Page 678 of 744 FirstFirst ... 178578628668674675676677678679680681682688728 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yeah, it burns me up, but you speak that truth bro! At this point I wonder the effectiveness of a media campaign to bring attention to just how silly all this is.
    As Brother Ezyo pointed out, even though both were introduced and featured in Coates BP, the Kimoyo Beads and Force push were both created by Brian Stelfreze.

I see no reason why a campaign can't be started to highlight this stuff.

I'm down for whatever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    The part in bold shows that Coates was just trying to push some faux anti-T'Challa king narrative. Shuri was queen when all the bad stuff Coates keeps mentioning happened.

It sad that this forum has become a place to complain about the latest Black Panther comic.
    As far as I'm concerned, there is no BP solo book.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, there is no BP solo book.
    LOL haha....that's one way to see it!

For Black Panther, read Avengers & Black Panther & The Agents of Wakanda. Need more read back issues of Priest, Hudlin & Liss lol. Could be worse, TBH.

Coates is no friend to the BP mythos.

That's something that every actual BP enthusiast posting herein or anywhere else online, needs to acknowledge from this point onwards.

Any writer worth their literary salt, would have done due diligence as a professional, and done research into the character they were commissioned to write,.

Coates came onboard with a total lack of knowledge or understanding of the character he was going to be writing or the world within that characters entire mythos sprang from.

With that level of ignorance, is it any wonder that Coates went on to fall back upon a seeming fetish for the transplantation of stereotypical Third World African violence into a society that through deliberate isolation, was never blighted by the slave trade or any of the other external issues that led to the rest of Africa being plundered, pillaged and rendered fundamentally fractured.

For those of you still purchasing this book, don't you think it's time to just.....stop?
    Well like Digi posted pages back, when you see Redjacks pitch, how he too, acknowledges the events of Hickmans NA, yet still shows T'Challa as a two steps ahead planner, Making enemies look left when they should be looking right, allows the enemy to think he is captured when they fell into his trap, then using call backs with the techno jungle and uses it to defeat an enemy above his weight class, all of this is in continuity characistics of T'Challa,

Makes one feel disgusted that THAT version wasn't a fit, yet Boko Haram and rape was (which I still don't believe they even gave a **** about his pitch, but his literary ties and just said fuq it, what's the worst that can happen) and the utter lack of knowledge, research, or professionalism put into actually development of T'Challa and Wakanda that priest, Hudlin and Redjack did in their due diligence while adding their own takes while keeping the true core of T'Challa in place.

This should of started out just like Hudlins witbp, an out of continuity story that, unlike Hudlins, was kept that way

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    None of his major themes have a real explanation. Why are WKs protesting, no one man, but during all the events that supposedly led to the present, Tchalla wasnt in charge and Shuri had councilors.

Why did the originators attack humans after they welcomed them? "Because humans being humans".

Hes a terrible plot writer so he doesn't bother to try to explain anything. He just assumes readers will go along with whatever.
    And when he tries to explain it (on Twitter mind you) it still doesn't make sense. Why is Wakanda in such a state in issue 1?

Coates: Because all the fires out out.

What fires? They already recovered from TRO and we're set literally to status quo completely and utterly.

Coates: I didn't know the ending of tro.

Bullisht, you knew Shuri was dead, abd you knew Wakanda and the world would be restored, yet you didn't know how? Really? Plus later in BP crew he has T'Challa acknowledge he restored the world, so again how did Wakanda get to such a poor state?

Theb he relies on gay to fix his isht with wow, and she actually confirms how bullisht his story is and actually undermines the Dora's and exposes their bullisht us BP enthusiasts already knew but basically the whole ordeal is of the MAs own doing and they cast blame on T'Challa and Coates has him fold like a chump

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Well like Digi posted pages back, when you see Redjacks pitch, how he too, acknowledges the events of Hickmans NA, yet still shows T'Challa as a two steps ahead planner, Making enemies look left when they should be looking right, allows the enemy to think he is captured when they fell into his trap, then using call backs with the techno jungle and uses it to defeat an enemy above his weight class, all of this is in continuity characistics of T'Challa,

Makes one feel disgusted that THAT version wasn't a fit, yet Boko Haram and rape was (which I still don't believe they even gave a **** about his pitch, but his literary ties and just said fuq it, what's the worst that can happen) and the utter lack of knowledge, research, or professionalism put into actually development of T'Challa and Wakanda that priest, Hudlin and Redjack did in their due diligence while adding their own takes while keeping the true core of T'Challa in place.

This should of started out just like Hudlins witbp, an out of continuity story that, unlike Hudlins, was kept that way
    Or Marvel Editorial could have just ensured that Coates followed on from where Hickman left off.

