Page 478 of 585 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 8771
  1. #7156
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Plus BP 2 may have a much bigger budget than 1.
    Maybe but I doubt it, BP1 was already really freaking expensive for a solo
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  2. #7157
    Astonishing Member Dboi654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,770

    Default

    Well I hope China will like the second one this time because if they are going to increase the budget (Maybe 250-300 mill), then the overseas box office might be crucial for it to break even but I'm sure BP will come out just fine.

  3. #7158
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    That China thing was overblown. The film was a success there.

  4. #7159
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    That China thing was overblown. The film was a success there.
    Yeah, it was solid. Just not super crazy like say Venom lol

    People also forget... the domestic dollar is stronger. It means a lot more to the studios as they get a much larger percentage + future sales of merch, home media, ect. And BP is 4th all time there at 700 million. The next closest solo movie is Captain Marvel at 426 million.

    So combine a ridiculous domestic number with a ridiculous opening weekend number (where the studio gets a much much higher percentage) plus the ridiculous merch sales explosion and BP was crazy profitable. Even more so that the WW gross indicates
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #7160
    Fantastic Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    418

    Default

    Comic book scoopers hinting towards Namor


    I don't see anything cryptic about this tweet.
    So you’re saying Namor will be in BP2?

    1 reply 0 retweets 4 likes
    Reply 1 Retweet Like 4

    Daniel Richtman


    @DanielRPK
    Follow Follow @DanielRPK
    More
    Replying to @DJGleyber
    That's what I'm hearing.

    3:46 PM - 24 Aug 2019
    https://twitter.com/DanielRPK/status...93888988794880

    I hope we see more of this side of T’Challa in Black Panther II. He was incredibly underutilized in the first one & it’s time he gets the respect he deserves. T’Challa doesn’t put up with anyone’s BS & we need to see that this time around (like in Civil War). Come on, Coogler!

    https://twitter.com/thomas_polito/st...68588315283457

  6. #7161
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    420

    Default

    Howabout : Moses Magnum as the bad guy : Ethiopian arms dealer turned super crook. Can generate earthquakes (with stolen Vibranium) and a recent bad guy in Shuri's comic.

    WHO should play him?

  7. #7162
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How is this horrid? The Thor franchise was there before BP, and Ragnarok came before BP.

    I know if we could have it we'd all want the MCU to really be the BPCU but this "negative attitude disguised as concern" thing is getting old.

    I would have never thought that in my life a BP movie or sequel would be Marvel Studios tent-pole summer blockbuster for an entire year. That is a huge thing, because the early May slot is where Marvel put the freaking Avengers films. We've been talking for years now about Marvel should treat the BP franchise with importance, like they did the Avengers and that seems to be happening before your very eyes, yet you still have something to complain about.

    I mean, do you want Coogler to rush the sequel out just so you can't have it in 2020 or 2021?
    I Know I was wanting BP to keep it's Feb slot but this is so true. The fact that it's on the summer block buster means marvel has Faith that it's going to be a smash hit again like it's predecessor, and despite in the long run it may have more competition, it's going to be huge.. extremely huge and coogler is going to knock it out of the park

  8. #7163
    Mighty Member Ekie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    How is this horrid? The Thor franchise was there before BP, and Ragnarok came before BP.

    I know if we could have it we'd all want the MCU to really be the BPCU but this "negative attitude disguised as concern" thing is getting old.

    I would have never thought that in my life a BP movie or sequel would be Marvel Studios tent-pole summer blockbuster for an entire year. That is a huge thing, because the early May slot is where Marvel put the freaking Avengers films. We've been talking for years now about Marvel should treat the BP franchise with importance, like they did the Avengers and that seems to be happening before your very eyes, yet you still have something to complain about.

    I mean, do you want Coogler to rush the sequel out just so you can't have it in 2020 or 2021?

    Three years isn't a "rush". Yea Ragnarok came first and isn't waiting 4 years for a 4th...sequel. I know bowing down to any morsels tossed our way is the new norm but 4 years for a sequel that big isn't the norm. Cooglers schedule isn't a legitimate reason. Nor is budget concerns. If their true concern is waiting for mutants to be available for use then that's weak. Franchise doesn't need them.

  9. #7164
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Yeah, it was solid. Just not super crazy like say Venom lol

    People also forget... the domestic dollar is stronger. It means a lot more to the studios as they get a much larger percentage + future sales of merch, home media, ect. And BP is 4th all time there at 700 million. The next closest solo movie is Captain Marvel at 426 million.

    So combine a ridiculous domestic number with a ridiculous opening weekend number (where the studio gets a much much higher percentage) plus the ridiculous merch sales explosion and BP was crazy profitable. Even more so that the WW gross indicates
    It may be the 4th all time but let us all remember it was the FIRST marvel movie to hit 700mil. A feat that took the final avengers movie to repeat.. we can't forget that.

  10. #7165
    Amazing Member Pumbaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    In Black Panther II, what other countries, if fitting the story it wishes to tell, do you want the characters to visit this time?
    Sao-Paulo-Tuca-Viera-1.jpgMumbai-1.jpgslum-hotel-640-1555942515.jpg

    Sao Paulo (Brazil), Mumbai (India) or Cape Town (South Africa)

    Visually, i think it could be cool if there was an action scene that starts in some James Bond style 5-star hotel and then moves into the City of God style slums. It could highlight how the very wealthy often live right across the street from the extremely poor, which obviously ties into Wakanda's place in Africa and the themes Ryan Coogler has already touched on in the first movie.

