Page 306 of 744 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    1.2 billion dollars world wide it's First weekend DAMN
    Endgame had a much bigger marketing budget then IW and BP and opened in China first. It also had much more theaters then IW and BP all over the world. They to played the film in some theaters 24 hours a day.

There were long lines at my theatre for the afternoon matinees. This was Big™.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I don't think it was better or as good as Black Panther.

However, I do think it was better than Infinity War. It was doing enough different things that I didn't find myself wondering where BP was.

I gotta give Russos credit. They know how to shoot spectacle.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 04-28-2019 at 04:08 PM.

As a superhero/comic book movie, you could argue its the best movie ever. Certainly the most comic book movie I've ever seen.

As a film just a pure movie. Taking everything into account that you'd use to evaluate a film. I'd have to say, Black Panther, The Dark Knight, Winter Soldier, and a few other films beat out End Game. Still, you have to recognize what End Game is. It's closing a 10+ year chapter of connected films. Fitting in a huge cast several little plot points and character arcs. As a salute to the phase 1 Avengers, it does a pretty great job, even if it is a little bloated for a 3-hour film. The final act is for every geek who loves superheroes. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they chopped a little from the beginning and middle and added a bit more to the ending.
    The J-man

I actually liked IW better. Plot was more deliberate and to the point. I'm gonna see EG a few more times though before I decide for sure.

Russo's did pretty much delivered the comic book GOAT series of movies though. TWS, CW, IW, EG... if anyone told me any of those were their favorite comic book movie, I wouldn't argue with them

They use the absorption ability of the BP suit like crap though lol. Coogler used it for maximum thematic effect... Russos just spam lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    even if it is a little bloated for a 3-hour film. The final act is for every geek who loves superheroes. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they chopped a little from the beginning and middle and added a bit more to the ending.
    I agree. I felt that

spoilers:
    a couple time travel "stops" dragged out a bit too long. Especially the cap/tony one. Both times they tried to get the tesseract felt overly long. I felt the "hulk down the stares" humor, while funny, wasn't really needed... the movie had enough built in comedy. the convo with stark and his dad draaaaaaaaaggggggged for me.

"thor is scared" bit lasted a touch too long in Asgard before finally running into Frigga.
    end of spoilers

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I actually liked IW better. Plot was more deliberate and to the point. I'm gonna see EG a few more times though before I decide for sure.

Russo's did pretty much delivered the comic book GOAT series of movies though. TWS, CW, IW, EG... if anyone told me any of those were their favorite comic book movie, I wouldn't argue with them

They use the absorption ability of the BP suit like crap though lol. Coogler used it for maximum thematic effect... Russos just spam lol
    Honestly I find myself hating that Coogler even had T'Challa using that power to begin with. It sort of just makes T'Challa look like everyone else. I The BP scene against Border Tribe/grabs the spear is still all time great. However, I'm not seeing the real benefits in either IW or Endgame. I'm ok with him just kicking ass without the kinetic energy. I miss the ultimate badass from Civil War and the opening forest scene in BP. Unless they get create with it like using daggers.

I think outside of Winter Soldier there are plenty of flaws in the other films. However, that is about as great of a run you could have.

Here's hoping Coogler can do the same for Marvel. Get a legit Black Panther 2 and then maybe do an Avengers film with T'Challa as the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Honestly I find myself hating that Coogler even had T'Challa using that power to begin with. It sort of just makes T'Challa look like everyone else. I The BP scene against Border Tribe/grabs the spear is still all time great. However, I'm not seeing the real benefits in either IW or Endgame..
    It isn't Coogler's fault the Russos put no real effort into using it creatively.

I think there were five instances of using the redistribution in BP:

- exploding the car... cool

- ground pound AOE... cool

- killmonger breaking free from DM... cool

- t'challa blowing back all the border tribe after the rhino knocked him silly... cool

- t'challa/killmonger simultaneously blasting each other... not as cool but I see the point.

Russos on other hand...

YOU GET A PURPLE EXPLOSION! YOU GET A PURPLE EXPLOSION! EVERYONE GETS A PURPLE EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It isn't Coogler's fault the Russos put no real effort into using it creatively.

I think there were five instances of using the redistribution in BP:

- exploding the car... cool

- ground pound AOE... cool

- killmonger breaking free from DM... cool

- t'challa blowing back all the border tribe after the rhino knocked him silly... cool

- t'challa/killmonger simultaneously blasting each other... not as cool but I see the point.

Russos on other hand...

YOU GET A PURPLE EXPLOSION! YOU GET A PURPLE EXPLOSION! EVERYONE GETS A PURPLE EXPLOSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's the law of flanderization in team-up movies, where characters one basic traits or cool feats get over-emphasized whenever they're in a team setting .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    There were long lines at my theatre for the afternoon matinees. This was Big™.
    That's one theatre even so BP had the same thing but played in much less theaters and had a much less marketing push.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeansun101 View Post
    That's one theatre even so BP had the same thing but played in much less theaters and had a much less marketing push.
    we know. Nobody should be trying to compare the two movies. Honestly, Endgame shouldn't be compared to any other Marvel movie
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's the law of flanderization in team-up movies, where characters one basic traits or cool feats get over-emphasized whenever they're in a team setting .
    Also helps see him when the dark background with black suit I guess lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think its a case where you only have time on screen to do one rhing, so do the thing you're most known for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think its a case where you only have time on screen to do one rhing, so do the thing you're most known for.
    black panther is known for more then his suit. top 10 smartest in the MU