Page 440 of 744 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444450490540 ... LastLast
Results 6,586 to 6,600 of 11160

The amount of posters/twitter net hoping for a Namor vs BP movie shows how little they actually think of T'Challa and his mythos.

Characters been around for 60 years and the best some can hope for is blimp in his history that sequentially made all parties involved look the fool. smh
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 08-03-2019 at 10:46 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

After Black Panther are you sure you trust that same CGI team with Atlantis and water VFX

Aquaman was an average movie, but it should have been nominated for VFX.

Just rewatched Endgame they could nail a Valkyrie/Spiderman on a pegasus but BP couldn't nail T'Challa taking down a rhino?

The budget for Namor/Atlantis would require another 100 million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The amount of posters/twitter net hoping for a Namor vs BP movie shows how little they actually think of T'Challa and his mythos.

Characters been around for 60 years and the best some can hope for is blimp in his history that sequentially made all parties involved look the fool. smh
    Never forget:

Bucky and the Avengers were going to save Wakanda at the end! Because it is the MCU! Everything is connected!!

Lol. I have no idea why so many non Black Panther fans hang out in here. It is weird AF. And it has been that way ever since I joined CBR.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Never forget:

Bucky and the Avengers were going to save Wakanda at the end! Because it is the MCU! Everything is connected!!

Lol. I have no idea why so many non Black Panther fans hang out in here. It is weird AF. And it has been that way ever since I joined CBR.
    Not even sure what you are talking about with the Buck and Avengers thing...

However, I actually am a BP fan. I read this thread every other day even though I don't comment much. But thank you for your patrol service oh gatekeeper of Black Panther fandom.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

I think thats part of being a comic book fan. Certain stories you may like on comics, you hope to see on the big screen.

Plenty want to see Mephisto for example. He's not exactly th most associated villain with the BP mythos, but there is history there. Coogler wanted Kraven in the first movie at one point. Ask 10 different comic readers and you can potentially get 10 different wish lists.

All the major BP rogues were used in the first movie, so at time point I'm not sure it matters that much who Coogler wants to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Except...

Aquaman's success wasn't because "he's an underwater superhero". And it certainly wasn't Momoa's "Aquabro" acting. It was the CGI set pieces.

I'm pretty sure Marvel's effects houses already know how to do those.

I'll be blunt: I have no bloody idea what Coogler will do next. I don't know the man, I don't know how he thinks, and he hasn't dropped any hints.

But I don't understand why almost EVERY idea for BP2 outside this thread (and quite a few inside) is "Marvel will use the second movie to introduce another hero or major villain to the MCU" whether it's Namor, Doom, or whomever they want the 'next Thanos' to be. And yet, I've not seen ANY suggestions of that for the movies that were already announced. Where's the equivalent theory that Namor will show up in Doctor Strange 2? After all, they were both Defenders, right? And they could use Doom too! Triumph & Torment, amirite?

But no, every theory has Strange actually being the star, not just a vehicle to introduce another movie arc. So why in the Hell does BP get treated as a dumping ground for every new guy? Do they think he needs the help? Or that Coogler is so lacking in ideas?

It seems to me that all of these rumors are merely wishful thinking that one favorite arc or another will be adapted... because of all the MCU movies in the last decade, there have been so many. Why, there have been... *carry the 1* 0 adaptations of comic arcs! So naturally the most successuful solo film in the MCU will adapt goddamn DOOMWAR or whatever excuse you have for Namor.

In a few weeks, there's D23. If Feige has any news, it'll be there. It certainly won't be some fly-by-night blog or Youtube channel with "sources" that are probably "that guy at the LCS who says he knows somebody who knows somebody".
    Because first it was "This will be Marvels first flop!, BP is racist I don't see a white knight or klansman!!. Etc" then when BP smashed all expectations (called his opening Numbers and how big he would be, but I digress) then they saw him as the onboarding they would need to get their favorites in on the big money, since BP is bigger then Batman, Spiderman, wolverine, and Superman and they can't take it so they pretend they are fans and want these 'big set pieces' as their reasoning behind getting these characters when the whole reason BP was so big was because it didn't follow the regular formula and asked and tackled hard questions. So Coogler should do that rather then try to follow the formula that may result in less success in order to appease neck beards who are easily out numbered by the aunties MoS mentioned..

I'll take BP in his own corner closed off to the greater MCU all day everyday no problem of it means producing bp1 numbers or more

However, I actually am a BP fan. I read this thread every other day even though I don't comment much. But thank you for your patrol service oh gatekeeper of Black Panther fandom.
    I was agreeing with you.

The same "fans" claiming Namor should be with BP were the same "fans" that said Bucky and the Avengers would be in Black Panther to save the day.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

When Civil War ended with Captain America & crew in Wakanda (and Bucky on ice) there were a whole bunch of predictions that his team would be part of the final battle in Black Panther. That was one of the two theories people were POSITIVE were true (the other being the movie would mostly take place in the US, because they filmed in Atlanta).

Didn't happen, of course, but some fans just love looking for reasons to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I was agreeing with you.

The same "fans" claiming Namor should be with BP were the same "fans" that said Bucky and the Avengers would be in Black Panther to save the day.
    Ah, my apologies then.

Now that you explained that I do remember some saying that Bucky and/or Cap would be in BP to help him out and or save the day on twitter. It gets quite annoying reading the misinformation on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Because first it was "This will be Marvels first flop!, BP is racist I don't see a white knight or klansman!!. Etc"
    Actually, if memory serves, first it was "AGE OF ULTRON has scenes in Wakanda, and it looks like a generic African country!"

(Turned out to be South Africa)

What MoS was talking about was that before we knew anything about the BP movie, there were people on FB and Twitter claiming that Cap, Bucky/ Caps secret Avengers were going to be in the BP movie and help save Wakanda in the end because the scene in CW credits with T'Challa and Cap talking. People were CONVINCED that Tchalla would ask Cap for help and made tons of articles about stupid isht hoping they were right.

Also MoS wasn't directing the second part of his post to you, he was actually talking about the people who come in here posting about other characters or a certain poster who constantly looks for negative Twitter posts.

He ain't bagging on you my man, he was talking about the active ones that are always posting In Here
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-03-2019 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Actually, if memory serves, first it was "AGE OF ULTRON has scenes in Wakanda, and it looks like a generic African country!"

(Turned out to be South Africa)
    Oh yeah! Hulk vs hulk Buster's, African city, ,"Hey it's Wakanda! It's tied to BP!!" Then CW " T'Challa is going to go to the Avengers and ask for help, and need them to save Wakanda!" The Idiocracy was and still is very strong

You know how it goes. Unfans got nothing going on with their faves so they stir up isht in other places.

They're like arsonists, always trying to start a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    After Black Panther are you sure you trust that same CGI team with Atlantis and water VFX

Aquaman was an average movie, but it should have been nominated for VFX.

Just rewatched Endgame they could nail a Valkyrie/Spiderman on a pegasus but BP couldn't nail T'Challa taking down a rhino?

The budget for Namor/Atlantis would require another 100 million dollars.
    You do know know thet were given a few weeks to do VFX wrok that would've taken months to complete

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    You do know know thet were given a few weeks to do VFX wrok that would've taken months to complete
    And on top of that they were given the 2nd rate crew while all of the major teams were working on IW/Endgame.