Page 686 of 744 FirstFirst ... 186586636676682683684685686687688689690696736 ... LastLast
Results 10,276 to 10,290 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Are you insinuating that Kathleen Kennedy and Coates are doing the same thing?

It's Stillmatic
    No I'm pointing out the irony that (outside of this forum and a few other places) a lot of people don't like how T'Challa was portrayed in the film, don't like that it tried to be more than just silly action, don't like it had more "mood scenes", didn't find the action exciting enough, didn't like there was so much character moments...

Last Jedi/Black Panther received a lot of hate backlash for being "woke IP films" The hate went overboard.

The irony now is the same is happening with the comic world here, but yet here people dismiss such hatred that comes at the film.

And its The Blueprint too
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 12-02-2019 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Remove Last Jedi and replace it with Black Panther and it reads like a lot of youtube, twitter complaints

Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?

The same complaints you dump on Coates about...well those are some of the same complaints that detractors have about the film.

There's far more anti-woke culture than woke culture.
    If that's the best rebuttal you can come up with, more receipts are required.

None of the posters (myself included) who've pointed out the fundamental flaws in Coates approach to the BP mythos are obligated to check our common sense or comprehension skills at the door in service of praising his work on BP just off of the strength of his non-fiction work.

No BP writer has been accorded that measure of blind support at any point in any of this threads incarnations, so I see ZERO reason why Coates, the sole writer responsible for the sustained dismantling of the BP mythos post Hickman's Secret wars II, should not be subject to a similar level of scrutiny on the part of readers.

His being some kind of recognizable literary individual of African-American heritage has ZERO relevance whatsoever.

Lethal Injection: Ice Cube all up in this mutha...
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-02-2019 at 04:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    What "proven good story" are you talking about?

Hopefully not Doomwar, the Black Panther event in name only?

On a super serious level frak Doom appearing in BP2 or any other Black Panther centered cinematic project.

As I stated in a previous post, Doom didn't get to icon status by accident. A successive plethora of writers wrote Doom to rockstar status.

There's no reason why villains from the BP mythos shouldn't be revamped for usage within the Black Panther cinematic landscape.

Let Doom get his big cinematic launch via a Fantastic Four movie.
    I went back in time and found one of my previous posts as regards someone's suggestion that Doom should be all up in BP2.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Look, all I want for the sequel is for it to carry on with the themes and ideas of the first film. The first film asked questions that I fans have asked before, or casual readers haven't asked. That is: where was Wakanda when Africa was being enslaved, and when segregation and racial injustice was running rampant all around the world? It's a tough question that doesn't have an easy answer, but Coogler asked that question anyway because it should.

Wakanda is an anti-colonialist statement, an African utopia, but I don't think there should be any denying that they were isolationist, nationalist and xenophobic. The dream of Wakanda wasn't shared throughout all of Africa. I think Coogler celebrated Wakanda for what it is (you can tell by how he shot it, the costumes, sets, music, characters, etc.), but he criticised it also. Wakanda helping the rest of the world/Africa isn't something that has been fully explored or realised in the comics. It's barely touched upon, and I want the sequel to go there because that's the only direction that makes sense with what has been set up, and it's just the right kind of story to tell right now.

Coogler's film ends with Wakanda reaching out to the world, yet the idea of Wakanda took our own world by storm. The way Black Panther arrested pop culture last year is not something I saw coming and that should play into the sequel. Imagine seeing that not only is Wakanda trying to help the rest of the world by sharing their resources, but parts of their culture have been adopted by several parts of the world. Their food, their clothing, architecture, technology, music, sports, politics, economics. Let's see T'Challa graffiti, Wakandan Expos, inspired jewelry and fashion, documentaries, interviews all around the world.

I want to see T'Challa brokering peace between two nations at war. I want to see Shuri speaking an expo, demonstrating new tech. I want to see Nakia in an outreach centre with little kids, then her and T'Challa go on some spy **** in the night to end a human trafficking ring. I want to see T'Challa being interviewed on CNN. I want to see Okoye helping refugees. For Bast sake, I want Wakanda to actually feel like it's the big thing, like it has really changed the world, like it really matters. Not like how it is in the comics, where it's so secretive and matters once in a while.

