Page 655 of 744 FirstFirst ... 155555605645651652653654655656657658659665705 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,825 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/chadwick-boseman...y-plus-series/

I didnt really expect to see much of him on Disney+ anyway, but I'm still hoping for a War Dog or Dora show sometime in the future.
    Clickbait title really. Didn't say he wants nothing to do with Disney+ he said he doesn't want to do a TV show and he is excited about other things that aren't franchises. Which given the treatment he got when he was in the with the character he played (who he was then replaced with by MBJ) I get why he would probably rather not do that especially when you add that it would not be Coogler giving direction for the show so we could see some stuff T'Challa wouldn't do like we saw in CW.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Honestly, it was less clickbait than I thought. I thought the answer would have been "I wasn't asked." He's got a profitable movie franchise. I don't think Disney has any interest in turning it into a streaming show.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    The problem with wow is just like movies like 12 years a slave or Tyler Perry movies. They feed off dysfunction abd those types of tropes of tearing down the opposite sex to prop up the other. Abd for BP that doesn't work
    well said, Ezyo
    Roxane Gay’s WOW is the worst BP I've ever read. Eisner nod my goddess no! sorry not sorry & IDGF. she clearly used BP to dump some low ideas. it's telling on so many levels. RG for BP... nah bruh!

They have yet to rep the real action in BP jungle action. Samurai Champloo? ha, i forgot all about that anime. good one... Canon Busters related anime.

Red-Jack nor Hudlin repped real action! right or nah? i know, that's cold... i stay frosty, son! (not a diss.. yes or nah, action?)IMO nah

BTW- it's called Black Panther not Black Kitten. Hey, BP creators...

Here's some milk for the kittens...

The True King

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    well said, Ezyo
    Roxane Gay’s WOW is the worst BP I've ever read. Eisner nod my goddess no! sorry not sorry & IDGF. she clearly used BP to dump some low ideas. it's telling on so many levels. RG for BP... nah bruh!

They have yet to rep the real action in BP jungle action. Samurai Champloo? ha, i forgot all about that anime. good one... Canon Busters related anime.

Red-Jack nor Hudlin repped real action! right or nah? i know, that's cold... i stay frosty, son! (not a diss.. yes or nah, action?)IMO nah

The True King
    Nah,

Side note, there are energy daggers in the issue this scene is from.

well said, Ezyo

The True King
    Love your work bro but I can't agree on that Redjack/Hudlin trip.

The images Cville posted are proof that Hudlin brought the pain.

As for Redjack, his work on BP's Quest was spot on T'Challa, with as much action as you can pack in a kid friendly animated series.

BANNED

The biggest difference is how it's done, in Thornes synopsis, T'Challa isn't all of a sudden this depressed sad sack that can't even handle no powered goons. In there we see grandmaster chess player moves in allowing himself to be caught to confirm his hypothesis, we see 3 steps ahead by leading the hybrid to the techno jungle, we see T'Challa making you look right when you should be looking left, we see a call back to tech, we see a call back to SI which could lead to SWaD part II, and we see T'Challa see T'Challa fully capable and deadlier then ever. Thats the difference, though I don't necessarily agree with everything put in the re by Thorne, his version, abd the fact he KNOWS how to write comic's would of provided a much deeper development of tchalla, Wakanda and his Supporting cast while keeping T'Challa front and center and wholly capable.

How it appears realistically? Coates only won due to his fame, nothing to do with his pitch and definitely nothing to do with his storytelling ability
    I'd never even heard of Coates before he was announced as the next BP writer.

BANNED

well said, Ezyo

The True King
    What the frak are you talking about as regards Hudlin falling short on the action front where T'Challa was concerned?

well said, Ezyo

The True King
    Yeah I think people forget that getting an Eisner nod or an Emmy for a movie like 12 years a slave (which watching it filled me up with so much anger and rage of how mine and others ancestors were treated) or a Tyler Perry movie which again set forth to divide instead of unite, those types of media aren't good in the long run. What Coogler did? Is. It's unity, it's power, it's inspiration, it's the feeling of being able to be more then what others think of you, it's inspiring Black girls with arguably the best Disney princess around and supporting education. That's what people are hungry for. Not this same tired mess that some are stuck on.

