Page 652 of 744 FirstFirst ... 152552602642648649650651652653654655656662702 ... LastLast
Results 9,766 to 9,780 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Honestly, I don't think it's a matter of being starved for good stories, I think it's as simple as the solo being a failure. I don't think there's anything wrong with AoW, it's a fun action book like Zub said.

The problem is that the solo is such a frak-fest that people are looking elsewhere for development and characterization of BP and Wakanda and they don't see it in AoW. Which imo shouldn't be the case.

If WoW wasn't the bomb that it was, handled it's premise better than the stupid plot of Two Wakandan Girls in New York, then that could have been the perfect complimentary book to a BP solo. Neither Coates nor his friends should ever be given a BP book to write again.
    One issue-As bad as WOW did as a floppy-that trade had sale numbers before we even saw the Panther trailer. Using Amazon numbers as a measuring stick-it started as a top 150 and made it as far as top 50 seller for super hero books. Crew was right behind it. It's just now settling in lower 2000s.
    However BP WOW is very popular among teens. With nothing but PRAISE for folks NOT named Black Panther.

To everyone else outside of hardcore Panther fans-saw both those books as spinoffs meant to showcase others.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One issue-As bad as WOW did as a floppy-that trade had sale numbers before we even saw the Panther trailer. Using Amazon numbers as a measuring stick-it started as a top 150 and made it as far as top 50 seller for super hero books. Crew was right behind it. It's just now settling in lower 2000s.
    However BP WOW is very popular among teens. With nothing but PRAISE for folks NOT named Black Panther.

To everyone else outside of hardcore Panther fans-saw both those books as spinoffs meant to showcase others.
    Plus BP WoW did win an Eisner for best limited series ... I'm sure for marvel that didn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, but the team is lacking There is no theme behind any of the members, and most of them seem to have been selected because they are faves of Jason Aaron (Broo, Gorilla Man, Fat Cobra, American Eagle, Dr. Nemesis)
    You can argue there's a bit of a theme in them not having a theme though. The randomless arguably is a part of the books charm.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You can argue there's a bit of a theme in them not having a theme though. The randomless arguably is a part of the books charm.
    That doesn't last past issue 2, when thee are no meaningful foils, mission profiles or what have you.

Saving the world because they save the world is boring. Comics have been doing that for decades. It's stale. Only the Avengers/Justice League can pull it off. Direction shouldn't be that much to ask

BANNED

Yep, my-bad! Coates is NOT a Philly-kid. He’s from B-more. Speaking of “Philly”… Philly-the-Kid is one of the main characters in “Canon Busters” (an animated series created by LeSean Thomas). Anybody see it? Did you notice “Sam”?

She was the prince’s main body guard (spoiler). Reminds me of the Dora Milaje. Imagine Wakandan tech using andriod Dora Milaje? No Worries, WWO is not over. Never no disrespect to Red-Jack but Canon Busters was (iz) the best black (character) animated action show I’ve seen.

AOW? I can’t comment cuz it lacks genuine creativity. BP as a whole is starving for some soul food. BP writers still live in the shadow of Muad’Dib. On some Hollywood ish! Still undisputed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Yep, my-bad! Coates is NOT a Philly-kid. He’s from B-more. Speaking of “Philly”… Philly-the-Kid is one of the main characters in “Canon Busters” (an animated series created by LeSean Thomas). Anybody see it? Did you notice “Sam”?

She was the prince’s main body guard (spoiler). Reminds me of the Dora Milaje. Imagine Wakandan tech using andriod Dora Milaje? No Worries, WWO is not over. Never no disrespect to Red-Jack but Canon Busters was (iz) the best black (character) animated action show I’ve seen.

AOW? I can’t comment cuz it lacks genuine creativity. BP as a whole is starving for some soul food. BP writers still live in the shadow of Muad’Dib. On some Hollywood ish! Still undisputed.
    I liked the show, but I thought the dialogue for Philly could have been better. They were going for a Trigun feel, but I don't like that show so he didnt work for me either.

BANNED

There were plenty of missed opportunities in the show. Still all good! The final conclusion was disappointing but I get why they had to do it that way (spoiler). Still under climatic IMO.

I’ve only seen a few episodes of Tri-Gun. I thought it had a Michiko & Hatchin feel!

The show was really about Sam. The Dora Milaje of the Canon Buster universe.

Marvel should take some notes. Notes… not swagger jackin’ like they did yah bwoy! I called it the best show because it’s the only show (we need more black animated shows) besides Red-Jack / Hudlin reruns. respect tho.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Plus BP WoW did win an Eisner for best limited series ... I'm sure for marvel that didn't suck.
    The problem with wow is just like movies like 12 years a slave or Tyler Perry movies. They feed off dysfunction abd those types of tropes of tearing down the opposite sex to prop up the other. Abd for BP that doesn't work

There were plenty of missed opportunities in the show. Still all good! The final conclusion was disappointing but I get why they had to do it that way (spoiler). Still under climatic IMO.

I’ve only seen a few episodes of Tri-Gun. I thought it had a Michiko & Hatchin feel!

The show was really about Sam. The Dora Milaje of the Canon Buster universe.

Marvel should take some notes. Notes… not swagger jackin’ like they did yah bwoy! I called it the best show because it’s the only show (we need more black animated shows) besides Red-Jack / Hudlin reruns. respect tho.
    I was thinking it would work better as a Mugen or Spike type character. Which he kinda is like Mugan, but too annoying.

I like Michiko and Hatchin too. The Misty Knight like character was my favorite.

What is this?? It looks really interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    What is this?? It looks really interesting
    Canon Busters. It's on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Canon Busters. It's on Netflix.
    Is it worth watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Is it worth watching?
    Its decent. Like Trigun mixed with Samurai Champloo, but not as good as Champloo. I put it at middle of the road level anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Its decent. Like Trigun mixed with Samurai Champloo, but not as good as Champloo. I put it at middle of the road level anime.
    Alright cool I'll check it out then. Champloo was badass, I miss that show. That abd the boondocks when Aaron was doing it.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Great early writing for Black Panther from Don McGregor in Jungle Action #17 (1975).