Page 634 of 744 FirstFirst ... 134534584624630631632633634635636637638644684734 ... LastLast
Results 9,496 to 9,510 of 11160
    Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Narobia.

Live podcast.

Topic: Should Wakanda Be Cancelled.

1-800-ZANDARULES

Zanda: "Caller you're on..."

Agazunga: "This is Agazunga from the greater Congo area and I wanted to know why Wakanda has not gotten involved with the civil wars raging here every other week."

Zanda: "Me too... Them xenophobic selfish people is all about themselves and they vibranium. They don't care about you and me or the common man. Next caller you're on..."

Adisa: "I'm from Nigeria and rumor has it that some of their secret service War Dogs killed some of our men in a late night ambush as they was coming home from work with groceries."

Zanda: "I can neither confirm nor deny this but my sources say that it all started over his 'girlfriend' Nakia dating one of those soldiers and Prince T'cholley got all jealous and went on a tirade something about his daddy died and whatnot... You know how he do... Next caller..."

Paul Rusesabagina: "This is Paul from Hotel Rwanda... 'BEEP' Wakanda and everything they stand for as they sat aside and let all types of people suffer while they lived in comfort."

Zanda: "Hey Paul, I just want you to know that the people of Narobia stand with you and other Africans in need all over the motherland."

Paul Rusesabagina: "Hey speaking of that your donations check bounced so if you could resend..."

(click)

Zanda: "Next caller..."

Bill: "Hi, I'm African American..."

Zanda: "Greetings from across the pond my Pan African brotha."

Bill: "Is it true that Wakanda and some Avengers tried to stop Thanos by themselves instead of reaching out to other African armies and possibly some Navy Seal involvement... I mean I get that they are 'unconquerable' and all but to risk half the universe' living beings just doesn't make sense to me."

Zanda: "Aint nothing but two thangs in Wakanda... Vibranium and big egos. T'cholley could have called me I got some tough soldiers over here in Narobia but NAW they wanted to hog all the glory for themselves in case they won. They could have involved Latveria, Atlantis, Russia, China and a whole bunch of other African nations just around the corner but that's how they do to keep their precious secrets. I had close friends turn to ash right in front of me and did not have a clue as to why. Next caller..."

Ororo: "This is Storm speaking... I represent Kenya and I would like to point out that Wakanda has sent my people a whole lot of aid and support so I don't get all the hate you throw at them."

Zanda: "Listeners this is Miss Ororo Munroe of the X-men and on the low she is doing the dayum thang with King T'challa so no wonder he gives her country aid and probably quietly funds the X-men for some sidepiece quid co pro action but I aint said nothing but a word."

Ororo: "LOOK... He is a great friend and ally in the super hero community!"

Zanda: "The WHITE super hero community with your blue eyed self and that hair aint real we see through all that Maybelline... You don't even rep Africa much anyway so Cancel Culture about to say Bye Felicia!"

Ororo: "You are about to experience some bad weather you keep running your mouth like that."

Zanda: "Listeners she just mad because I expelled all mutants out of my country... Aint my fault you're background eye candy in every Xavier School of Gifted Students photo-op. I just issued a tornado warning throughout my country so WHATEVAH bring it weather witch!"

Ororo: "I am a highly respected member of..."

(click)

Zanda: "Anywho... Speaking of T'cholley we had a date the other night and NEGRO with the fake accent tried to press me for information like I'm one them brainwashed Dora's he has hanging around steppin' and fetching' and whatnot. People it's time that we officially CANCELLED Wakanda as a staff, record label and a crew... Hit Em Up! Long live Killmonger!"
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    Narobia.

Live podcast.

Topic: Should Wakanda Be Cancelled.

1-800-ZANDARULES

Zanda: "Caller you're on..."

Agazunga: "This is Agazunga from the greater Congo area and I wanted to know why Wakanda has not gotten involved with the civil wars raging here every other week."

Zanda: "Me too... Them xenophobic selfish people is all about themselves and they vibranium. They don't care about you and me or the common man. Next caller you're on..."

Adisa: "I'm from Nigeria and rumor has it that some of their secret service War Dogs killed some of our men in a late night ambush as they was coming home from work with groceries."

