Page 670 of 744 FirstFirst ... 170570620660666667668669670671672673674680720 ... LastLast
Results 10,036 to 10,050 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Hey, Buddy.

I was just saying in the Storm thread it seems like nobody is really talking about yesterday issue, but 2 people. Then I come here and I see that Coates isn’t doing well in sales and he’s getting a relaunch? Hmm if that doesn’t scream One more Chance.

Like I said in the Storm thread I hope Coates gets his stuff together and more Storm info before he gets the Boot. And I know he’s been in the book for 3years, but he is all intents and purpose New. He should pitch a Storm book and that’s hoping Marvel or Hickman will listen.

IMO, BP is more interesting in Agents of Wakanda and Avengers than he is in his own book. And that’s saying something. The fact that majority of you don’t like it is also saying something.....
    So if as you've acknowledged here, T'Challa "is more interesting in Agents of Wakanda and the Avengers than in his own book," what do you ascribe this anomaly to?

And why pray tell, should Coates be allowed to use the BP solo as a convenient platform from which to further develop and expand upon her character whilst altering the Wakandan religious system and chumping T'Challa in the process?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Well, time to dig out the Priest, Hudlin and Liss runs so that I can have something good to read until then.
    I actually purchased David Liss's Black Panther: Most Dangerous Man Alive via my Amazon Kindle.

That alongside the first three collections of Jason Aaron's Avengers is what I tend to read from time to time for some semblance of BP excellence.

I'll be purchasing the Reginald Hudlin run on Kindle as well.

LOL that’s good news for BP fans, but not so much Storm fans. What happens if the next writer for BP decides that she does not belong in the Wakandan Pantheon?? Lol

I mean technically he has the right to strip that from her......
    I see no problem with this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I actually purchased David Liss's Black Panther: Most Dangerous Man Alive via my Amazon Kindle.

That alongside the first three collections of Jason Aaron's Avengers is what I tend to read from time to time for some semblance of BP excellence.

I'll be purchasing the Reginald Hudlin run on Kindle as well.
    I'll be watching Black Panther's quest on Disney+ too.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I see no problem with this
    I see no problem with the next writer just flat out ignoring Coates bs and just does his/her own thing.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I see no problem with the next writer just flat out ignoring Coates bs and just does his/her own thing.
    This option too

No T'Challa in Avengers 27. Mentioned by Blade that he gave the team "alien malaria pills" and by Cap that he's stayed behind to search for Tony.

It's gotta be a war with somebody(other than another civil war). I don't think they can do another "Who is Black Panther?" at this point. We've been asking that question since Coates took over.

World War Wakanda or something. But even then, he won't be able to believably pull it off.

Had a civil war, and it was 5 people in the most boring thing you've ever read with the most boring art you've ever seen

Had a war against Klaw and some nazis and a God, and it was the most boring repetitive thing you've ever seen with boring ass art,

Had a galactic empire going to war with itself, soon to have wakanda go to war with galactic wakanda... and it was somehow even more boring than the other two stories even with god tier art

I mean... if he ruins World War Wakanda next, then Bast has abandoned us all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

To be fair he is a New writer.

I guess Marvel thought with a New Writer things could be a bit interesting. But damn I didn’t know his sales where THAT bad.
    I still have hope for him. I’m still waiting for more information on Goddess Storm. Just saying. Lol
    That's not an excuse. He's been doing this for a couple years now and has over 40 total issues (including BP abd the crew) of writing comic's plus however many his Cap has. So being new doesn't apply. Hudlin was new too and he killed it no problem and was more successful then Coates

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    That's not an excuse. He's been doing this for a couple years now and has over 40 total issues (including BP abd the crew) of writing comic's plus however many his Cap has. So being new doesn't apply. Hudlin was new too and he killed it no problem and was more successful then Coates
    Eve Ewing was new too. Ironheart is ended but she left a mark that even COMICSGATE respects her. They OPENLY encourage folks to support her book.

Vita Ayala is newish too. They pumped out 2 books The Wilds & Livewire. DC had them go through the Dc Talent Program. Marvel handed over Morbius & Ghost Spider along with stints on Shuri & IDW Black Panther and there is STILL an untitled X-Men book. Vita has done a better job with Black Panther in one arc than 40+ issues of Coates.

What is Coates's excuse?

What happens if the next writer for BP decides that she does not belong in the Wakandan Pantheon?? Lol
    He or She or They will be doing the RIGHT thing.

