Page 427 of 744 FirstFirst ... 327377417423424425426427428429430431437477527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Cant wait for them to get back to Earth. This should be good. Art is on point too.
    I'll be interesting to see what makes it back to earth. I'm assuming the villain at least does which should be cool. T'Challa could use a few higher end meta's in his rogues gallery. Hopefully the symbiote at least sticks around.

Plus, marvel seems to be building up to some sort of big symbiote story so maybe this can tie into that a bit.

The one benefit I can see of bringing Namor in is that introducing additional MCU nations means you can elevate the general threat level without having to repeatedly go to the well of universal threats.

Also, if they have all these super nations pop up it serves as a good into for mutants. Everyone will be on edge if there is a "superhuman arms race" and then all of a sudden mutants start popping up in the general population at any time.

It would be a majorly destabilizing effect, especially in a superpowered cold war. Governments would try to round them up for conscription, elimination, or study. People would be afraid of them popping up in their kids schools, etc.

It would actually make the idea of mutants make sense in the context of the MCU.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Because Namor potentially is a viable IP in his own right, I honestly doubt if he were used he would die or be a PURE villain. Not that I don't think he couldn't or wouldn't be an antagonist first time we see him... but like Bucky and Loki I think down the line he would evolve into an anti hero.

Like BP, Namor has ties to the FF, the X-Men and the Avengers making him a very usable character. He can also be potentially used in some version of the Illuminati if they ever wanna go the MCU kings route. Or even if they want to try and retcon some sort of Invaders story into the MCU past. And given Aquaman made over a billion bucks, a solo Namor film potentially could be nice summer blockbuster if they are allowed to.

I wouldn't necessarily expect him to be in a BP film, but I'm sure he'll show up somewhere. And he'll probably end up showing up in a lot of places.
    Yea, he has a lot of connections everywhere so I doubt they'll make him irredeemably bad or use him as a one off villain. If he truly ends up being a villain introduced in BP though, the only thing I really need to see is him losing to T'Challa. Everything else as to how he fits in is more a problem for the broader MCU, not the BP franchise specifically. But I do like his character, and like every character that gets introduced in the MCU, I hope that he gets a solid depiction and great character arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    God forbid I drop off a preview for Black Panther in the Black Panther thread when I realized it hadn’t been posted yet for y’all to see. Keep forgetting we are personas non grata in this thread because of some butt hurt, hotep sounding fanboys. My bad.
    Unless you have two accounts, he wasn't talking about the preview

Someone who enjoys trying to rile up the thread posted a fan cast MCU storm picture.

Slow with the victim complex a bit there.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    God forbid I drop off a preview for Black Panther in the Black Panther thread when I realized it hadn’t been posted yet for y’all to see. Keep forgetting we are personas non grata in this thread because of some butt hurt, hotep sounding fanboys. My bad.
    Chill with throwing hotep accusations around lol. I wasn't talking about that. Posting news about an actress saying she wants to play Storm is just not relevant here, especially when said post didn't mention BP in her tweet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    The one benefit I can see of bringing Namor in is that introducing additional MCU nations means you can elevate the general threat level without having to repeatedly go to the well of universal threats.

Also, if they have all these super nations pop up it serves as a good into for mutants. Everyone will be on edge if there is a "superhuman arms race" and then all of a sudden mutants start popping up in the general population at any time.

It would be a majorly destabilizing effect, especially in a superpowered cold war. Governments would try to round them up for conscription, elimination, or study. People would be afraid of them popping up in their kids schools, etc.

It would actually make the idea of mutants make sense in the context of the MCU.
    Yea I think the next big MCU saga will be a bit of a step down from the Infinity Gauntlet in terms of scale. Superpowered nations and mutants completely change the landscape and there's all types of big stories that can be mined there without having to default to another cosmic tyrant with universal ambitions. At best I think we'll get something like Secret Invasion and maybe a reworked Kang, which have unique qualities and story beats that viewers haven't seen before.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

These are all good ideas actually. The problem is how does this benefit BP? We have to be selfish lol. I don't see why BP has to be the jumpoff point for other franchises when they can just start them with their own films?

Yeah, the meta human arms race thing, especially with the introduction of mutants, I think would definately make for a cool premise in the MCU. I think it almost makes for a scenario whether governments would want to weaponize mutants rather than flat out kill them. Or at least that's what I would do if I were an evil government.

And adding other kingdoms also potentially creates an opportunity to do some sort of Illuminati or marvel kings thing. We have Black Bolt and Valkyrie presently, and I think Black Bolt is around somewhere (not sure what his status quo is as I've never seen the Inhumans show because it frankly looked terrible). Adding Namor and Doom, and maybe Magneto as some sort of mutant king or the Eternals could make for an interesting concept to play with.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    These are all good ideas actually. The problem is how does this benefit BP? We have to be selfish lol. I don't see why BP has to be the jumpoff point for other franchises when they can just start them with their own films?
    1. Wakanda gets established as a major power by both introducing Atlantis to the world stage and beating it in a pitched battle (BP2)
    2. Wakanda further asserts itself on the world stage by being one of only a few countries to provide support to the mutant cause (X-Men films/throwaway line in BP2 if Storm's introduced)
    3. BP (as he does in the comics) establishes a group of influential leaders like Reed, Namor, and Professor X to stop the Incursions (future Avengers film with T'Challa as leader)

All of that is free tech feats and political points for BP so more superpowered nations and struggling mutants could raise the relevance of the franchise and integrate it into the MCU further lol.

BP himself (along with Spider-Man) used the Captain America franchise as a jump off point. It didn't hurt Captain America one bit, but I think it helped the BP and Spider-Man movies by not forcing them to spend too much time introducing the character. I think it's an economical way to do things if you can do it well (which Civil War did).

