Page 459 of 744 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I was re-reading those New Avengers pages when this topic came up and I realize how useless Eden should be. And how most of Coates first arc especially Goon Slam Gary(Copyright MoS) should have been thrown away by somebody in editorial. lol.
    This entire series by Coates should of been thrown out. I wish they went with Redjacks pitch

When you say fast do you mean like Kevin Hart fast...

Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    With the teleporting tech from NA and the Nowhere Room from DW, he really doesn't have a purpose being in the series.
    Eden was better than anything T'Challa had prior to Aarons Avengers run. The Nowhere Room from Doom War really only worked for Deadpool because it messed up the person it was teleporting physically and mentally. And the teleportation tech he had in NA was OKAY... but if Eden was with Shuri and T'Challa when they attempted to steal the bombs in Necropolis, I'll wager Shuri probably wouldn't have died. He could have teleported them away 3 seconds after the Cabal showed up ... or quite possibly have teleported the Cabal away. In combat situations he was functioally more useful.

Aarons tech using the Celestial in Avengers as far as I can tell has no draw backs... so by that point you can argue Eden serves no purpose. Obviously he's not in Aarons Avengers book.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eden was better than anything T'Challa had prior to Aarons Avengers run. The Nowhere Room from Doom War really only worked for Deadpool because it messed up the person it was teleporting physically and mentally. And the teleportation tech he had in NA was OKAY... but if Eden was with Shuri and T'Challa when they attempted to steal the bombs in Necropolis, I'll wager Shuri probably wouldn't have died. He could have teleported them away 3 seconds after the Cabal showed up ... or quite possibly have teleported the Cabal away. In combat situations he was functioally more useful.

Aarons tech using the Celestial in Avengers as far as I can tell has no draw backs... so by that point you can argue Eden serves no purpose. Obviously he's not in Aarons Avengers book.
    What if Tchalla just gave the core members of his team the same teleporter he used in NA?

What if Tchalla just gave the core members of his team the same teleporter he used in NA?
    It does sort of make you wonder why his sister at least didn't have it. We can speculate... maybe it's dangerous or expensive or maybe he's just protective of the technology. But for whatever reason, he didn't seem to want anyone else to have it.

With the teleporting tech from NA and the Nowhere Room from DW, he really doesn't have a purpose being in the series.
    What are you talking about?

The characterization and depth Coates has brought to Eden really humanized him and made his own, stand alone character that everyone cares about. I'm glad we've gotten 3+ years worth of stories of the Adventures of Eden and can't wait for more. He is just so damn interesting! His character arc is insane... from uber to banging a princess. That should be an MCU movie right there. Eden: The Glow Up.

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

C'mon dude! We just can't leave Black people lying around with nothing to do!

We have enough of that in the X-books!

That would mean the next writer of a BP solo(hmmm....) would have to reference and use said technology.

But when you're country has turned into one of those s-hole nations, who has time to think of technology(while living in the most advanced technological country on Earth)?

It's too much! It's just too much!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I didn't mean have Shuri join AoW but has another book come out, like that and have her lead. Or something. A champions book would work since she's been deaged. For how lame the book was, I think Nnedi handled her interaction with miles and and Kamala pretty well. As I see Shuri personally being between 18-21 age range however given she was raised as a princess, carrying the aura of someone much older
    I had ZERO problem with Shuri as Queen of Wakanda for the simple fact that she was 100% pro-Wakanda and totally dedicated to the protection of her people in a thoroughly unambiguous manner.

Post Hudlin, T'Challa has been utterly meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That would mean the next writer of a BP solo(hmmm....) would have to reference and use said technology.

But when you're country has turned into one of those s-hole nations, who has time to think of technology(while living in the most advanced technological country on Earth)?

It's too much! It's just too much!!!
    BP writers do seem to have a bad knack for not using tech and gear the previous writer incorporated. Hudlin stopped regularly using a lot of the gear Priest made standard (I think he used the energy daggers like once). Shadow Physics and the Nowhere room vanished after Maeberrys run (though in Liss cas he actually had a good reason not to incorporate Wakandan tech). And most of Hickmans stuff (teleportation, force field, cloaking device) stopped being used after Hickman.

I will say that Hickman was pretty lazy about incorporating new tech though. He didn't give it a name or bother explaining what it is... he just threw it out there. I think that's one of the reasons why Priest stuff is still around today... and why I believe some of Coates gear upgrades will stick around when he's gone. If you go through the trouble of naming it and explaining it, it'll more likley leave an impression. Course it doesn't always work that way... see Shadow Physics.

I'll wager a lot of Aarons tech stuff probably won't stick around for the same reason. He's throwing it out there for one time usage rather than giving it a name and using it regularly. It's okay for tech feats, but not legit world building.

‘Black Panther 2’: Martin Freeman Confirms the Return of Everett Ross
    http://collider.com/black-panther-2-...reeman/#images

Hopefully they'll have Ross crack a joke or two. Ross is literally the one character in all of the MCU without a sense of humor for some reason.

Astonishing Member

One thing I'm really interested to see with Ross is how America (and the West as a whole) will play into the BP franchise going forward. Coogler's biggest influence is Priest and he didn't shy away from showing America's imperialist ambitions and paranoia with regards to Wakanda. Neither did Hudlin, who's also a big influence. Hell even now America's in a rough spot with the Avengers since T'Challa is leading them with the full resources of the kingdom at their disposal.

We saw a bit of this in BP when Ross was on the mission in South Korea to purchase the vibranium Klaw had stolen. And the whole issue of bringing him to Wakanda to save his life. But will America's response to T'Challa be as antagonistic as it's been in the comics? I don't know if Disney is gonna wanna show America in such a negative light. They might settle for some kind of proxy, like a handful of politicians against the kingdom rather than the entire government. Or they'll ignore that aspect entirely.

But if they wanna focus on the global response to Wakanda and follow up on the concerns floated in the first film, that's definitely a plot point to explore.
    Last edited by chief12d; 08-16-2019 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hopefully they'll have Ross crack a joke or two. Ross is literally the one character in all of the MCU without a sense of humor for some reason.
    T'Challa himself could be another character apart from some few moments here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    T'Challa himself could be another character apart from some few moments here and there.
    True. Though he was pretty funny with his sister. He plays a great straight man in contrast to her.