Zanda: "I can neither confirm nor deny this but my sources say that it all started over his 'girlfriend' Nakia dating one of those soldiers and Prince T'cholley got all jealous and went on a tirade something about his daddy died and whatnot... You know how he do... Next caller..."

Paul Rusesabagina: "This is Paul from Hotel Rwanda... 'BEEP' Wakanda and everything they stand for as they sat aside and let all types of people suffer while they lived in comfort."

Zanda: "Hey Paul, I just want you to know that the people of Narobia stand with you and other Africans in need all over the motherland."

Paul Rusesabagina: "Hey speaking of that your donations check bounced so if you could resend..."

(click)

Zanda: "Next caller..."

Bill: "Hi, I'm African American..."

Zanda: "Greetings from across the pond my Pan African brotha."

Bill: "Is it true that Wakanda and some Avengers tried to stop Thanos by themselves instead of reaching out to other African armies and possibly some Navy Seal involvement... I mean I get that they are 'unconquerable' and all but to risk half the universe' living beings just doesn't make sense to me."

Zanda: "Aint nothing but two thangs in Wakanda... Vibranium and big egos. T'cholley could have called me I got some tough soldiers over here in Narobia but NAW they wanted to hog all the glory for themselves in case they won. They could have involved Latveria, Atlantis, Russia, China and a whole bunch of other African nations just around the corner but that's how they do to keep their precious secrets. I had close friends turn to ash right in front of me and did not have a clue as to why. Next caller..."

Ororo: "This is Storm speaking... I represent Kenya and I would like to point out that Wakanda has sent my people a whole lot of aid and support so I don't get all the hate you throw at them."

Zanda: "Listeners this is Miss Ororo Munroe of the X-men and on the low she is doing the dayum thang with King T'challa so no wonder he gives her country aid and probably quietly funds the X-men for some sidepiece quid co pro action but I aint said nothing but a word."

Ororo: "LOOK... He is a great friend and ally in the super hero community!"

Zanda: "The WHITE super hero community with your blue eyed self and that hair aint real we see through all that Maybelline... You don't even rep Africa much anyway so Cancel Culture about to say Bye Felicia!"

Ororo: "You are about to experience some bad weather you keep running your mouth like that."

Zanda: "Listeners she just mad because I expelled all mutants out of my country... Aint my fault you're background eye candy in every Xavier School of Gifted Students photo-op. I just issued a tornado warning throughout my country so WHATEVAH bring it weather witch!"

Ororo: "I am a highly respected member of..."

(click)

Zanda: "Anywho... Speaking of T'cholley we had a date the other night and NEGRO with the fake accent tried to press me for information like I'm one them brainwashed Dora's he has hanging around steppin' and fetching' and whatnot. People it's time that we officially CANCELLED Wakanda as a staff, record label and a crew... Hit Em Up! Long live Killmonger!"
    Flex my man... This would be an excellent Wakandan strip.. you got talent brother. This is good stuff! Keep it coming

Black Panther needs more moments like this...

Get Hectic!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Well, if you paid closer attention you'd realize that I drew the parallels that I did for a reason. I referenced this specific situation because of the people involved. You, Cville and Ezyo1000 all gleaned from a previous post of mine that black women are infallible and black men are all flawed human beings. (Note that the three of you pulled that from somewhere the sun doesn't shine.) No one could accuse Candance Owens of being flawless. Nevertheless, she deserves respect even if you don't agree with her. I never claimed that she was under attack from the big, bad T.I. I never even implied that she needed saving from the big, strong Killer Mike. She clearly held her own, but that's not the point. What I'm saying is, he had to tell T.I. that many of her talking points are actually valid. Not only are they valid, but many are actually lifted and distorted versions of messages passed on from Minister Farrakhan. I highlighted just how many men claim to uplift black women until it no longer suits them. T.I. is one of those men because Candace was "on some bullshit" until the Killer Mike spoke eloquently and explained why she made sense.

I then tied all of this back to T'Challa and the type of man that I see in him. That happened. There wasn't any strying from the topic at hand because I linked it to T'Challa's portrayal both in his comic and his movie. The parallels are there. I see them and I pointed them out. There is no crusade to to paint black men as the eternal enemy of black women. We're in this together. There no need for competition. There is a need for compassion, forgiveness and a willingness to hear one another out. There has to be nuance to black love, but many don't get that. The post you responded to said as much. T'Challa the man understands this. And instead of seeking to better understand the black people we disagree with, many of would rather hold one another accountable for circumstances outside our collective control. Nothing I've said would imply that black men and women cannot get along.

