Page 326 of 744 FirstFirst ... 226276316322323324325326327328329330336376426 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Did I get everything?
    The one detail you don't include is what my old math teacher called "the slope". How FAST it took for the book to get that low.

Looking solely at the numbers for Coates (available on your blog), we can see that after his artificially boosted debut, the comic took 20 issues to drop below 25K.

Then he had his relaunch, and the sales basically quadrupled... but in 6 issues it was lower than when his last run ended (and has stayed that way with only minor fluctuation).

I can only eyeball the numbers off of your chart, but Hudlin didn't drop below 25K until about issue #32 of his run... and sales rebounded quite a bit 5 issues later.

In general, it seems to me that Coates' run sheds readers faster than either Hudlin or Priest, which means that the gimmicks and relaunches bring the new readers in... but they don't stick around, and often take some of the base readers with them.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    He did relaunch with a new character. He just didnt change the numbering.
    True. I never thought that was a great idea although I can see why he did. I suspect it was more too little too late rather than any other reason.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ironically Shuri apparently doesn't like Riri when they meet, at least going off the solicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    True. I never thought that was a great idea although I can see why he did. I suspect it was more too little too late rather than any other reason.
    I think there was an article where he said editorial kept pushing to make Tchalla more "street". Kasper was the result. Guess he had to prove to them it wouldn't work. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I think there was an article where he said editorial kept pushing to make Tchalla more "street". Kasper was the result. Guess he had to prove to them it wouldn't work. Lol.
    A street Vin Diesel I do believe he was told
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Ironically Shuri apparently doesn't like Riri when they meet, at least going off the solicit.
    I wonder if that will carry over to Marvel Rising ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The one detail you don't include is what my old math teacher called "the slope". How FAST it took for the book to get that low.

Looking solely at the numbers for Coates (available on your blog), we can see that after his artificially boosted debut, the comic took 20 issues to drop below 25K.

Then he had his relaunch, and the sales basically quadrupled... but in 6 issues it was lower than when his last run ended (and has stayed that way with only minor fluctuation).

I can only eyeball the numbers off of your chart, but Hudlin didn't drop below 25K until about issue #32 of his run... and sales rebounded quite a bit 5 issues later.

In general, it seems to me that Coates' run sheds readers faster than either Hudlin or Priest, which means that the gimmicks and relaunches bring the new readers in... but they don't stick around, and often take some of the base readers with them.
    Exactly, this is all stuff people ignore. Hudlin may of had a controversial run, but it was GOOD. He kept his readers and actually cared about engaging story telling and high octane adventures for Tchalla and not the message ™ that we are getting now.. I mean look at everything Coates has gotten to do and how it's failed, and how fast he lost readers. All his spin offs, his failed team book. Imagine of marvel green lit Hudlin's team book he wanted on top of him writing the BP solo.. that would of been insane. Priest would of isht himself if he got the type of support Marvel is giving Coates. But all people say is"look at S1 sales Coates is the best" then ignore how many gimmicks and how much brown nosing articles give to Coates about his story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well damn in comes MoS dropping all sorts of Vibranium nuggets. That's kinda been my thought. People look at Coates initial run, the first 5 or 6 issues and go "See, Coates has the most successful run to date!" Without looking at the larger picture. I guarantee you, if Priest or Hudlin's runs came now when Coates run did, with all the support he is getting now? I think they would be surpassing Coates and maybe averaging 45k without the gimmicks Coates run relies on.
    One thing folks forget Hudlin's name got Black Panther trades on the shelves. Priest run only had 2 and that was it. Hudlin has his whole run and the trades in Barnes & Nobles. A place where unless your name was Static-black people lead books didn't get sold there.

Coates got a boost because he is KNOWN in the writing world. So even before issue one came out-you had websites that normally IGNORE comics as a whole talking about his upcoming run.

Also take into consideration where else his run is at versus the others. More Priest than Hudlin.

