Page 329 of 744 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    He seems to be doing right by Steve Rogers so I guess it's African males he has a problem with.
    Yeah, he has an issue writing strong Black men as such. They gotta be weak, whiny, and incompetent. For this is "Not muh T'Challa"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    As I was typing I remembered that editorial pays more attention to Captain America, so they're not going to let him tear Steve down. But I only read the first couple issues of Cap. I need a bigger sample size.
    There's an entire TPB of the first six issues out now, if that helps, and soon enough, there'll be a TPB of the six issues following that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I liked the progress in this story, but it doesn't feel like the end of an arc.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    There's an entire TPB of the first six issues out now, if that helps, and soon enough, there'll be a TPB of the six issues following that.
    I mean write more male lead characters from diverse backgrounds. I figure C.B. will protect Cap, so I'd like to see sample from characters who are lower on the totem pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Progress? Its basically Shuri #1 with revisits to old stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    ... What progress? Where are we now that we weren't at
    at the beginning of the issue? What have we learned that we didn't already know? What major plot piece moved

So at the end of Secret Wars Tchalla said they were launching a station to monitor all solar system activity. Was that the station that was used by the Alpha Flight team?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    He seems to be doing right by Steve Rogers so I guess it's African males he has a problem with.
    Basically we are comparing a 20+ year and a 14+ year long run to a 3 year run and trying to compare why Coates has a waiting list And they don't.
    It's called competition.

They are going to watch what he does with Steve. Especially on a book that does not have issues being ordered by stores or Barnes & Nobles or schools or libraries.

Coates run is a top 300 seller on Amazon. Doing better than the recent runs Thor, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Batman, Venom, Justice League & Bendis's Superman.

Those are not books being done by CHUMPS. That is the A list squad in comics on those books. He's BEATING the competition.

Now look at Panther.

A bad as this run is-DC is not trying to offer competition. If your main threat is not even trying-why would you care to try? Folks desperate for a black lead book will get suggested Panther by default. Same with Miles, Riri & Moon Girl-difference is those books are good.

Basically Caotes Panther is the WWE & Tyler Perry films. As long as you don't have a threat you don't have to improve anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's called competition.

They are going to watch what he does with Steve. Especially on a book that does not have issues being ordered by stores or Barnes & Nobles or schools or libraries.

Coates run is a top 300 seller on Amazon. Doing better than the recent runs Thor, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Batman, Venom, Justice League & Bendis's Superman.

Those are not books being done by CHUMPS. That is the A list squad in comics on those books. He's BEATING the competition.

Now look at Panther.

A bad as this run is-DC is not trying to offer competition. If your main threat is not even trying-why would you care to try? Folks desperate for a black lead book will get suggested Panther by default. Same with Miles, Riri & Moon Girl-difference is those books are good.

Basically Caotes Panther is the WWE & Tyler Perry films. As long as you don't have a threat you don't have to improve anything.

What is the second quote from?

I enjoyed the most recent issue alot. It all came full circle in a way that was logical which honestly I wasnt so sure about bc the pacing is terribly slow and is tough for a monthly read. Coates is getting better and better and the history from the other books being intertwined is great footing. T'challa following through on his mothers life work and feeling guilt for not knowing what happened so he goes to the edge of the galaxy himself is T'Challa to a T to me. The art isnt really my taste thought honestly and I think that's my biggest drawback.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Progress? Its basically Shuri #1 with revisits to old stories.
    It probably helps that I haven't read Shuri so that would have been entirely new information to me.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    It's called competition.

Now look at Panther.

Well when the book is getting closer and closer to cancel territory, then yeah something will happen. Hopefully a new creative team.

And it doesn't matter if he is beating the competition if the work he is putting out is designed to make white folks feel comfortable by having a Black lead character who's entire mythos is built around not being a stereotypes, have his world riddled with them and made to make black males out to be a certain way.

So at the end of Secret Wars Tchalla said they were launching a station to monitor all solar system activity. Was that the station that was used by the Alpha Flight team?
    I think that was implied

You know, this is what I deserve for getting bored with "constant action Acuna art wank." At least the constant action acuna art wank was pretty AF to look at lol. Now we are back to Blue Marvel like exposition with mediocre art.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This timeline feels especially dark because things were so epic before lol

brb, rewatching T'challa playing runningback with the Gauntlet for 5 seconds ad nauseum

I need some good BP news. Is Pantherjack gonna be on DisneyPlay or not damnit??
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 05-30-2019 at 05:59 AM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This timeline feels especially dark because things were so epic before lol

brb, rewatching T'challa playing runningback with the Gauntlet for 5 seconds ad nauseum

I need some good BP news. Is Pantherjack gonna be on DisneyPlay or not damnit??
    Let’s all hope that T’Challa is in the Avengers project. It seems like every other form of media except comics can get T’Challa right.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"