This using this franchise to benefit OTHERS has got to stop. Storm has no business in it just like Doom or whoever unfans want to upstage Black Panther 2.

LOL that’s good news for BP fans, but not so much Storm fans. What happens if the next writer for BP decides that she does not belong in the Wakandan Pantheon?? Lol

I mean technically he has the right to strip that from her......
    Its not BPs responsibility to prop up Storm in his book, ESPECIALLY at the of him and his mythos getting a stupid retcon and thrown under the bus to give a feat literally nowhere else in the MU acknowledges

It's gotta be a war with somebody(other than another civil war). I don't think they can do another "Who is Black Panther?" at this point. We've been asking that question since Coates took over.

World War Wakanda or something. But even then, he won't be able to believably pull it off.

He blew the space idea to hell.

Maybe they do some sort of isht where T'Challa is accused of murdering some important political figure and there's a huge outcry and then various gov't put a bounty on BP.

I can't think of anything he can do to save his isht.

Hell no, he doesn't deserve the write to helm the idea Hudlin wanted to bring. I'd trust Redjack to pull it off, but Coates? Hell no, he can't even have Wakanda handle their own affairs by themselves without some huge unexplained ass pull. WWW under Coates would end not only with Wakanda losing, but sending it right back to S1 rape camps onky worse because now T'Challa would ve the one instigating it abd the Ma would come abd kill him or some stupid isht

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Had a civil war, and it was 5 people in the most boring thing you've ever read with the most boring art you've ever seen

Had a war against Klaw and some nazis and a God, and it was the most boring repetitive thing you've ever seen with boring ass art,

Had a galactic empire going to war with itself, soon to have wakanda go to war with galactic wakanda... and it was somehow even more boring than the other two stories even with god tier art

I mean... if he ruins World War Wakanda next, then Bast has abandoned us all.
    And in all the stories, he consistently never failed to add a ton of offensive stereotypes and throwing shade on the mythos, and has never let T'Challa defeat any villain by himself without help and in S2 case and two different times k in S3, he didnt even defeat the big bad... Let that sink in. T'Challa has never defeated any villain by himself in Coates series. Ever. And in 3 different cases, someone else defeated the big bad two of which happened in the same season, within a few issues of each other, AND this is THE big bad of the arc.. Bast help us
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-28-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    History has shown that the bump of a relaunch always leads to lower sales than beforehand. Faster drop, too.
    Carol Danvers wants a word

Of course. Sales are so bad, they need a relaunch to punch his numbers up. Just like the last one.

His trade numbers on Amazon-so far...

Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Vol. 1
    Digital wise top 50 in all categories for super heroes
    (If it was NOT for Hickman-he would be higher)
    (If not for Ms Marvel-he would be the top selling POC but he is top for blacks-only Far Sector #2 is behind him)
    Trade is top 200 after 3 years of being top 100

Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Vol. 2
    Digital lower 2500s
    Trade 1625

Black Panther: A Nation Under Our Feet Book 3
    trade top 1500s
    digital top 1800s

Black Panther Vol. 4: Avengers of the New World Part 1
    trades #376 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics
    #147 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    digital #236 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics

Black Panther Book 5: Avengers of the New World Part 2
    trades#136 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics
    digital#256 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics
    #100 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels

Black Panther Book 6: Intergalactic Empire Of Wakanda Part One
    trades #948 in Superhero Comics & Graphic Novels
    digital top 1200s

Black Panther Book 7: The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda Part 2
    Trade top 600
    Digital top 300

Black Panther Book 8: The Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda Part Three
    Trade pre-order is lower 2700s

Volume 4 & 5 are way more popular with teens than anyone else.
    Miles, Riri & Shuri's trades are doing better than volume 6-7.

Now for Storm fans who LOVE the fact Coates does Storm so well. Bad news for YOU. With Hickman's X-Men-those books are the ones being top sellers for Amazon. Meaning that version of Storm is the version everyone is reading. That is why we keep telling you to fight for better representation of her in those books.

A Black Panther book only BENEFITS Black Panther. Not Killmonger, Shuri or Okeye. Because his name is on the book.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Carol Danvers wants a word
    They changed creators to finally get her to sale. they stop using gimmick literary types and put a known comic book vet on her book that people actually like nad respect.

That isnt the same thing as "reboot as a gimmick!" They tried that with her and it failed over and over.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html