There's so much story potential you can get out of that. I don't understand why someone would see that and then ask for Namor or Doom instead. Namor is boring. A war with Atlantis (which I should add, would have lost half of their population and suddenly gotten it back which would be a huge problem for them) would be boring. What's the appeal of that story? Doom and T'Challa's most notable story is Doomwar, a story about how a white(?) man wants to steal resources from an African nation and 'earns' the right to do just that. No. F*cking. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    My brother works for Disney perhaps I can send his toxic masculine @$$ down the hall and confirm these Black Panther rumors and also work off all that Thanksgiving turkey he ate at my house...

Note: My brother looks nothing like Blade but he was one heck of an athlete back in the day... Pretty MF!

Doom... Namor... If you are part of the greater Marvel universe it's a shared enterprise and just like Captain America: Civil War your franchise can be used to launch other intellectual property regardless of how fans feel about it!

Black Panther jacked the narrative in Civil War and then went on to 1.3 Billion Dollars so if Doom or the Fantastic Four need an assist into the MCU after what happened with their other 3 Fox produced movies then so be it!

Fox lost two Johnny Storms to the MCU in Chris Evans and Michael B. Jordan so be a good sport and give to the needy...

I don't see Coogler doing a Doomwar in the same way that Mayberry did because long winded pyrrhic victory speeches are not the MCU way these days!

Thanos got his comeuppance in the end so Doom could get bodied for his transactions or be a recurring sidekick type like Loki popping up every now and then!

Besides, what could be worse than Killmonger beating you down in front of your girl, your moms, your sister, your best friend, your peeps and then tossing you off a waterfall like discarded trash?
    Thing is cap CW abd to a lesser extent Thor Ragnarok, those were the final movie's in the trilogy abd they didn't start their franchise off and star in movies all grossing 1 Billy. So yes BP can jump start franchises, but his movies but his doesn't make sense to do because he has an entire country to explore

Secret Empire in BP2.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Remove Last Jedi and replace it with Black Panther and it reads like a lot of youtube, twitter complaints

Is it Oochie Wally Wally or is it One Mic?

The same complaints you dump on Coates about...well those are some of the same complaints that detractors have about the film.

There's far more anti-woke culture than woke culture.

Maybe...its just something different. Not bad, maybe not for you (at this moment).
    No not the same at all. The complaints about BP were outlandish, because BP was a good movie through and through not just a good superhero movie but a good movie in all aspects. There's a reason it is an Oscar winner and a multitude of record breaking, cultural juggernaut.

Yet just like tws, TDK and aby other great movie, there are those who will not like it.

Coates series abd TLJ do not fall into that category of BP
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-02-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Look, all I want for the sequel is for it to carry on with the themes and ideas of the first film. The first film asked questions that I fans have asked before, or casual readers haven't asked. That is: where was Wakanda when Africa was being enslaved, and when segregation and racial injustice was running rampant all around the world? It's a tough question that doesn't have an easy answer, but Coogler asked that question anyway because it should.

I want to see T'Challa brokering peace between two nations at war. I want to see Shuri speaking an expo, demonstrating new tech. I want to see Nakia in an outreach centre with little kids, then her and T'Challa go on some spy **** in the night to end a human trafficking ring. I want to see T'Challa being interviewed on CNN. I want to see Okoye helping refugees. For Bast sake, I want Wakanda to actually feel like it's the big thing, like it has really changed the world, like it really matters. Not like how it is in the comics, where it's so secretive and matters once in a while.
    Kwanza Osajyefo got death threats over a question like that in his book lead by the fake woke gator community. A question that was actually answered in the book. And it made sense for that book.

It might not here. But here it goes.

What would you do if you discovered theses black folks with that metal?
    All know that they are BLACK & somewhere in Africa. Two things would happen-

Lets say this happen during 1700-1800s before Civil War-how fast do African tribes get WIPED OUT? You know the ones who can't hide behind a shield.
    Now lets move up to the post Civil War-they show up again in America-how fast do free black slaves get wiped out?
    Now lets move to World War 2 and they show up-how fast does that nuke that took out Japan hits Africa? Missing Wakanda but taking out the Congo?

