Page 473 of 744 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483523573 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think 12 told us he went into a wormhole but we never actually saw how he ended up as a slave or how his memories were wipes.

also do we have the preview for the issue dropping next week?
    We learned that in Shuri 1
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Attachment 86065

Love this cover by Leinil Yu
    One of the few times I'm okay with the habit just being Black

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    We had this discussion. Besides Okoye who in the general public, villain, and non avenger hero community would expect this group to be working for Wakanda?
    I mean, I understand that from a publishing perspective. But from a creative standpoint, it's seemed like a strange call from their inception, well before there was talk of them having their own book. I guess I'm more confused why Jason Aaron decided to call this group "Agents of Wakanda" in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I mean, I understand that from a publishing perspective. But from a creative standpoint, it's seemed like a strange call from their inception, well before there was talk of them having their own book. I guess I'm more confused why Jason Aaron decided to call this group "Agents of Wakanda" in the first place.
    Likely because T'Challa is the chairman of the Avengers. I do agree one more Wakandan should be in the team, but I am happy that Zub is using T'Challa and giving Okoye some love

Plausible deniability for T'challa/Wakanda

"pfffff... I didn't send Ape-Man to infiltrate a secret American CIA bunker in South Africa that held Wakandan secrets. Why would I be working with Ape-Man? Is it because he looks like a monkey? Are you saying africans work with monkeys? You calling me a monkey? Are yo ubeing racist? If Wakanda came for thta base, you wouldn't even know we were there! GTFO of my office!"

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    well after the BP movie dropped I didn't think we'd get 18 issues of T'Challa being a slave........I'm just saying
    What a waste. From the first interview, this has been a giant waste.

Armless Tiger-Man would have figured it out in issue #13;

Just saying.
    Only way this run is redeemed is if Armless Tiger Man is pulling the strings from the shadows

Reading what Zub has planned for the AoW, I'm pumped.

This sounds like what Ultimates should have been with more action.

I know they don't have heavy hitters but this group actually seems like a team instead of a collection of individuals.

And Zub, ignore everything from the solo and do your thing.
    Got a link?

Attachment 86065

Love this cover by Leinil Yu
    I like the grittiness to the habit and the menacing mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    By Alex Ross:

i've never liked how Alex draws T'challa

Jim Zub Promises a "Celebration of the Strange and the Sublime" in 'Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda' #1

T'Challa is in charge of a brand new team!

Black Panther has always been a valuable member of any team, but now he's hand-picked a brand new team to tackle the most unimaginable obstacles! In BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA #1 -- on sale Wednesday, September 18 -- T'Challa will be joined by some familiar faces and some less-familiar faces that he chose himself. As the king of the world's most technologically evolved nation, it's fair to say that T'Challa probably has some unique insight into the incredible. This new ongoing series by writer Jim Zub with art by Lan Medina and colors by Marcio Menyz spins directly from the events of Jason Aaron's AVENGERS series.

So, what kinds of challenges and enemies (or even general nuisances) will the Agents of Wakanda be put up against? In his introduction letter at the end of issue #1, Zub said "The Marvel Universe is a wonderfully warped creation, filled with crazy combinations and endless potential. I love playing in this sandbox, taking esoteric pieces from past stories and tilting them in a new direction or attaching new ideas to old engines and watching them roar to life."

BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA (2019) #1
    In his letter, Zub added: "BLACK PANTHER AND THE AGENTS OF WAKANDA is a celebration of the strange and the sublime. It's big action and big drama in the Mighty Marvel Manner."

The new team certainly appears to be ready for what Zub says is "Kirby-fueled Mission: Impossible in the Marvel Universe. It's over-the-top action and unexpected twists with a cast of characters pulled from strange places in Marvel Comics canon." T'Challa's Agents of Wakanda are General Okoye, Gorilla-Man, Ka-Zar, and Wasp, "a team of misfits and monsters tasked with defending humanity." But this kind of oddball, ragtag group "gives me the freedom to tell a huge range of stories—serious and sadistic, epic and emotional."

Zub, Medina, and Menyz definitely have big plans ahead for the Agents of Wakanda: "Our first arc is comprised of three missions, each two issues long. That gives us tight action-packed stories with a cliffhanger in the middle. These missions are easy to jump onto and perfect for old fans, lapsed readers, or people coming in cold who only know the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They all have quite different stakes and problems that need to be solved, in terms of both the threat they’re up against and how it affects the agents on that mission."

"In issue #1, a strange energy signal from middle-America turns a relatively routine scouting assignment into a pitched battle against horrifying creatures. Where they came from and who brought them here is a mystery that gets revealed in our cliffhanger, and I think that surprise will pique a lot of interest.

"In issue #3, a secret experiment run on the Moon comes to light and the repercussions of it will touch upon both recent and older Marvel stories in fun and unexpected ways."

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...mpression=true

Images from issue #1

Thanks KingNomarch, I was gonna post a link to MoS' question about AoW and Zub but you already have it posted.

Amandla.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    i've never liked how Alex draws T'challa
    Yeah, his T'Challa likes like some guy from a theater troupe in NYC auditioning for Cats.

All Ross' other work is top notch.

The Black Panther What if? T'Challa will be Star-Lord. One tweet mentioned that it'll be called Wakandans of The Wider Universe, could've been just a joke.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-23-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    The Black Panther What if? T'Challa will be Star-Lord. One tweet mentioned that it'll be called Wakandans of The Wider Universe, could've been just a joke.
    This is so fucking ridiculous that I want it. The Wakandan Space story we deserve.

I'm so hyped for this Zub is saying all the right things and this feels like what ultimates should of been.

As for Alex Ross BP, I think the face without the mask is fine but I don't like it looking like basic cloth designed habit. Doesn't do Wakandan tech justice