Page 694 of 744 FirstFirst ... 194594644684690691692693694695696697698704 ... LastLast
Results 10,396 to 10,410 of 11160
  1. #10396
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well it falls back to the "why don't you create your OWN stuff" argument that POC-mainly blacks get tossed at them.

    And what happens?
    Kwanza created Black and got death threats.
    Redjack created Mosaic and got X-Men fan trying to tell him what his book is suppose to be about and complaints about Marvel actually pushing it.
    Milestone caught heck lead by the fake woke community.
    Moongirl saw backlash.
    Motorcrush saw the book boycotted by stores over a black lesbian lead. Nevermind the creative team was New York Times best sellers.
    Duke Thomas took no one's place and saw backlash.

    Excluding Spawn, Luke, Panther, Static, Princeless, Goldie Vance, Moon Girl, Hardware & Quantum & Woody-your successful POC are legacies.

    We can find someone to write or greenight those legacies books but as we see with Vixen and Storm-no one wants to write them in their own solo books. DESPITE teh demand.
    Coates appears to want to write a Storm solo so why the frak, don't Marvel make his wish come true?
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-08-2019 at 10:08 AM.

  2. #10397
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Quoting all of the above because wisdom and insight like that needs to be shared. The real agenda, such as it is, is using fiction that should be helping people aspire to something greater and better as a tool to keep the boot on the collective neck of people who have been historically and presently marginalized, dehumanized, and brutalized by the existing power structure. Chaining the body is one thing, but psychological shackles are some whole other kind of beast.
    Quoting you for undeniable truth.

  3. #10398
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    would write STORM if asked but her fanbase would murder me.
    Why would they "murder" you?

  4. #10399
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Redjack you should write Storm like Spike Lee's She's Gotta Have It...


    Storm fans would love it and you forever and a day I pinky swear!





    Question: Why does Storm have far more confirmed love interests than Black Panther has ever had?


    (asking for a friend)
    Love interests?

    With the exception of Forge and maybe Yukio, the only real love interest she's had of substantive worth, was T'Challa.

    Other than that, alternate reality Namor, Dracula and boot knock Wolverine are hardly characters one would describe as love interests.

  5. #10400
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    would write STORM if asked but her fanbase would murder me.
    Can't be any worst than she is being treated in her own franchise.

  6. #10401
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Coates appears to write a Storm solo so why the frak, don't Marvel make his wish come true?
    I mean market wise we are seeing plenty of black female lead/colead books.

    Kickazz
    Livewire
    Dark Horse Aliens has had a black female lead/co-lead
    Far Sector
    Dark Horse put out another one that smells like something Coates would write.
    I think there might be 3-5 more whose names I forgot that are ongoing.

    I mean how worst can you do? Nothing is wrong with 12 issues. With her previous run that is 4 trades. Same as Riri. That is more than any black DC female. Vixen & Bumblebee are way more long suffering than Storm.

  7. #10402
    Incredible Member KingNomarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    616

    Default

    I feel like that they're not even trying with the rumors anymore. WGTC are now claiming Rhianna is being eyed for Princess Zanda.

    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ack-panther-2/

    I give it a few days before the same Twitter accounts and YouTube channels repeat the same thing.

  8. #10403
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Coates appears to want to write a Storm solo so why the frak, don't Marvel make his wish come true?
    He sure is making a hard pitch. Could be they just don't want him over in the X-verse.

  9. #10404
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    He sure is making a hard pitch. Could be they just don't want him over in the X-verse.
    Faux diversity reigns over there so I'm not suprised.

    The one good thing that's come out of Coates messing up the Black Panther solo, ie the fact that I'm now catching up with other books such as Miles Morales:Spiderman, MoonGirl & Devil Dinosaur and the recently concluded Iron Heart solo.

    I also decided to give the Nnedi Okorafor Shuri solo a read and found it enjoyable.

    So yeah, as long as there're other books to check out, it's not too bad.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-08-2019 at 12:12 PM.

  10. #10405
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Why would they "murder" you?
    because there are huge chunks of her backstory that i hate and would do my best to erase.
    because her being with T'Challa is something i've never liked and i'd put a stake through its heart.
    because she's never been truly defined as anything but noble, powerful and regal and therefore her fans have injected their own definitions of what she is and should be and would hate anyone who didn't bring them that. which i would not.

    it would be a kick-ass book but i'd strip all the mystical crap off and make her "just" a mutant.

    an Omega level, for sure, but no more than that. (and that is PLENTY by the way)

    i'd give her a cast of characters no one's ever met, including love interests that weren't anywhere near her mutant life or from Asgard or whatever.

    heroes need to be unique, stand on their own and have their own, SPECIFIC, enemies and journeys.

    storm's still basically a token. i'd make her a person which means a LOT of folks would be pissed at me.

  11. #10406
    Mighty Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    I feel like that they're not even trying with the rumors anymore. WGTC are now claiming Rhianna is being eyed for Princess Zanda.

    https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...ack-panther-2/

    I give it a few days before the same Twitter accounts and YouTube channels repeat the same thing.
    I'll only accept this if Rihanna speaks in Patois throughout the entire thing. And she should be the only one doing it. Don't even bother explaining why. Just do it.