I couldn't go to Office Depot and get Hudlin's trade like I can with Coates.
    Priest & Hudlin's run don't have waiting lists like Coates has at some libraries.
    Counting Priest's run and probably most of HUdlin's run-I could not go to Scholastic and order their runs for my school. Only POC I could order back then was SHE HULK.
    Mind you this was 2005.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Exactly, this is all stuff people ignore. Hudlin may of had a controversial run, but it was GOOD. He kept his readers and actually cared about engaging story telling and high octane adventures for Tchalla and not the message ™ that we are getting now.. I mean look at everything Coates has gotten to do and how it's failed, and how fast he lost readers. All his spin offs, his failed team book. Imagine of marvel green lit Hudlin's team book he wanted on top of him writing the BP solo.. that would of been insane. Priest would of isht himself if he got the type of support Marvel is giving Coates. But all people say is"look at S1 sales Coates is the best" then ignore how many gimmicks and how much brown nosing articles give to Coates about his story.
    The thing is all of them have done way too well as trades.

With The Crew & WOW being top 200 sellers on Amazon before that movie even dropped a trailer. Both have fallen down to the top 500 in trades but they are doing better than a lot of other books.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    A street Vin Diesel I do believe he was told
    And the funny thing was that Kasper was actually partly conceived as a parody of Spider-Man/Peter Parker, in the sense that both of them used their costumed alter egos as a method to improve their own financial situations so they could provide for their families. Spider-Man set up a camera to take photos of himself in action so he could sell them out of costume to a boss who used them to denigrate and malign him in the press, but nonetheless earn enough money to support his widowed aunt-slash-mother figure. Kasper used his masquerade as the Black Panther to facilitate busts that would get him promoted to detective in the NYPD so he could earn enough money to move himself and his family (his mother, the mother of his child, and the aforementioned child) to a better neighborhood.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Marvel Studios is rumored to be considering adapting ‘THE ULTIMATES’ for a television series or film for the Marvel Cinematic Universe. (Source: https://hnentertainment.co/marvel-st...in-the-future/ …)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    I pray that this is on Marvel's radar only because of the chance to see Blue Marvel interact with T'challa onscreen, anything else. I don't even care.

Did you guys even read the article?

They sourced themselves lolololololol

There will be some sort of team in the future obviously. Black Panther and Carol are the two most popular new heroes. So these websites are just googling that, seeing Ultimates, and running with it lol

Plus, That team wouldn't be "the team" anyway. It would be an Avengers rebrand. So throw out Adam and put in Stephen and such.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    One thing folks forget Hudlin's name got Black Panther trades on the shelves. Priest run only had 2 and that was it. Hudlin has his whole run and the trades in Barnes & Nobles. A place where unless your name was Static-black people lead books didn't get sold there.

Coates got a boost because he is KNOWN in the writing world. So even before issue one came out-you had websites that normally IGNORE comics as a whole talking about his upcoming run.

Also take into consideration where else his run is at versus the others. More Priest than Hudlin.

I couldn't go to Office Depot and get Hudlin's trade like I can with Coates.
    Priest & Hudlin's run don't have waiting lists like Coates has at some libraries.
    Counting Priest's run and probably most of HUdlin's run-I could not go to Scholastic and order their runs for my school. Only POC I could order back then was SHE HULK.
    Mind you this was 2005.
    You also have to look at the times. 1998 -03 and 05-08 compared to 2016. Different climate. But what I am saying is that if Priest and Hudlins runs came out now, with the support Coates Is getting from Marvel and all the boosts from merch, tv, mcu etc? They would be dark more successful then Coates run. Coates is a known name but that doesn't improve his comic writing.

Basically we are comparing a 20+ year and a 14+ year long run to a 3 year run and trying to compare why Coates has a waiting list And they don't.

Did you guys even read the article?

They sourced themselves lolololololol

There will be some sort of team in the future obviously. Black Panther and Carol are the two most popular new heroes. So these websites are just googling that, seeing Ultimates, and running with it lol

Plus, That team wouldn't be "the team" anyway. It would be an Avengers rebrand. So throw out Adam and put in Stephen and such.
    I saw that too.. Had a good laugh, sad what sites will do for clicks