Simple.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    And when he tries to explain it (on Twitter mind you) it still doesn't make sense. Why is Wakanda in such a state in issue 1?

Coates: Because all the fires out out.

What fires? They already recovered from TRO and we're set literally to status quo completely and utterly.

Coates: I didn't know the ending of tro.

Bullisht, you knew Shuri was dead, abd you knew Wakanda and the world would be restored, yet you didn't know how? Really? Plus later in BP crew he has T'Challa acknowledge he restored the world, so again how did Wakanda get to such a poor state?

Theb he relies on gay to fix his isht with wow, and she actually confirms how bullisht his story is and actually undermines the Dora's and exposes their bullisht us BP enthusiasts already knew but basically the whole ordeal is of the MAs own doing and they cast blame on T'Challa and Coates has him fold like a chump
    Brother Ezyo, it'll be less stressful for you if you just come to terms with the fact that anything and everything Coates said as regards not knowing how Hickman's TRO/Secret Wars II concluded, was a blatant distortion.

There's no way in Hades that Coates would have been given the greenlight to start a new BP solo post SW2 without Marvel furnishing him with the relevant in continuity that would ensured a seamless flow from that event to whatever arc he wished to explore in the BP solo.

Everything Coates brought to the table prior to getting the gig, clearly indicated that he had an anti BP bias from day one.

BANNED

LOL haha....that's one way to see it!

For Black Panther, read Avengers & Black Panther & The Agents of Wakanda. Need more read back issues of Priest, Hudlin & Liss lol. Could be worse, TBH.
    Bro, it's the only way to see it. :smh:

Even the way he gets blasted in the back by the HZ is weak. No dodging or maneuvering. No Panther Habit. Oh Coates.

But the thing is, with his new novel being promoted by Oprah and people enjoying his "Main Stream Character" Captain America, Coates probably doesn't care how he portrays T'Challa at this point.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 11-30-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    coates continues to knock this series out of the park. his ability to merry real life issues with the story within BP is spectacular. moreover, tchalla is a a mythical hero made flesh for this intergalactic empire. with no connection to his lineage tchalla is able to prove himself in battle bu defeating all his foes simultaneously and in doing so unknowingly put a huge target on his back. his ignorance and inability to perceive the threat around him led to his ultimate enslavement. though his desire to find more vibranium resulted in the rise of this tyrannical empire, t'challa concludes that he must correct what he indirectly created. coates in this issue of BP made him the greatest BP to ever exist. I'm not sure how anyone could have issue with how beautifully he brought to life this issue.

10/10
    Now that I've read this issue, how does what happened in this comic make him the greatest BP of all time? How does this comic get a 10/10. I am just curious.
    Last edited by Vibranium Weave; 11-30-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Ultimate Member

Even the way he gets blasted in the back by the HZ is weak. No dodging or maneuvering. No Panther Habit. Oh Coates.

But the thing is, with his new novel being promoted by Oprah and people enjoying his "Main******** Character" Captain America, Coates probably doesn't care how he portrays T'Challa at this point.
    Did he ever? The shade throwing started at the beginning.

He's pretty much untouchable as far as the editors are concerned. It would take a LOT for them to push him back any

Or Marvel Editorial could have just ensured that Coates followed on from where Hickman left off.

Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did he ever? The shade throwing started at the beginning.

He's pretty much untouchable as far as the editors are concerned. It would take a LOT for them to push him back any
    You are both assuming the editors actually DO anything. Frankly, I've felt like the inmates have been running the asylum at Marvel for years.

Hell, look at Man-Ape. Coates had a plot-line based on the Jabari being led by M'baku's kid brother after his death... except M'Baku had already been seen alive in another book before the run had even started. Took me FIVE seconds on Wikipedia. But nobody at Marvel bothered to check.

Or Thunderball... running with the Wrecking Crew in one story, held as a prisoner in Wakanda in another.

I'm not sure what editors even DO at Marvel anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    You are both assuming the editors actually DO anything. Frankly, I've felt like the inmates have been running the asylum at Marvel for years.

Hell, look at Man-Ape. Coates had a plot-line based on the Jabari being led by M'baku's kid brother after his death... except M'Baku had already been seen alive in another book before the run had even started. Took me FIVE seconds on Wikipedia. But nobody at Marvel bothered to check.

Or Thunderball... running with the Wrecking Crew in one story, held as a prisoner in Wakanda in another.

I'm not sure what editors even DO at Marvel
    anymore.
    Spellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Spellcheck
    No, that's what ASSISTANT editors do.

I need someone to confirm that this is fake

I don't usually trust or watch this guys videos even more but my stupid youtube algorithm keeps putting his videos in my feed
    The J-man