Page 119 of 744 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169219619 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Coates got rid of the Dora milaje (a cool name) in favor of a lamer name midnight angels, and torpedoed his pet Characters and then let gay abd Nnedi utterly destroy them.

Fact is, Like the HZ, they can either be high tier redshirts or they can actually become something. Okoye is the key for the Dora's. Hunter or Akili or Kasper is the key for the HZ, or maybe Nunakia is who knows. But I think Okoye beibg the boss, and leading the Dora's and Wakandan army is the right way to go.

By the way, we going with W'Baku, M'Duke, or Win'Baku??? We need to clear it up
    I think i'ma roll with M'Duke, that's my first time hearing it hahahaah

and yup, HZ, Doras, Royal (male) Guards... can easily fall in the trap of being glorified redshirts... which is what they essentially are more often than not, and that's not a bad thing per se, but it's kinda like the Green Lantern Corps where there should at the bare minimum be several notable ones (a Stewart, Hal, Kyle, Gardner) who are the head honchos that get development. Okoye is that for the Doras. I'd honestly have NuNakia be that for the HZ and just have them go full metal gear solid stealth/spy stuff, with Kasper being her next in charge. And then I guess the royal guard just be straight up red shirt status

Altho Okoye's promotion as director of AoW kinda blurs a lot of that HZ stuff i suppose
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Not tumbleweeds!

Everybody's talking about BP Quest, Marvel Knights, Killmonger and BP vs DP.

Space Wakanda is...…….
    It's so weird how this also so happens to be the best stretch of BP's existence as a character. Hell of a coincidence.

This whole "no deconstruction, just badassery" stuff is pretty cool
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    It's so weird how this also so happens to be the best stretch of BP's existence as a character. Hell of a coincidence.

This whole "no deconstruction, just badassery" stuff is pretty cool
    I know! Who knew that entertaining stories without heavy-handed agendas are actually popular?

.... Being debated on whether or not it's an else world story because the greater MU has the REAL T'Challa putting in work while space Wakanda T'Challa takes 8 issue's to barely move the plot a needle forward.. I swear it's like watching DBZ again as a kid where it took them 3 episodes to power up
    At least DBZ had plenty action. Skimming thru Space Wakanda at my LCS and it's just so much nothing much happening. Slow moving plot and not many answers.

and yup, HZ, Doras, Royal (male) Guards... can easily fall in the trap of being glorified redshirts... which is what they essentially are more often than not, and that's not a bad thing per se, but it's kinda like the Green Lantern Corps where there should at the bare minimum be several notable ones (a Stewart, Hal, Kyle, Gardner) who are the head honchos that get development. Okoye is that for the Doras. I'd honestly have NuNakia be that for the HZ and just have them go full metal gear solid stealth/spy stuff, with Kasper being her next in charge. And then I guess the royal guard just be straight up red shirt status

Altho Okoye's promotion as director of AoW kinda blurs a lot of that HZ stuff i suppose
    Your premise should have been World of Wakanda.

Maybe Okoye just being "General" is the most appropriate title. She commands the Dora's, the HZ, the Wakandan army, and AoW.. second only to T'Challa who has final say. Then Nu-Nakia becomes the captain of the DM (bye Aneka) Kasper to become the captain of the HZ and give M'Baku the M'Duke treatment.

Make Shuri head of the Wakandan design group, and head of Wakandan security. Unfortunately it's a downgrade, but honest unless a major upheaval happens that is where Shuri is heading

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    At least DBZ had plenty action. Skimming thru Space Wakanda at my LCS and it's just so much nothing much happening. Slow moving plot and not many answers.
    Hey space Wakanda has action too.. but it's more akin to Killing sabamen or freeza henchmen then actually fighting the big dogs

BANNED

Maybe Okoye just being "General" is the most appropriate title. She commands the Dora's, the HZ, the Wakandan army, and AoW.. second only to T'Challa who has final say. Then Nu-Nakia becomes the captain of the DM (bye Aneka) Kasper to become the captain of the HZ and give M'Baku the M'Duke treatment.

Make Shuri head of the Wakandan design group, and head of Wakandan security. Unfortunately it's a downgrade, but honest unless a major upheaval happens that is where Shuri is heading
    Why are you so interested in seeing Shuri downgraded?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Shuri (written before the MCU) had the potential to be a leader that Wakanda actually needs. While also freeing T’Challa to play superhero. Her inclusion is a win win.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I'm interested in seeing Shuri actually develop again with clear arcs, consistency, and believability. T'Challa is King and BP again. Shuri isn't going to be BP again for the foreseeable future. I personally would like to see her Branch out on her own, however, given that Okoye just blew up in the MCU and Aaron made her director of AoW, why could you make Shuri that will be as good as queen or BP? Only other thing I could think of is:

T'Challa King/BP has final say in a that happens > Shuri General of the Wakandan military force as a whole> Okoye director of AoW and commander of DM Nu-Nakia & Kasper > captaitn of the DM & HZ.

But just from what we have seen with Marvel, they deaged Shuri, and let Nnedi torpedo her into WitBP days with the added nonsense of faux gender inequality and apparent amnesia of being Queen and taking care of business.

So my interest is keeping the supporting cast relevant

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Shuri (written before the MCU) had the potential to be a leader that Wakanda actually needs. While also freeing T’Challa to play superhero. Her inclusion is a win win.
    I personally liked Shuri ruling Wakanda while Tchalla was free to be a super hero. It logistically made more sense.

But really, T'Challa had to get the throne back because its a part of his charscter. The movie made it impossible not to return him to status quo.

That leaves Shuri to find something else, but I think she can do better than running some arm of the Wakandan military. That hust makes her another okoye.

Not BP related, but I saw the article that Mavel and Hulu will be making four adult cartoons. Using somewhat obscure characters.
    That is a HBO Spawn like Hatute/Kasper series waiting to happen.

Hey space Wakanda has action too.. but it's more akin to Killing sabamen or freeza henchmen then actually fighting the big dogs
    What do you call a hamburger with no meat just buns?

A nothing burger.

Just finished reading Marvel Knights after seeing it mentioned here and...T'Challa was absolute fire. Wow!

Marvel released a top 10 leaders of the MU and T’Challa was ranked 6th under Wasp, Fury, Professor X, Captain America, and Captain Marvel.

Last edited by KingNomarch; 02-11-2019 at 08:55 PM.