    "Dem call me Princess Zanda. I wan sit pon ya throne, T'Challa."

  12. #10407
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    8,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    because there are huge chunks of her backstory that i hate and would do my best to erase.
    because her being with T'Challa is something i've never liked and i'd put a stake through its heart.
    because she's never been truly defined as anything but noble, powerful and regal and therefore her fans have injected their own definitions of what she is and should be and would hate anyone who didn't bring them that. which i would not.

    it would be a kick-ass book but i'd strip all the mystical crap off and make her "just" a mutant.
    an Omega level, for sure, but no more than that. (and that is PLENTY by the way)

    i'd give her a cast of characters no one's ever met, including love interests that weren't anywhere near her mutant life or from Asgard or whatever.
    heroes need to be unique, stand on their own and have their own, SPECIFIC, enemies and journeys.

    storm's still basically a token. i'd make her a person which means a LOT of folks would be pissed at me.
    Can you just take my money???

    That is the book I want.



    So yeah, as long as there're other books to check out, it's not too bad.
    And that is what folks don't get.... too many books are out there to settle for this. You can't put crap out and NOT expect your competition to settle.

    Vault Comics is not playing. Image's Prodigy is the stealth Black Panther/Mr Terrific book we all need now.

  13. #10408
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    10,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    because there are huge chunks of her backstory that i hate and would do my best to erase.
    because her being with T'Challa is something i've never liked and i'd put a stake through its heart.
    because she's never been truly defined as anything but noble, powerful and regal and therefore her fans have injected their own definitions of what she is and should be and would hate anyone who didn't bring them that. which i would not.

    it would be a kick-ass book but i'd strip all the mystical crap off and make her "just" a mutant.

    an Omega level, for sure, but no more than that. (and that is PLENTY by the way)

    i'd give her a cast of characters no one's ever met, including love interests that weren't anywhere near her mutant life or from Asgard or whatever.

    heroes need to be unique, stand on their own and have their own, SPECIFIC, enemies and journeys.

    storm's still basically a token. i'd make her a person which means a LOT of folks would be pissed at me.
    The bold is what T'Challa used to suffer from, "Noble Negro Syndrome". They'd always drop some "honorable bs" about BP that would prevent him from getting his hands dirty. He's "too honorable" to do such a thing.

    Storm is definitely a token character in X-world and too many people are happy with it like you said. As long as she is there to represent the 1% diversity quota, pose and shoot lightning a lot of people are content.

    I agree with everything that you would do.

  14. #10409
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    because there are huge chunks of her backstory that i hate and would do my best to erase.
    because her being with T'Challa is something i've never liked and i'd put a stake through its heart.
    because she's never been truly defined as anything but noble, powerful and regal and therefore her fans have injected their own definitions of what she is and should be and would hate anyone who didn't bring them that. which i would not.

    it would be a kick-ass book but i'd strip all the mystical crap off and make her "just" a mutant.

    an Omega level, for sure, but no more than that. (and that is PLENTY by the way)

    i'd give her a cast of characters no one's ever met, including love interests that weren't anywhere near her mutant life or from Asgard or whatever.

    heroes need to be unique, stand on their own and have their own, SPECIFIC, enemies and journeys.

    storm's still basically a token. i'd make her a person which means a LOT of folks would be pissed at me.
    I actually liked Ororo and T'Challa together as envisioned by Reginald Hudlin and Dwayne McDuffy and as it's part of their shared history, I'd be somewhat perturbed if as you say, you'd put a stake through one of the central aspects of the storyline that Hudlin wrote.

    Other than that, I'm confident that you'd put in stellar work on a Storm solo.

  15. #10410
    Mighty Member Redjack's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lost Angles
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I actually liked Ororo and T'Challa together as envisioned by Reginald Hudlin and Dwayne McDuffy and as it's part of their shared history, I'd be somewhat perturbed if as you say, you'd put a stake through one of the central aspects of the storyline that Hudlin wrote.

    Other than that, I'm confident that you'd put in stellar work on a Storm solo.
    it's basically the only thing from Reggie's run that I didn't like. I've never liked it. Africa is insanely huge. The odds of these two people crossing paths as teenagers? Well, that's a hard pass for me. They've got pretty much nothing in common beyond being Marvel's most prominent black heroes.


    Also, it diminished both of them for the reasons i said. It's like pairing up batman with wonder woman. it worked in the JLU cartoon because, in that universe, there was no solo adventure series for either of them. But Diana needs her own everything, as does Bruce as does T'Challa as does Ororo.

    Folding them together that way doesn't enhance anything. It cuts them both in half, story-wise. Now that it's canon, I'll buy her as an ex, but that's the end of it. Old friends who tried it on and failed. She's got some deeper insight into him than most (and he does her as well) but, romance?

    nope. hard pass.

    give both of them their own paramours from their own stories.

    IMO
    Last edited by Redjack; 12-08-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •