Page 367 of 744 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371377417467 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Hmm, interesting. I think I'd prefer Zanda between the two. Feels like a more natural fit for a continuation of the story Coogler was telling in the first film. I do like Namor, but, it just seems like a bit of a reach. A weird place to introduce him.

My gut feeling would be that Namor is more in the conversation because of the studio, and Zanda is in there more because of Coogler.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That's a bit disappointing if it's true. We've talked about Namor in this thread and I'm still not convinced that he's the best villain to use. Zanda is ok I guess but can't say she brings more to the table than guys like Achebe or Moses Magnum.

Namor does bring that grandoise action though so as long as he dies and the CGI is great I'll be happy with him as a villain. I'm sure Coogler is gonna get a lot of creative freedom on this so if he opts for a more villainous portrayal of Namor as maybe needing vibranium to save his oceans or something you got a great matchup. But if this ends up being an early set up for Secret Wars we may have to deal with "noble" T'Challa letting the villain live, which I'm not down for.
    If they do debut Namor, I wouldn't necessarily count on him dying in the movie. DC got over a billion bucks for their Aquaman movie, and that version of the character was arguably more like Namor than Aquaman. So there's a potential IP to be milked there.

But Zanda is an interesting choice. Because she herself is a ruler, the movie can incorporate the political elements to the character which help differentiate him from other heroes. I think if Zanda is used, there needs to be another villain who acts as more of a physical threat to T'Challa. I think she needs some muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Hmm, interesting. I think I'd prefer Zanda between the two. Feels like a more natural fit for a continuation of the story Coogler was telling in the first film. I do like Namor, but, it just seems like a bit of a reach. A weird place to introduce him.

My gut feeling would be that Namor is more in the conversation because of the studio, and Zanda is in there more because of Coogler.
    It really wouldn’t make sense for Namor to be the villain of Black Panther 2. Especially considering that Wakanda is landlocked in the MCU.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If they do debut Namor, I wouldn't necessarily count on him dying in the movie. DC got over a billion bucks for their Aquaman movie, and that version of the character was arguably more like Namor than Aquaman. So there's a potential IP to be milked there.

But Zanda is an interesting choice. Because she herself is a ruler, the movie can incorporate the political elements to the character which help differentiate him from other heroes. I think if Zanda is used, there needs to be another villain who acts as more of a physical threat to T'Challa. I think she needs some muscle.
    Yea, if Namor's not gonna die in a BP film I don't feel the need to see him. As you said, Zanda brings in whatever political elements Coogler might wanna include and it also offers up a slot for a real physical threat like Radioactive Man or even The Six-Million Year Man if they wanna go wonky with it and incorporate time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    It really wouldn’t make sense for Namor to be the villain of Black Panther 2. Especially considering that Wakanda is landlocked in the MCU.
    Exactly, just because it's a cool matchup in the comics doesn't exactly mean it needs to be produced on the big screen. Or at the very least it doesn't need to be initiated in a Black Panther film. I've always held Atlantis vs. a Wakandan led Earth with the FF in the middle would be a nice hook for one of their films. Let's them do some much needed exploration while giving T'Challa a great feature without having to be the one to flesh out a whole nother civilization.
    Last edited by chief12d; 06-24-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post

I remember folks were extremely upset about BP defeating Karnak. However, it was explained BP defeated him once before. Naturally, folks were not trying to hear that.

Drawn by the King no less!

Yea, if Namor's not gonna die in a BP film I don't feel the need to see him. As you said, Zanda brings in whatever political elements Coogler might wanna include and it also offers up a slot for a real physical threat like Radioactive Man or even The Six-Million Year Man if they wanna go wonky with it and incorporate time travel.
    MOre than anything I think they're just shopping for a place to debut Namor. Similar to how Spider-Man and Black Panther debuted in Captain America. The BP movies obviously don't need him... but there's some history there. To bad there are no more Captain America movies, as that would be another very logical place to debut him. Probably THE most logical.

It'll be interesting to see if Zanda's country is technologically advanced too.

I don't think they would make him a straight up villain but more of an anti-hero who comes in conflict T'challa but will have to work together as the story progresses.

I’m just getting sick of everyone wanting Namor and Doom to be villains in BP sequels. There are plenty of villains in BP’s rogues gallery that can be used on the big screen like Achebe, Zanda, or Madam Slay. Hell I’d even settle for Zenzi and Tetu. If Namor and Doom fans want them to be done justice on the big screen then it can happen in films of their own (Fantastic Four or Avengers films in Dooms case). And I feel the same way about Storm, give the girl her own movie and call it a day.

