Page 3 of 744 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ll have to check it out. I hope it’s as good as Avengers: EMH was.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    The fact that the midseason finale has my mind racing at the possibilities of where the show is gonna go shows the incredible quality of the show and the talent of Redjack & the crew. I KNOW I am not ready for what's to come and that is so refreshing and exciting.
    I'm most impressed by how much care Redjack puts into the characters. No in in the show is jobbed to make another character look good. Which is something too oftentimes done in order to try and push a character.

Everyone looks good, even when they lose. This was especially true in T'Challa vs Thor that rumble has the clip of.

That and the subtle call backs to Priest and Hudlin's runs are very much welcome. My mind is kicking into overdrive trying to guess what happens next

Has anything been mentioned on what Christopher Priest will be writing for Marvel, now that he’s back as an exclusive writer?
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here ya go

Erik gotta work on his brazilian jujitsu

Out here gettin smacked up like Nunes did Cyborg
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Has anything been mentioned on what Christopher Priest will be writing for Marvel, now that he’s back as an exclusive writer?
    Wait what?

When did this Happen?

Spider Force.
    Last edited by XPac; 01-01-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Wait what?

When did this Happen?
    2018? He and Jonathan Hickman both became Marvel exclusive last year.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

2018? He and Jonathan Hickman both became Marvel exclusive last year.
    Um... Priest has been writing Deathstroke for DC for about 3 years, and Hickman hasn't written for Marvel since 2016.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 01-01-2019 at 06:57 PM.

I’ll have to check it out. I hope it’s as good as Avengers: EMH was.
    Definitely worth checking out. This is EMH Panther, only better because the show is about him

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Definitely worth checking out. This is EMH Panther, only better because the show is about him
    Pantherjack is superior to EMH Panther.

Which isn't to say EMH Panther wasn't solid (he was) but after that crappy "Ultimate Avengers 2" animated film, the bar was set low for BP's next animated Avengers appearance . Basically he simply had to not suck next go around and it'd be a step up, and EMH Panther did not suck.

However, the devil is in the details and subtleties. Pantherjack would never be indecisive and need Cap's permission to go back to Wakanda if his country was attacked by an invading alien empire. Dr. Doom ain't besting Pantherjack in a hand 2 hand exchange either. Nor is Vision getting as far as he did into the vibranium mines without Pantherjack (or just his Wakandan defenses) coming up with the right contingencies.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Interesting thing about T'Challa's grandad secretly working with the Invaders is that it would potentially make him and Namor allies.

But yeah... seeing Azzuri punch out Hitler along with a bunch of other WW2 heroes would be cool.
    Over on the Namor thread I suggested a retcon of having Azzuri and Namor being actual friends, similar to Cap and Azzuri. Part of the reason Namor might not get along with T'challa could be because he see T'challa as lesser to his grandfather. So while Steve recognizes the nobility and greatness in T'challa, Namor would see T'challa as a boy playing at being king.

I think it would add an interesting dynamic to their relationship, and be a fun way to expand on Marvel history.

Also by having a "secret" Invaders squad you could maintain the illusion that Wakanda was isolationist, even if they dabbled in geopolitics. Additionally, I'd have old kings send out agents similar to Nakia in the film that would have made move to undermine colonialism and slave trades.

Wakanda could have had a Dora helping train fighters in Kenya and Ethiopia, or help secretly funding the underground railroad.
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 01-01-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Obligatory post in epic new topic

The only thing I've heard ppl criticize BP Quest for is not the story, characters, or action but the art direction; which is a common complaint ppl have had with Marvel's animated shows for 10 years now. Even when citing EMH, which has become teflon over time it seems, people forget that the show came out in 2010 around the time of Young Justice season 1; the shows were being compared, with a main talking point being the superior animation in YJ.
    Black Panther vs Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Over on the Namor thread I suggested a retcon of having Azzuri and Namor being actual friends, similar to Cap and Azzuri. Part of the reason Namor might not get along with T'challa could be because he see T'challa as lesser to his grandfather. So while Steve recognizes the nobility and greatness in T'challa, Namor would see T'challa as a boy playing at being king.

I think it would add an interesting dynamic to their relationship, and be a fun way to expand on Marvel history.
    Exploring that part of history with Azzuri would definately be cool. Aside from Namor and the Defenders, Isiah Bradly is also around this period. Seeing a BP interact with him might be interesting too.

Maybe even Blue Marvel down the line. Namor is already friends with Blue Marvel. Having them along with Azzuri in some sort of story might be cool.

Hopefully we get more Azzuri love down the line. He was around during a pretty fun period in marvel history.