Page 157 of 744 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    No. That would suggest that the franchise can't carry its own weight, and needs to bring in other characters to prop it up.

Yes. Technically, I should have said Tigerball, but it's early and I haven't had my coffee yet.
    Though I don't believe the second BP movie should become a stealth Avengers movie either, IF it were to go that route I don't believe it would be because they believe the franchise can't carry it's own weight. Clearly it can given the perforamnce of the first. It would simply be because Coogler for whatever reason wanted to tell that story with a lot of other heroes.

It's not like Captain America needed the help in Civil War franchise wise... Winter Soldier did pretty well on it's own. It was story based too.

I'll say again though, if they go that route it shouldn't be in the second BP movie (if at all). It's too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    You need to be more specific. What you are saying is too vague to mean anything. The first movie was in Wakanda, Nigeria, Britain (I think), Korea, and the Djalia and involved a global plot of uprising dark skin folk everywhere on the planet.

If Coogler threw in more MCU people, many of you would complain because T'challa got less lines and "wasn't the focus" or something lol. Team Wakanda already has T'challa, Okoye, Nakia, Shuri, and M'baku demanding screen time, in addition to the villain(s) and possibly more W'kabi, Ramonda, and Ross.

This isn't a Captain America situation where all the main characters of the first movie were basically dead besides Cap. Or an Iron Man situation where he only had a few costars of note (Stark, Pepper, Rhodey, and Happy)
    If I was to be more specific, then Sturm Und Drang comes to mind in terms of what I'm trying to state.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    I will save that for a third movie or an Avengers movie even.

I will say Sturm Und Drang can work as an event movie for a BP solo. Wakanda against Atlantis/Lemuria, some of the avengers interfering, Achebe using this as an advantage, Other world leaders, weighing on the matter i.e Doom etc. I don't know if I will do that for a sequel as it might be too much to cram in.
    If we're including BP stories as events then sure, a couple BP stories can work in that regard. Enemy of the State or Storm Und Drag work pretty well. They encompass a larger MU, but are still BP stories.

If Marvel does Secret Invasion (which I think they might given we're getting Skrulls in Captain Marvel) a movie version of See Wakanda and Die would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The one interesting thing about that is that Kasper could start credibly calling himself White Tiger again. It's all connected.
    Well, they didn't give him a new code-name with the new outfit (I was hoping for the new White Wolf, myself... an ex-NYPD cop would be the perfect commander to redeem the Hatut Zeraze) so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    If I was to be more specific, then Sturm Und Drang comes to mind in terms of what I'm trying to state.
    I wouldn't hate it if you could do it right because I really like the comic story. But I think you would have to trim so much from it that I don't know if it will work.

It is unrealistic because there is no way they would sideline team Wakanda like that though.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I double checked the caption, it doesnt say southern Wakanda like I thought, it just says the far side of the continent. Wakandans didnt summon Morlun.
    It was the lion cult though. Or at least a lion cult. THat's what sort of confused me as far as what Hudlin was doing. I wasn't sure if it was an attempt to retcon the lion god into Morlun from Hathor or not.

It's of course entirely possible there can be multiple lion gods in africa.... I imagine the lion is a very easy god to build a religion around. I suppose if you're on your way out, keeping it vague is the safe route to take. That way if no one wants to follow it up, it can be ignored.

I wouldn't hate it if you could do it right because I really like the comic story. But I think you would have to trim so much from it that I don't know if it will work.

It is unrealistic because there is no way they would sideline team Wakanda like that though.
    Most marvel movies have to do that anyways though. Putting any sort of event into a 2 hour movie is pretty much impossible without doing a lot of cutting. Usualy they are only losely based on the actual marvel event anyways.

Doom, Namor, and Storm would have to be substituted if they haven't been introduced to MCU at that point. Nakia could replace Storms roll easy enough, but there will need to be political adversaries to provide that potential war tension.

Doom, Namor, and Storm would have to be substituted if they haven't been introduced to MCU at that point. Nakia could replace Storms roll easy enough, but there will need to be political adversaries to provide that potential war tension.
    I think you could introduce Doom in the movie as a tease for the future. He doesn't really do much in the story anyway so you could basically cameo him.

I think you might be able to introduce namor in the movie too but thta would be muc harder and take up even more screen time.

We also have Magneto too, which wouldn't work.

Storm is easy ot replace.

But the story, if I recall and am not still groggy, also had sound version Klaw, Lemuria/Ghuar, and Hunter involved.

I don't think you could do it in two hours and not have it be messy. MCU always takes stories and cuts them to pieces but if you cut this story too much... it loses what made it good IMO. you have to have all the moving pieces to make it work like it did in the comics.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Would the Inhumans work as political adversaries? I never watched the Inhumans TV show, so I have no idea how they were handled or what their MCU status quo is.

But yeah... if they want to do more political stories they probably need to wait for the Fox characters to show up. It's actually a potential way to indroduce them I suppose.

IMO, if you wanna do some loose adaptation of Sturm, it needs to be an Avengers movie and not a Black Panther movie.

Black Panther would still be the "focus" of the Avengers movie (like RDJ is the star of the first two) but a lot of the moving pieces would be changed to avengers and not say, Magneto.

So, you would have say.. Dr Strange and Captain Marvle at the "monarchy table" instead of Doom and Magneto. It doesn't work as well, but I could see a heavy conversation where someone like CM goes "i'll just go down there and take the Macguffin in Lemuria" and T'challa is like "dumbass, that would cause a global war" or something.

So it would be Sturm in spirit but not in practice. Mostly a tense, geopolitical Avengers movie with T'challa at the center (which makes sense bc he is a king)

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Would the Inhumans work as political adversaries? I never watched the Inhumans TV show, so I have no idea how they were handled or what their MCU status quo is.

But yeah... if they want to do more political stories they probably need to wait for the Fox characters to show up. It's actually a potential way to indroduce them I suppose.
    I didn't hate the show, but they would need a lot more development to be an advisory. At the end of the show they're basically starting their society over.

Given that none of the MCU movies are straight adaptations of comic-book plots, I'm not particularly worried. I'd think it more likely that the second or 3rd movie would be something like Black Panther: Enemy Of The State, and be an almost completely new plot.

Well, they didn't give him a new code-name with the new outfit (I was hoping for the new White Wolf, myself... an ex-NYPD cop would be the perfect commander to redeem the Hatut Zeraze) so who knows?
    Since we're bringing up White Wolf... I suppose they could sort of incorporate him into the whole Panther God/Tiger god idea.

T'CHalla and Hunter are sort of brothers, so they make for viable avatars for a god which has 2 different aspects. T'Challa has the nice side, and Hunter has the not so nice side.

Given that none of the MCU movies are straight adaptations of comic-book plots, I'm not particularly worried. I'd think it more likely that the second or 3rd movie would be something like Black Panther: Enemy Of The State, and be an almost completely new plot.
    As long as a BP movie can snag the name before a Wolverine movie does. Logan has an Enemy of the State story too, which is arguably a bit better known. BP should snag the name first.