know how Marvel feels about giving Jason Aaron another event, but I suppose the opposite direction is possible as well. Aaron's got Black Panther ties and has been building up his Agents of Wakanda stuff. But, in order for it to happen, it'll almost certainly have to involve a writer writing multiple books, imo.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Can't steal something you already lead in and own.

"every single thread on reddit" lol Bast have mercy. Every single thread on reddit also says "unpopular opinion, BP movie wasn't that good." Is that the target audience? That crowd? "most of twitter"

If people used the same fine tooth comb they criticize Coogler's T'challa for with Russo's T'challa, you could brutalize it just as much.

- ended up in a headlock with non enhanced Hawkeye
    - stopped by Widow
    - manipulated by Zemo the whole movie
    - couldn't find Bucky himself with his "considerable" resources, had to team up with Widow/Stark
    - Let his dad die on his watch
    - didn't get a chance to win any fight except hawkeye (after said headlock)
    - Was 5th in screen time in CW
    - Was 19th in screen time in IW, only 15 seconds longer than Okoye.
    - no real feats in IW
    - Cap was the one that said told T'challa (THE KING AND LEADER OF THE ARMY) that they can't let them get surrounded.
    - t'challa's battle strategy in IW was stupid

See how easy and stupid that is to nitpick stuff to death?

That's not "nit-picking" that's valid critic from a TRUE longtime follower of the character and applies fully to both The Russo's (who had every opportunity to have Tchalla take down black dwarf) and Coogler (Who's Tchalla didn't deliver point blank but his Wakanda did)

They need to correct the record on who Tchallas. He's definitely not slightly less or equally as smart as his teenage baby sister (as smart as I believe she should be). The crowd should have gotten a version that was unquestionably a semblance of a Reed Richards who will get his hands dirty and might be a threat.

I do t see this Tchalla as someone capable of solving multiversal let alone world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Who says BP films don't get all the love Rsso Bros films get from fans? It's a billion plus dolloar Oscar nominated film. It's hard to get more love than that. Yeah, there are some people who aren't going to like it, but you can say that about pretty much anything. Look hard enough and I'm sure you'll find people on Reddit complaining about oxygen being in earths atmosphere. In the end it doesn't mean anything.
    Why in the world can't we in this ancient thread separate the measuring of success between From a "comics quality "perspective vs a "random non-marvel fans loved it because it was truly a beautiful and talented product" perspective.
    From the latter perspective I fully support any successful "thing" labeled Wakanda/Black Panther2 that Marvel let's Coogler do.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-05-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    That's not "nit-picking" that's valid critic from a TRUE longtime follower of the character and applies fully to both The Russo's (who had every opportunity to have Tchalla take down black dwarf) and Coogler (Who's Tchalla didn't deliver point blank but his Wakanda did)

They need to correct the record on who Tchallas. He's definitely not slightly less or equally as smart as his teenage baby sister (as smart as I believe she should be). The crowd should have gotten a version that was unquestionably a semblance of a Reed Richards who will get his hands dirty and might be a threat.

I do t see this Tchalla as someone capable of solving multiversal let alone world problems.
    Just because Shuri is the smartest person in the world (according to the Russos) doesn't mean T'CHalla isn't capable of solving world or multiversal problems. It's not a zero sum game here... both can be very very very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This.
    I LOVE the MU BP World and while there are so many thing/stories I would love to see adapted on film, I'm not a screen-writer, not a director, not an actor, not a producer...so I'm not about to presume to tell any of those guys how to do their professional jobs. As a fan, all I can do is trust that those who hold the reigns know what they're doing and will produce the best product they can.
    For the movies, as with the comics, I've resigned myself to the fact...looooong ago...that my personal thoughts and expectations really do not matter (if that were the case, BP would never have been written by the current writer). MCU and MU will do as they please, and I will buy or not buy as I please.
    So you're telling me you as a comics fan can't think of a single thing you could tell Brian Singer that he may want to adjust in his X-Men movies.
    These are movies yes...but movies about comics. Some comics nerds might have a little helpful perspective.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-05-2019 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Just because Shuri is the smartest person in the world (according to the Russos) doesn't mean T'CHalla isn't capable of solving world or multiversal problems. It's not a zero sum game here... both can be very very very smart.
    As can everyone in wakanda theoretically so why not right? Not like being the brain that powers the world's most technologically advanced nation is a core trait and plus of the titular character. As least he still claws things and flip kicks.

