Page 294 of 744 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Apparently, those are the "King's Guard". Which seem a bit redundant with the DM around, but I suppose T'Challa's cousins have to go somewhere.
    Head canon once again

Dora guard the royals

King's Guard are security for the palace

Seems to make sense that way.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    In the movies they were not a tribe but were more like an sacred/prestigious order. In the comics, while they do seem to have some authority over the Jabari lands and are developing a community/society, I still would not consider them a tribe just yet.
    Yeah, I don't think in the comics you can really consider the Doras a tribe either. The Jabari land may have all the Doras (minus Okoye), but it's not JUST Dora. Plenty non-Dora victims they saved seemed to live there, along with anyone there they didn't kill or run off. It just happens to have Doras helping to run it. So the Doras might consider themselves a part of that tribe now, but it's not a Dora tribe.

I do wonder if the idea isn't to sort of evolve them into a sort of amazon tribe of sorts though. There are some parallesl between Doras and Amazons.

The only reason I count them as a "tribe" is that they have their own distinctive color scheme which differentiates them from the others. With one tiny exception (a decoration on their harnesses) their uniforms do not reflect the tribes of their birth.

(And I was talking about the movies, not the comics.)

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Head canon once again

Dora guard the royals

King's Guard are security for the palace

Seems to make sense that way.
    With the notable exception that the King's Guard does not, in fact, guard the king.

With the notable exception that the King's Guard does not, in fact, guard the king.
    LOL

Also a big difference... the Dora's, aka Okoye, also had a seat at the tribal council. I don't believe any Kingsguard did from memory.

Okoye was also called "general" right?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Who knows maybe will see the Hatut Zareaz in the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Okoye was also called "general" right?
    Yes, I believe she's in charge of the entirety of the Wakandan military, not just the DM.

I'm starting to think of the King's Guard as something like the Yeoman Warders of the Tower Of London, or the Vatican's Swiss Guard. An honor guard who wear traditional outfits, but are still trained soldiers.

I'd say the closest parallel to the Doras might be the US Secret Service. Guys in gold might be the equivalent of the Marines Sentries who guard the white house.

I think they are probably these guys with the gold breastplates in the throne room scenes.

They look even more ceremonial than the DM.

"Knowing how to fight in a tribal challenge" != "Trained soldier". Challenges have rules... war doesn't.
    Warriors aren't necessarily soldiers.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I hope for this in the sequel. With them using their cloaking technology.

I assumed the War Dogs we saw in the Black Panther movie were the Hatut Zareaz.

War Dogs and Dogs of War are pretty close.

Apparently, those are the "King's Guard". Which seem a bit redundant with the DM around, but I suppose T'Challa's cousins have to go somewhere.
    Maybe the king's guard is a larger sect then the DM. So they aren't an elite force like the DM would be my guess

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The bulk of the fighting force we saw in the Battle of Wakanda was the King's Guard, the guys in the purple and gold armour wielding the sonic cannon spears and the big shields. The Border tribe warriors, the Dora Milaje and the Jabari tribe warriors were smaller parts of the total fighting force.

I'm gonna assume the King's Guard seeing the way they were positioned throughout the Golden city were in charge of its protection. They're appointed by the royal family to protect the palace and the golden city. The Dora Milaje protect the king, which is why they're the ones that travel with him (as we saw with both T'Chaka and T'Challa). The Border tribe warriors are self explanatory.

I'm also gonna assume the canon reason we didn't see the War Dogs (AKA the MCU version of the Hatut) in the battle was because they are worldwide stationed spies and Wakanda didn't have the time to start extracting all of them, including Nakia. And perhaps the real reason was that Lupita wasn't available.

I also think the way the battle was done depended on what the Russos knew about MCU Wakanda, and considering that both BP and IW were being produced very close together and Coogler was solely in charge of BP, he probably hadn't developed what he thought Wakanda going to war would be like outside of what we saw in the final battle of BP, and the Russo's just used that and increased the number of warriors in the BP fight with CGI. I'm pretty sure the fighter jets were a last minute CGI addition (which is why they were barely seen) and the war rhinos weren't even used. It wouldn't surprise me if Coogler wants to depict Wakanda going to war would possibly do more than what was shown in IW, but since his first movie wasn't about that, he didn't need to develop it at that point.

In hindsight the battle feels rushed and without weight. The film isn't about Wakanda, but some Avengers show up and pretty much force the entire nation to engage in battle, which they haven't done for centuries. We never get to see how the other Wakandans or the tribal elders feel about it, and aside from M'Baku's one comment it feels everyone just accepted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

In hindsight the battle feels rushed and without weight. The film isn't about Wakanda, but some Avengers show up and pretty much force the entire nation to engage in battle, which they haven't done for centuries. We never get to see how the other Wakandans or the tribal elders feel about it, and aside from M'Baku's one comment it feels everyone just accepted it.
    TBF, maybe they didn't accept it.

Kingsguard are controlled by T'challa. Doras are controlled by T'challa. All the border tribe that turned on T'challa are likely locked up, he would only have loyalists left. And M'baku was asked to come, not ordered. He came because T'challa asked.

the other tribes may have very well said no.

(headcanon of course, we will never know unless BP2 addresses it).

But, also, it is a monarchy. There job is basically to accept what they are told. The council is nothing more than group of people ot bounce ideas off of. They didn't seem to have much control over anything in the few throne room scenes we got.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I hope for this in the sequel. With them using their cloaking technology.
    If the sequel goes were I think it should (and hope) it does, the could be a neat addition. Though I'm not too sure how to use them in the kind of context that would get to see them don their iconic white suits. They could be compared to the SHIELD agents in the MCU, so it's to find a comparable situation were those guys show up and do something, because the War Dogs don't really matter that much as it is aside from Nakia being the one we do know.

Using them the way the comics actually did initially is also hard because they engaged in methods T'Challa didn't approve of (things like torture) and he disbanded them. But they've been reformed to soldiers and just being spies in the MCU.

Maybe as an easter egg we could see Nakia don a white suit with cloaking tech during a spy mission in the sequel. I'd be really interested in seeing them though and how the MCU does translate their suits. Afrofuturism meets Splinter Cell would be my take. A sleek white or grey suit with light armour plates similar to this with different military-esque pouches attached, and an African war mask inspired cowl with the Splinter Cell inspired goggles.