And if you're going to do any sort of larger political stories involving various nations, you want Wakanda and BP involved. It's the perfect story to tell with them. I think being left out of that would actually hurt BP and Wakanda more than being involved in it, because it's potentially a big MCU wide event story. Potentially.

These are all good ideas actually. The problem is how does this benefit BP? We have to be selfish lol
    This x10000

BP2 being a great movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> setting up anything at all.

Hence why I want Namor as a villain only. I don't need precious screen time being wasted on making Namor and Atlantis some sympathetic thing that needs to be saved so he can be used in other movies.

I want T'challa, Okoye, M'baku, Shuri and the BP cast given more screen time. Not wasted Namor so can show up in Dr. Strange 3 or some ****.

If they really want to introduce Atlantis or Namor in some way, use Attuma or Tiger Shark or some blue atlantean dude as a throw away mercenary hired to take T'challa out while he is on some UN tour. Have Achebe be the one trying to cause international turmoil by using an atlantean.

you get your quick tease that Atlantis exists (you can even have Namor pop up on screen ot deny their involvement), get a cool action scene, but still usin ga BP villain and moving on.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    1. Wakanda gets established as a major power by both introducing Atlantis to the world stage and beating it in a pitched battle (BP2)
    2. Wakanda further asserts itself on the world stage by being one of only a few countries to provide support to the mutant cause (X-Men films/throwaway line in BP2 if Storm's introduced)
    3. BP (as he does in the comics) establishes a group of influential leaders like Reed, Namor, and Professor X to stop the Incursions (future Avengers film with T'Challa as leader)

All of that is free tech feats and political points for BP so more superpowered nations and struggling mutants could raise the relevance of the franchise and integrate it into the MCU further lol.
    Plus it cements BP as the "Iron Man" of the next Saga.

All of the movies in way or another tie into Iron Man or Captain America's stories. It looks like they may be trying to position Dr. Strange there with the Multiverse, but if they do some sort of superhuman arms race then Wakanda and BP make perfect sense as the lynchpin.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    This x10000

BP2 being a great movie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> setting up anything at all.

Hence why I want Namor as a villain only. I don't need precious screen time being wasted on making Namor and Atlantis some sympathetic thing that needs to be saved so he can be used in other movies.

I want T'challa, Okoye, M'baku, Shuri and the BP cast given more screen time. Not wasted Namor so can show up in Dr. Strange 3 or some ****.

If they really want to introduce Atlantis or Namor in some way, use Attuma or Tiger Shark or some blue atlantean dude as a throw away mercenary hired to take T'challa out while he is on some UN tour. Have Achebe be the one trying to cause international turmoil by using an atlantean.

you get your quick tease that Atlantis exists (you can even have Namor pop up on screen ot deny their involvement), get a cool action scene, but still usin ga BP villain and moving on.
    The Winter Soldier proved you can do both.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Unless you have two accounts, he wasn't talking about the preview

Someone who enjoys trying to rile up the thread posted a fan cast MCU storm picture.

Slow with the victim complex a bit there.
    Chill with throwing hotep accusations around lol. I wasn't talking about that. Posting news about an actress saying she wants to play Storm is just not relevant here, especially when said post didn't mention BP in her tweet.
    Look what I won’t claim to do is know the intentions of other posters. If that was intentionally posted with the purpose of riling things up then that’s not cool. But how is the tweet not related to Black Panther... when she’s specifically trying to get the role for BP2. She tagged Ryan Coogler and Kevin Feige. Is there a Black Panther movie thread that it should be talked about in instead? If not, I don’t see how it’s completely unrelated. When people like kyss, myself and a few others come in here to share things in regards to T’challa and Ororo, the reflection always seems to be in some part “don’t talk about Storm here she’s not relevant to BP”. Which is wild because like... she’s literally one of the main characters in his book right now. So to me it just seems like unwarranted and nonsensical Storm aggression, which as a fan of both characters just doesn’t make sense to me. I’m never comin in here trying to shade or disrespect anybody and I know most Storm fans aren’t either. And yet most comments by us are met with eye rolls, “ignore them”s, or “Storm shouldn’t be discussed here”. Just seems strange when we are literally just trying to discuss what’s going on in your own character’s book right now? In any case, those are just my 2 cents and feel free not to respond because my intention was not to start a debate or side track the thread. By no means, is this specific to all of you too, I know a good few who are welcoming and also participate in the Storm thread during our many open discussions about BP.

Astonishing Member

Plus it cements BP as the "Iron Man" of the next Saga.

All of the movies in way or another tie into Iron Man or Captain America's stories. It looks like they may be trying to position Dr. Strange there with the Multiverse, but if they do some sort of superhuman arms race then Wakanda and BP make perfect sense as the lynchpin.
    Agreed. If T'Challa dies in a future movie I want him to get what Iron Man got at the end of Endgame, not Black Widow (RIP tho). You don't get a grand send off unless you're actually meaningful to the broader universe and have a thing that made you definitive. Iron Man made modern SHIELD and was the one to usher in the era of superheroes. T'Challa can be the hero that guides Earth as it enters the era of mutants/Inhumans, superpowered nations, and the technological arms races that surround them.

Simply put, every major hero needs their thing. All the MCU's magical stories will somehow involve Doctor Strange. Cosmic stuff is where Captain Marvel will be the leader. If T'Challa is supposed to stand alongside them as pillars of the hero community, he should be the pointman on the superpowered politics impacting the entire globe. He should be managing relations between Atlantis and the surface, making treaties against trafficking in Latverian tech, setting up peace agreements in Niganda, helping fund the X-Men, etc.
    Last edited by chief12d; 07-26-2019 at 09:12 AM.