Shuri being the smartest person in the world means that the smartest thing Tchalla could do for any problem is to ask his 16ish year old sister what to do.
    Last edited by Ekie; 07-05-2019 at 09:15 PM.

As can everyone in wakanda theoretically so why not right? Not like being the brain that powers the world's most technologically advanced nation is a core trait and plus of the titular character. As least he still claws things and flip kicks.

Shuri being the smartest person in the world means that the smartest thing Tchalla could do for any problem is to ask his 16ish year old sister what to do.
    Wouldnt that mean he should ask the 10 smarter people than him in the 616 what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Wouldnt that mean he should ask the 10 smarter people than him in the 616 what to do?
    The only person he believes can even keep up is Reed. And when he needs Reed's input on a problem guess what? He's smart enough to call him

The only person he believes can even keep up is Reed. And when he needs Reed's input on a problem guess what? He's smart enough to call him
    So then Marvel should retcon all BP stories to have at least one panel of Tchalla calling Reed. Since you said the smartest thing to do is to ask the person smarter than you for any problem.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes I think so

We should get a couple Team ups:

T'Challa and Thor

Tchalla and miles (time for lil homie to tell him Thanks and get the VB upgrade)

Tchalla and Namor

Hudlin's throw back to Black steel

Also YES to letting Hudlin come in and write his WWW ( basically retell his version of Doom war)
    I would also like to see a Black Panther & Iron Man as well

I beleive I have found the cause of these recent California earthquakes...

Attachment 84212

Apparently my son is using the belated Father's Day gift Infinity Gauntlet he bought me for his own pleasure!

I told him not to snap his fingers so close to the fault line but NOOOOOO... Deez Kidz today I tell ya!

He is about to get downgraded from Gamora status to Nebula status if he don't quit playing!

Where is Stormbreaker I'm going for the head...

Oh well, The Father of The Year has to do what he has to...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Assuming you're talking about an event comic and not just a crossover, I think it's possible. I think it's most likely if we have a Black Panther writer who becomes so successful they start writing the more main books like Avengers. Coates has obviously started doing Captain America, but I doubt it'll go much further than that. I don't know how Marvel feels about giving Jason Aaron another event, but I suppose the opposite direction is possible as well. Aaron's got Black Panther ties and has been building up his Agents of Wakanda stuff. But, in order for it to happen, it'll almost certainly have to involve a writer writing multiple books, imo.
    At this point I was kind of hoping it would be Aaron only due the fact he's freshly handling the character and seems to kind of like him. I see what he did for Thor, and I say hell, at least we won't see another Doomwar debacle. Besides it doesn't look like Marvel will be snatching up Scott Synder anytime soon.

He can work with his sister, and Wakanda in general, to resolve problems sure. Batman got help from Lucious Fox in the Nolin Batman movies. Didn't hurt Batman in the least.

Again, it's not a zero sum game here. Making his sister intelligent doesn't mean T'Challa can't and isn't. They can both be very very smart.

I think T'Challa actually called himself the 8th smartest person in the world during Liss' run. It was probably said tongue and cheek, but just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it only happens if a bigger writer is writing BP. Especially a writer that actually awknowledges what is going on in the greater MU. Coates really doesn't do that, he stays in his own world.

So, if like.... Aaron, Spencer, Cates, Hickman, or whatever takes a BP book, we could probably expect it to end in an event somewhere down the line.

But Coates has a 5 year, isolated plan, so nothing is really going to change in that regard.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html