To bring the topic full circle, it stands to reason that if Wakanda was ever to be fully realized there would need to be a conversation of this magnitude. If you aren't one that fathoms the possibility of it actually happening for black children in the MU in much the same way Krakoa is for mutant children, then I guess I am alone on my meaningless detour that would appear to encompass all black people. I understand if your idea of T'Challa and his Wakanda don't quite lend themselves to my version. That actually makes sense given our vastly different approaches black life, love and acceptance.
    My dude, you may not be aware of this but but based on the general tone of your posts thus far, it would appear that your awareness and understanding of the BP mythos pre-Coates is somewhat lacking.

Prior to Coates, there were ZERO gender based problems evidenced within the BP mythos as Wakandan men and women functioned as equals.

T'Challa's relationship with the Dora Milaje was totally formal and devoid of anything remotely sexual and T'Challa was always portrayed as an honourable man and King to his people.

It was Coates who brought his jaundiced viewpoints and inability to accept established BP lore, that introduced faux conflict and Boko Haram toxicity into the aforementioned mythos just because he couldn't come to terms with the concept of an honourable African Kung who would refrain from abusing his royal status to take advantage of the aforementioned Dora Milaje.

Prior to Coates the X-office were the ones who actually threw shade at T'Challa as regards the Dora's because for some strange reason, they seem to have this penchant for projecting quite a lot.

There's an underlying thread of projection as regards respecting black women or the lack thereof, which has never been an issue within this thread prior to your posts and I for one, remain non-plussed as to why you've opted to make an issue out of something that has never been a bone of contention throughout the entire history of this thread at any point.

As I stated previously, most of us who've been posting in this thread have done so as BP enthusiasts whose sole reason for engaging in discourse has always been firmly rooted in appreciating and celebrating the BP mythos.

And as regards "Our vastly different approach to black love/life," I find myself somewhat bemused by the total lack of self awareness on your part, to assume that you know enough about me or anyone else posting in this thread, to make such an odd statement.
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 11-09-2019 at 01:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    See here's the problem right here. Your putting words in peoples mouths then responding that we pulled it out our asses

Here's the part you Said

here were the responses to that

Notice how none of us said that women are infallible and men are all flawed as highlighted in bold. It was a simple question and one that gets asked alot from both sides when. It comes to Black men and black women. You are literally building up the women then taking a dig at T'Challa the man. That type of attitude needs to stop from both sides. People need to stop building up black men by putting down women and stop building up Black women by putting down men. That's what we we're getting at. No one was even mentioning Candace Owens or saying she was flawless. None of us even said the women in BP were flawless either. Cville said why did you word it that way as if that were the case

Until people can have discussions and actually respond to what people actually said and not imputing words into their mouths that are used against them then this isn't going to go very far
    My good man, brotha Ezyo1000, are you sure you've what I've written in this thread properly? This post would seem to suggest otherwise.

*glean

VERB[WITH OBJECT]

1Obtain (information) from various sources, often with difficulty.

‘the information is gleaned from press cuttings’*

I never put words in anyone's mouth. As I said, you, Cville and the other good brotha, Mr. Majestik ALL assumed I was throwing shots or taking digs at T'Challa, the imperfect man. I noticed that the three of you ALL neglected to acknowledge the FACT that I also labeled him an impeccable KING.

Rather then vent my frustrations on three black men that (imo) went out of their way misinterpret my words and imply an ulterior motive I decided to address a topic that was sure to answer Cville's ridiculous question without coming off hostile at the insipid nature of your collective understanding of my point at hand.

Subsequently I replied with a post that referenced Candace Owens. I did that and I said previously that I did for a specific reason. Because you all assumed that I was taking digs at T'Challa to uplift the women around him, i then turned that notion it its head by highlighting a woman that comes off indefensible. Only in that instance, i elevated a black man that speaks on what he knows with passion, emotion, respect and love for his fellow black people. I did that. I did exactly that.