    But mainly just visually seeing a continuous long take that starts in the lap of luxury and within seconds we're in dirt poor conditions (and maybe heading back and forth) could be a cool visual metaphor.

  11. #7166
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Three years isn't a "rush". Yea Ragnarok came first and isn't waiting 4 years for a 4th...sequel. I know bowing down to any morsels tossed our way is the new norm but 4 years for a sequel that big isn't the norm. Cooglers schedule isn't a legitimate reason. Nor is budget concerns. If their true concern is waiting for mutants to be available for use then that's weak. Franchise doesn't need them.
    Except this is the MCU we're talking about. Ragnarok came four years after The Dark World. In the Multiverse of Madness is coming five years after Doctor Strange. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is coming four years (most likely) after Vol 2. This happens and will continue to happen the more projects Marvel Studios makes and the more priorities start to shift. The only reason something like the Spider-Man films were going to have a sequel every two years was because it was mandated by Sony.

    And are you forgetting that The Dark Knight Rises came out four years after The Dark Knight, the first superhero movie to gross over a billion dollars?

    And how is Coogler's schedule not a legitimate concern? The guy is highly sought after. What do you want him to do? Pull out of all of his projects just so he can work on BP2? He said himself that he and his team are taking their time with the movie. It isn't coming in four years because Marvel doesn't care about it. They do, and they've clearly given Ryan enough time and respect to he can deliver.

    What's your worry? That after four years people will forget about Black Panther? If you do all I have to say is that's on you, because that's not going to happen, especially if Marvel and Coogler have something big planned for the film and all indications point to that being a high possibility.

  12. #7167
    Resident of The Djalia Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    In Black Panther II, what other countries, if fitting the story it wishes to tell, do you want the characters to visit this time?
    We often don't see T'Challa in Europe except for Doom stuff so I'd like to see that in the film. Places like Russia, Germany, Spain or Austria. Hopefully snowing at the time too.

    I'd also like to take the film to the Middle East, like Dubai, Bahrain, Oman or Qatar.

    Then last another country in Africa. Maybe Ethiopia, Cape Town, Libya, or another fictionalized African country from the comics to use as a stand in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Sao-Paulo-Tuca-Viera-1.jpgMumbai-1.jpgslum-hotel-640-1555942515.jpg

    Sao Paulo (Brazil), Mumbai (India) or Cape Town (South Africa)

    Visually, i think it could be cool if there was an action scene that starts in some James Bond style 5-star hotel and then moves into the City of God style slums. It could highlight how the very wealthy often live right across the street from the extremely poor, which obviously ties into Wakanda's place in Africa and the themes Ryan Coogler has already touched on in the first movie.

    But mainly just visually seeing a continuous long take that starts in the lap of luxury and within seconds we're in dirt poor conditions (and maybe heading back and forth) could be a cool visual metaphor.
    Ah I actually really like this idea. Yea I'd love to see a James Bond inspired opening chase sequence like this, similar to the ones in Casino Royale and Spectre.

  13. #7168
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Except this is the MCU we're talking about. Ragnarok came four years after The Dark World. In the Multiverse of Madness is coming five years after Doctor Strange. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 is coming four years (most likely) after Vol 2. This happens and will continue to happen the more projects Marvel Studios makes and the more priorities start to shift. The only reason something like the Spider-Man films were going to have a sequel every two years was because it was mandated by Sony.

    And are you forgetting that The Dark Knight Rises came out four years after The Dark Knight, the first superhero movie to gross over a billion dollars?

    And how is Coogler's schedule not a legitimate concern? The guy is highly sought after. What do you want him to do? Pull out of all of his projects just so he can work on BP2? He said himself that he and his team are taking their time with the movie. It isn't coming in four years because Marvel doesn't care about it. They do, and they've clearly given Ryan enough time and respect to he can deliver.

    What's your worry? That after four years people will forget about Black Panther? If you do all I have to say is that's on you, because that's not going to happen, especially if Marvel and Coogler have something big planned for the film and all indications point to that being a high possibility.
    BP was the first phase 5 film announced with a date right?
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 08-26-2019 at 05:28 AM.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  14. #7169
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Minor thing that got missed

    Disney Juniorís new animated series ďMarvelís Spidey and His Amazing Friends,Ē set to debut in 2021.

    The series, from Marvel Animation and Family Entertainment, will be Marvelís first feature-length series on Disney Junior. It will follow Peter Parker and his friends Miles Morales, Gwen (Ghost-Spider), Hulk, Black Panther and Ms. Marvel, as they work together to defeat evil forces. It will be geared towards preschoolers and their families.
    Every little bit counts. Especially with youngins. Hook them in young.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  15. #7170
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Concept art for the Disneyland Quinjet ride.

    So it takes place in Wakanda


    This artwork is godly!

    BP front in center jumping nad stabbing like a boss, Doras in support, Wakanda.... inject it into my veins!
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •