Page 591 of 744 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601641691 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Well, in all fairness, I wasn't a Hudlin fan at the beginning, but that had more to do with the way that he utterly trashed Priest's status quo (there were extenuating circumstances that I learned about later) than actual quality concerns. I warmed up to him later.
    Sure, there were people who didn't like Hudlin. But a super majority of BP fans enjoyed his run and still do. You can point out multiple things in Hudlins' run that was a positive for BP.

Can't say that about Coates at all.

So how much more story does Coates feasibly even have in him. He’s been on the book since what, 2012? That’s a pretty long run. Surprised he didn’t move on to the X-books, he’s always said those were his preferred franchise as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So how much more story does Coates feasibly even have in him. He’s been on the book since what, 2012? That’s a pretty long run. Surprised he didn’t move on to the X-books, he’s always said those were his preferred franchise as a kid.
    Please let it happen like now.

He should be done making BP somebody's poor man Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Can't say that about Coates at all.
    This is true.

I thought that was Kasper.

Who knows what he would have done with Kasper.

Probably have him run for President of Wakanda.

These numbers are not good

Not AOW will pass 10-12 issues despite liking the first 2 issues.

Hoping that Marvel at least announces something BP related to keep the momentum going.

Who knows what he would have done with Kasper.

Probably have him run for President of Wakanda.
    Actually, I was referring to what Priest revealed on his site:

Kasper, Gwen, and his mother Ruth are a "dark parody" of Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, and Aunt May.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 10-21-2019 at 04:46 PM.

BANNED

Not no, but Hell No!!!!!

What bigger story can Coates do? He was given the BP title on a silver platter, everything was set up. The ball was teed up for a Home Run and he frakking bunted.
    For the most part I really l liked Coates' initial run on BP. But the relaunch with the space stuff...conceptually I think it's interesting but the execution has been abominable - save for some nice art. Maybe it will read better in trade but month to month it's painful. Marvel CAN'T keep Coates on this book when this story's done. I'm hanging in there till the bitter end but if they give him another arc or BP relaunch after that, forget it, I'm out.

No, I don't agree with dropping a Shuri book. They can do a Storm book fine but don't drop Shuri to make room for it, she's just as important.
    I think Shuri should have a book too but when i say companion book i more meant them being a couple and that being shown from their perspectives in their books along with what each does when superheroing.
    If marvel was smart there would be a BP line of comics, there is definitely enough there imo to support at least a few titles.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Anything that came out under the Coates umbrella was a negative except Rise.

Fortunately, Zub ignored that mess and chose to pick up on Aaron's Avengers.
    Well everyone ignored what Coates did with Thunderball too.

Marvel CAN'T keep Coates on this book when this story's done.
    Well if you look at trade sales and the fact Coates just put out his first book of fiction. A book that is a OPRAH Club favorite and a top 30 seller on Amazon.

It's hard to NOT keep him on despite things. His activities keep the book on folks minds.

I mean who are you going to get to replace him? Unless you rotate writers for arcs.

Could Panther be a book that attracts Rodney Barnes? Vita? Brian Hill?

Sadly, I doubt the X-office would ever allow a Storm book that wasn't under their control. And I'd think it's even less likely now, given that they've decided to put all of their eggs in one Hickman-shaped basket.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think Shuri should have a book too but when i say companion book i more meant them being a couple and that being shown from their perspectives in their books along with what each does when superheroing.
    If marvel was smart there would be a BP line of comics, there is definitely enough there imo to support at least a few titles.
    For business more than personal reasons I would do that in an OGN versus a monthly. In fact I would do a line of OGN.

I would want to BYPASS the crybaby gators and trolls and store owners who would throw a fit about a line of Panther books. They are already going to have enough ammo with a black Batman in 2020.

Do a tag line of "The road to Black Panther 2 begins here" Since we are talking 2 years-an OGN about every 4 months would work.

So you can have that monthly Panther book be about PANTHER and not some stealth whatever book. Let those other books world build Wakanda and the rest of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well if you look at trade sales and the fact Coates just put out his first book of fiction. A book that is a OPRAH Club favorite and a top 30 seller on Amazon.
    A book that doesn't even MENTION the fact that he's currently writing comics in its author bio or marketing. A book that's marketed to folks who would never even STEP in a comic book store.

As for trades... now that the Bookscan results are being made available, it's clear that his comics audience is shrinking fast. Oh, the FIRST volume is doing well...ish (It's no longer in the top 20) But every other volume isn't even charting.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Please let it happen like now.

Actually, I was referring to what Priest revealed on his site:

Kasper, Gwen, and his mother Ruth are a "dark parody" of Peter Parker, Gwen Stacy, and Aunt May.
    Yeah, pretty much. Paraphrasing, but, "Peter Parker takes pictures of himself in action as Spider-Man to sell to his boss so he can earn money to support himself and his aunt. Kasper Cole runs around in a Panther suit so that he can take the credit for the criminals 'Black Panther' busts as himself and make detective, thus earning enough money to move himself, his mother, and his pregnant girlfriend to a better neighborhood."

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    For business more than personal reasons I would do that in an OGN versus a monthly. In fact I would do a line of OGN.

I would want to BYPASS the crybaby gators and trolls and store owners who would throw a fit about a line of Panther books. They are already going to have enough ammo with a black Batman in 2020.

Do a tag line of "The road to Black Panther 2 begins here" Since we are talking 2 years-an OGN about every 4 months would work.

So you can have that monthly Panther book be about PANTHER and not some stealth whatever book. Let those other books world build Wakanda and the rest of the cast.
    I like that idea. Could have promise, if Marvel were to keep going with those digital-original series.
    The spider is always on the hunt.