Oh and lets not forget all the RESOURCES like Diamonds that are in Africa. You wipe out the Africans-the French, Japan and whoever else would set up camp there.

In other words what do you risk and lose by coming out?

Now there is NOTHING to prevent Wakanda from working behind the scenes.
    What if the Hidden Figures ladies were Wakandan? John Henry? The original Lone Ranger? Harriet Tubman, Ida B Wells? Obama?

Also you have to ask-if they came out-who would hurt them MORE-racists whites or fellow blacks?
    Because understand despite all that mess-you had blacks that benefited.

How many black folks have gotten power walking over the dead bodies of their fellow black man? Or selling black misery?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Kwanza Osajyefo got death threats over a question like that in his book lead by the fake woke gator community. A question that was actually answered in the book. And it made sense for that book.

Lets say this happen during 1700-1800s before Civil War-how fast do African tribes get WIPED OUT? You know the ones who can't hide behind a shield.
    Now lets move up to the post Civil War-they show up again in America-how fast do free black slaves get wiped out?
    Now lets move to World War 2 and they show up-how fast does that nuke that took out Japan hits Africa? Missing Wakanda but taking out the Congo?

Oh and lets not forget all the RESOURCES like Diamonds that are in Africa. You wipe out the Africans-the French, Japan and whoever else would set up camp there.

What if the Hidden Figures ladies were Wakandan? John Henry? The original Lone Ranger? Harriet Tubman, Ida B Wells? Obama?

Also you have to ask-if they came out-who would hurt them MORE-racists whites or fellow blacks?

How many black folks have gotten power walking over the dead bodies of their fellow black man? Or selling black misery?
    Reminds me of the saying, which I most recently heard in last week's episode of Black Lightning, "All skinfolk ain't kinfolk."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wakanda is an anti-colonialist statement, an African utopia, but I don't think there should be any denying that they were isolationist, nationalist and xenophobic. The dream of Wakanda wasn't shared throughout all of Africa. I think Coogler celebrated Wakanda for what it is (you can tell by how he shot it, the costumes, sets, music, characters, etc.), but he criticised it also. Wakanda helping the rest of the world/Africa isn't something that has been fully explored or realised in the comics. It's barely touched upon, and I want the sequel to go there because that's the only direction that makes sense with what has been set up, and it's just the right kind of story to tell right now.

Coogler's film ends with Wakanda reaching out to the world, yet the idea of Wakanda took our own world by storm. The way Black Panther arrested pop culture last year is not something I saw coming and that should play into the sequel. Imagine seeing that not only is Wakanda trying to help the rest of the world by sharing their resources, but parts of their culture have been adopted by several parts of the world. Their food, their clothing, architecture, technology, music, sports, politics, economics. Let's see T'Challa graffiti, Wakandan Expos, inspired jewelry and fashion, documentaries, interviews all around the world.

There's so much story potential you can get out of that. I don't understand why someone would see that and then ask for Namor or Doom instead. Namor is boring. A war with Atlantis (which I should add, would have lost half of their population and suddenly gotten it back which would be a huge problem for them) would be boring. What's the appeal of that story? Doom and T'Challa's most notable story is Doomwar, a story about how a white(?) man wants to steal resources from an African nation and 'earns' the right to do just that. No. F*cking. Thanks.

I am still banking on Achebe
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 12-02-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This. So much this. Could you imagine? Jist looked thebend of Avengers when they showed the crowds loving them getting tattoos and the like? That would be a really awesome angle and it would feel so real too, like this really is the world outside of our window that we all get to experience. In our world and the MCU

I would imagine the appeal of having guys like Namor and Doom in a BP movie is the fact that they are all kings. You can do political stories which are still super hero stories when you have him interact with characters like them or even Black Bolt or whatever.

Priest back in the day planted the seeds of the marvel kings interacting behind the scenes, but he really didn't do a whole lot with it. Maybe we can see more of that on the MCU side of things. Maybe.

No matter what it is 2023 Post Snap and the MCU has to pick up where they left off as did Spiderman Far From Home!

Marvel is always a shared universe in comics, video games and movies... Black Panther debuted in FF #52 and may be needed to return that favor!