Only then did TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT POSTERS label Candace a troll. It's common knowledge that she does what she does to get a reaction. That goes without saying. But the justification for "saving her from big, bad T.I" when she's one of the "biggest trolls" was an actual response. Not only does that completely miss the point of what I was saying, it actually goes a VERY long way of illustrating exactly the issue behind my mentioning her name along with black love. I DO NOT HIVE A RAT'S ASS THAT CANDACE OWENS IS A TROLL. IF ANY BLACK MAN HAS A PROBLEM TREATING THIS DARKSKINNED BLACK WOMAN WITH RESPECT, DESPITE THE ISSUES THEY PERSONALLY HAVE WITH HER BRAND OF POLITICS, THAT MAN DOES NOT LOVE NOR RESPECT ALL BLACK WOMEN.

You all are free to ask your questions to get a better understanding of where I'm coming from personally. I wouldn't expect any less. I welcome it. But I'm free it interpret your line of questioning and deduce its logical outcome. None of it was lost on me. Please do not insult my intelligence and I'll return the favor in kind. Everyone is free to their own interpretation of my words. That's fine. I cannot tell you how to interpret me. I mean, I could, but that would be wholly ridiculous. All I can do is better explain my meaning.

I put forth a scenario and the response I got was not unexpected. Similar to my question about BDE a few weeks ago, I knew what the most likely response was going to be and the thread did not disappoint. Along with T.I's problematic interaction with a black woman that he has no romantic interest in and therefore has no immediate reason to offer up his niceties, I also mentioned the possessive way in which he recently claimed ownership of his daughter's virginity. That instance is directly comparable to Jason Aaron's scene of Ororo and T'Challa in WatX. I asked a series of questions in reference to him and that scene even earlier and again, the response I got was WHOLLY EXPECTED. I could definitely keep going, but i don't want to get too deep on the misconceptions around black love and why most black males don't have a problem with that part of Aaron's resume. But I digress... suffice it all to say that there's absolutely NO NEED for to put words in anyone's mouth. I ask questions and I allow people to express their inner biases. It's not about shaming or venting my frustrations, it about coming to a better understanding of the men (and women) that I seek to build a connection with.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    My dude, you may not be aware of this but but based on the general tone of your posts thus far, it would appear that your awareness and understanding of the BP mythos pre-Coates us somewhat lacking.

Prior to Coates, there were ZERO gender based problems evidenced within the BP mythos as Wakandan men and women functioned as equals.

T'Challa's relationship with the Dora Milaje was totally formal and devoid of anything remotely sexual and T'Challa was always portrayed as an honourable man and King to his people.
    I'd also add that when it was first introduced, it was treated as a tradition that Wakanda had moved past, that T'Challa had revived only to satisfy hardliners.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'd also add that when it was first introduced, it was treated as a tradition that Wakanda had moved past, that T'Challa had revived only to satisfy hardliners.
    I don’t think we’ve even seen a Black Panther with a Dora as a wife. But people don’t care about what’s actually (not) in the comics and use them as a smear against the mythos.

There needs to be an explicit statement from someone in the comics that the Dora haven’t been used as potential wives for millennia so the whole thing can be put to rest.
    Last edited by chief12d; 11-09-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I don’t think we’ve even seen a Black Panther with a Dora as a wife. But people don’t care about what’s actually (not) in the comics and use them as a smear against the mythos.

There needs to be an explicit statement from someone in the comics that the Dora haven’t been used as potential wives for millennia so the whole thing can be put to rest.
    T'Challa said it himself in the very first issue of Priests' run

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

I am excited to see where this goes. This looks like it's getting good

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

The problem is that later writers have brought the Dora back, en mass and kept the 'wife in training' thing. Coates is the one who used it as a weapon against the mythos, but writers after Priest didn't do any favors, either.

IMO, someone ought to dive int the Dora mythos. Have it revealed that some D-bag council member, Wakanda's Trump, changed them from warrior guard to wives legally but not in practice way back when. T'Challa removes the edict.

Boom, problem solved

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    T'Challa said it himself in the very first issue of Priests' run
    T'Challa made that clear to the Dora (and readers) yes, but did he say anything about past Panthers?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    T'Challa made that clear to the Dora (and readers) yes, but did he say anything about past Panthers?
    All the context you need.