If Marvel Studios can turn Rocket Raccoon and Groot into household names, then they can do the same for Storm, Doom, and Namor without them getting into T’Challas bubble. End of story.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

MOre than anything I think they're just shopping for a place to debut Namor. Similar to how Spider-Man and Black Panther debuted in Captain America. The BP movies obviously don't need him... but there's some history there. To bad there are no more Captain America movies, as that would be another very logical place to debut him. Probably THE most logical.

It'll be interesting to see if Zanda's country is technologically advanced too.
    Perhaps Wakadan has a history with Atlantis similar to what the Avengers show did.

Still hoping Achebe ends up being the villain.

I’m just getting sick of everyone wanting Namor and Doom to be villains in BP sequels. There are plenty of villains in BP’s rogues gallery that can be used on the big screen like Achebe, Zanda, or Madam Slay. Hell I’d even settle for Zenzi and Tetu. If Namor and Doom fans want them to be done justice on the big screen then it can happen in films of their own (Fantastic Four or Avengers films in Dooms case). And I feel the same way about Storm, give the girl her own movie and call it a day.

If Marvel Studios can turn Rocket Raccoon and Groot into household names, then they can do the same for Storm, Doom, and Namor without them getting into T’Challas bubble. End of story.
    Would other characters showing up in a BP movie be any different than BP first showing up in a Captain America movie?

It's a shared universe, so characters will cross over. They all exist in one big bubble. That's part of the fun. As long as it makes sense, I don't think it's a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Perhaps Wakadan has a history with Atlantis similar to what the Avengers show did.

Still hoping Achebe ends up being the villain.
    Yeah, that could work. Maybe Namor having some history, good or maybe bad, with a previous Black Panther.

And yeah, Achebe could be fun. I think he could be the funnest option to use in a movie, because he almost has a bit of a Joker vibe. He's scary in a sort of psychologcal way, which plays off well against a guy like T'Challa. I'd be disappointed if he didn't show up somewhere in the big screen at some point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I can see your point here and in many ways I can agree. But if Wakandans are Wakandan first then I think it’s a bit distasteful for them to not realize that they are also Africans, second and Black People third. Isolationism may have kept them safe and hidden from the world and it’s horrors, but while they advanced and used their Vibranium privilege(yes it is privilege, they didn’t earn it, they were just lucky enough to be born on that rock as you said) to further their own society, everyone else who looked like them was being enslaved, tortured, and demonized the world over. So at what point does self preservation just become self involvement? And beyond that a Nation-State with deeply engrained cultural xenophobia?

How would that look in the real world? Would we as non-Wakandan born. Black people support really a country like that? That had the power to aid so much suffering and chose not to? Genuine questions that I ask myself as a fan of the BP franchise and I think others should as well. The movie did a great job making Killmonger a sympathetic villain for this very reason.
    Wakanda is just one small nation. The MOMENT they stick their nose into someone else's business-how FAST does the rest of the planet rally to go after them?
    Or how much does the SUFFERING of blacks everywhere else gets INCREASED?

You can have all the tech that you want but you can't protect EVERYBODY.
    ESPECIALLY those who don't WANT it. Or who want to be PICKY about the help.

How many black folks have opened schools, created programs, have studios to make movies/tv shows, own businesses and so on that get IGNORED or even BELITTLED while guys like Kaep, Lebron, Jay Z, Tyler Perry and others get all the praise?
    Byron Allen OWNS The Weather Network and 9 other networks and got part ownership in Fox Sports. He OWNS outright 10 networks unlike Oprah. Who has a minority share of her OWN network.
    I can name black folks who OWN bleep that get ignored while we got folks constantly screaming what we don't have because of white supremacy.
    Because they don't pander to agendas like Coates-they get ignored.

You get tired of that. You doing your part for the cause and the folks you trying to help ignore you.

Killmonger's heart was in the right place but he was in store for a NASTY reality check if he succeeded. How fast does Wakandan guns get used on BLACK FOLKS more than white ones?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

Killmonger's heart was in the right place but he was in store for a NASTY reality check if he succeeded. How fast does Wakandan guns get used on BLACK FOLKS more than white ones?
    Now that you mention it, that would make for a very interesting episode for that upcoming “What If?” Series on Disney +.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm hearing whispers namor is going to be the next villain in BP 2. would you guys like that?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Would other characters showing up in a BP movie be any different than BP first showing up in a Captain America movie?

It's a shared universe, so characters will cross over. They all exist in one big bubble. That's part of the fun. As long as it makes sense, I don't think it's a problem.

This is agenda driven by trolls to get X-Men & FF into Marvel films as fast as possible.

Sorry it's not Panther's job to do that.

Panther in Cap's movie is due to those who did NOT want a Black Panther movie in the FIRST place. Same with Wonder Woman & Aquaman.

Doom has no business showing up in a Panther movie before a FF movie.

You want FF in the movies-have it be MENTIONED Wakanda is funding the space trip of REED RICHARDS & his crew. There is you HINT at FF.