The only way to completely avoid interference from other intellectual property would be to get bought out by BET (Black Entertainment Television) and keep everything strictly pro-black and segregated!

If I'm Mickey "Mouse" Mouse I'm definitely keeping a whole lot of what makes Wakanda great but just as he has benefited from the existence of other characters at given points in time you can't be xenophobicly selfish and hog all the wealth!

If Shuri (Ironheart) aint helping Pepper Potts and Morgan out with some tech that's disrespectful to the memory of Tony Stark who helped bring all of them back from oblivion!

At some point T'challa if he is still king has to address Okoye working so specifically with Black Widow for five years and how to manage that void going forward!

Some Wakandans will be required to pitch in however they can to help straighten world politics out not to mention if the Sokovia Accords still apply!

If Doom and Namor are in Black Panther 2 they are still guests that technically would be a flipped from way back when Black Panther needed to guest star in other comic books to remain relevant!

Black Panther is now daddy of the MCU and gets the big piece of chicken while Namor and Doom have yet to prove that they are solo worth 1.3 Billion Dollars!

Besides... What story of Doom carries even a fraction of the weight of Thanos wiping out half of the universe's population!

At best Doom could be a glorified Moses Magnum in BP 2 and maybe regulated to an end credit scene for an Avengers 5 all out assault!

What makes Wakanda unique is it's place within the Marvel universe and how they interact with the other heroes and team-ups!

Upstate New York is very grateful for Wakandan warships helping defeat Thanos' army while the re-snapped Marines were getting their gear ready back at Parris Island!

You can't put that rabbit back in the hat and keep a straight face...

"On Your Left" is an Avenger and he needs to assemble... YIBAMBE!!!

Stan 'The Man' Lee: "Excelsior!!!"
    Get Hectic!

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

The thing is people ask why Wakanda didn't come in and just repeal all hostile forces against Africa and the diaspora by themselves. It's a complicated thing. I believe Hudlin covered it well in his annual. Also they are a small African country.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I'm not sure I understand everything here but I did say the question was a tough one. But all I'm saying is that Wakanda did nothing, and the fact that they did nothing has barely been a topic in the comics. Personally, I think the whole "Wakanda is isolationist and xenophobic and they're so cool" thing hasn't aged well. It was cool for some decades, I admit. I initially liked Black Panther and Wakanda because of that. But it just doesn't feel right anymore, at least to me. I'm just tired of that angle. Even if other nations don't want their help, let them at least try.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

I am still banking on Achebe
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    This. So much this. Could you imagine? Jist looked thebend of Avengers when they showed the crowds loving them getting tattoos and the like? That would be a really awesome angle and it would feel so real too, like this really is the world outside of our window that we all get to experience. In our world and the MCU
    I think Achebe is the one villain that could work best in this context as far as I know. Maybe just retool his origin a little bit. But seriously, there's so much more interesting stuff to do with Black Panther in the MCU than making him fight another monarch for two hours. I mean, I'm not that against the idea of T'Challa kicking Atlantean or Doombot ass. I'd really like to see T'Challa fight enemies stronger than regular humans. But I can't just see it being that interesting of a story for where the character and his nation are right now.

Imagine the sequel starting off taking place immediately where the first film left off. T'Challa's still at the UN. The speaker guy asks him what Wakanda can offer the rest of the world as a nation of farmers. Audience gasps and murmurs. T'Chaka gives a knowing chuckle and says: "Well if you will like to find out, please follow me outside." He and his entourage walk off the podium. Ross gets a phone call with someone asking him what the hell is going on. T'Challa leads the representatives to multiple Wakandan aircrafts that decloak themselves. He tells them to get onboard so they can see the real Wakanda. They're fly off, with everyone on board confused and bewildered. Nakia takes T'Challa's hand and both of them smile off to the sun. Two hours later they fly right into the Golden City. Cut to the present and we get a quick montage like a trailer for a documentary about how Wakanda's revelation will shape this new decade. We see some of the stuff I described in the earlier post and a lot more. Shots of T'Challa walking around like President Obama meets Tony Stark meets Nelson Mandela.

Seriously I don't get how people can't see that potential to tell such a different, great and affecting story, or they can and just want to see that potential be literally destroyed.