As for repping the real action for redjack or Hudlin? I would say yes and no. Yes for the type of animation that was used, but no when thinking of what could be. There is a marvel Avengers anime out there. The fight between klaw and T'Challa, while dumb how T'Challa is chumped, the action shows what something like that could look like with different animation style, specifically anime style. But Redjack really did great action, especially in panther quest notably BP vs Thor.

I would love to see anime style BP.

Assuming your talking about animation portion. Comics? Hudlin didn't miss on action
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 11-19-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Some of T'Challa's most badass moments of all time come from Hudlin lol.

MARVEL’S VOICES #1

Written by VITA AYALA, ROXANE GAY, BRIAN STELFREEZE, GEOFF THORNE, ANTHONY PIPER, KYLE BAKER, EVAN NARCISSE, METHOD MAN, ROB MARKMAN, CHUCK BROWN, and DAVID F. WALKER
    Art by BRIAN STELFREEZE, ANTHONY PIPER, KYLE BAKER, SANFORD GREENE, DAMION SCOTT, RAY-ANTHONY HEIGHT, ALITHA E. MARTINEZ, NATACHA BUSTOS, and LUCIANO VECCHIO
    Cover art by RYAN BENJAMIN

THE WORLD OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW!

Marvel’s acclaimed podcast series focusing on telling the stories of diverse creators and their unique perspectives becomes a one shot of brand-new adventures! The X-Men find their place in the world after declaring a new nation! Killmonger strikes! Moon Girl and Devil Dino return!

Ultimate Member

Yeah I think people forget that getting an Eisner nod or an Emmy for a movie like 12 years a slave (which watching it filled me up with so much anger and rage of how mine and others ancestors were treated) or a Tyler Perry movie which again set forth to divide instead of unite, those types of media aren't good in the long run.
    The thing is with stuff like that and the fake woke community is that they FEED on folks being so desperate for whatever. And that fake woke group and especially those who bathe in the waters of feminism, agendas and entitlement will shame folks for speaking out on it. They are looking at the surface versus substance with a cherry picking eye.

I'd never even heard of Coates before he was announced as the next BP writer.
    He way more known here especially among the "woke" folks. Who can quote him and his "friends" all day long while they badmouth other black folks.
    You are seeing how strong that name is as this books and his friends got coverage in places that ignore comics.

If Marvel had gotten Jason Reynolds-it would have been the same thing with more schools going after the books than others. Also you would have had a better Wakanda and Black Panther. He would have given you a Panther closer to the previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    MARVEL’S VOICES #1

Written by VITA AYALA, ROXANE GAY, BRIAN STELFREEZE, GEOFF THORNE, ANTHONY PIPER, KYLE BAKER, EVAN NARCISSE, METHOD MAN, ROB MARKMAN, CHUCK BROWN, and DAVID F. WALKER
    Art by BRIAN STELFREEZE, ANTHONY PIPER, KYLE BAKER, SANFORD GREENE, DAMION SCOTT, RAY-ANTHONY HEIGHT, ALITHA E. MARTINEZ, NATACHA BUSTOS, and LUCIANO VECCHIO
    Cover art by RYAN BENJAMIN

THE WORLD OUTSIDE YOUR WINDOW!

Marvel’s acclaimed podcast series focusing on telling the stories of diverse creators and their unique perspectives becomes a one shot of brand-new adventures! The X-Men find their place in the world after declaring a new nation! Killmonger strikes! Moon Girl and Devil Dino return!
    What? What is this?? Ugh gay is back
    I cringe at whatever nonsense she will spew out

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The thing is with stuff like that and the fake woke community is that they FEED on folks being so desperate for whatever. And that fake woke group and especially those who bathe in the waters of feminism, agendas and entitlement will shame folks for speaking out on it. They are looking at the surface versus substance with a cherry picking eye.

He way more known here especially among the "woke" folks. Who can quote him and his "friends" all day long while they badmouth other black folks.
    You are seeing how strong that name is as this books and his friends got coverage in places that ignore comics.

If Marvel had gotten Jason Reynolds-it would have been the same thing with more schools going after the books than others. Also you would have had a better Wakanda and Black Panther. He would have given you a Panther closer to the previous versions.
    Honestly i just want an actual comic writer with T'Challas Best interest in mind on the solo with a good artist

What? What is this?? Ugh gay is back
    I cringe at whatever nonsense she will spew out
    An anthology book that is coming out in February.