Page 644 of 709 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 10629
  1. #9646
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is sadly true.

    Speaking of things some people just refuse to get, how about people dogging Wakanda for withholding the cure for cancer and justifying it by saying that if they did give it away, it would only be turned into a weapon by greedy and power-hungry bastards? Given that Norman Osborn, of all people, came up with his own cure for cancer during Dark Reign for the purpose of killing Deadpool by overloading his healing factor, that doesn't sound like Wakanda was that far off the mark, now does it?
    Not the best example, IMO. That was a poorly thought out throw away line. And I'd like to think that T'Challa isn't letting cancer patients die, just so Deadpool can live

  2. #9647
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is sadly true.

    Speaking of things some people just refuse to get, how about people dogging Wakanda for withholding the cure for cancer and justifying it by saying that if they did give it away, it would only be turned into a weapon by greedy and power-hungry bastards? Given that Norman Osborn, of all people, came up with his own cure for cancer during Dark Reign for the purpose of killing Deadpool by overloading his healing factor, that doesn't sound like Wakanda was that far off the mark, now does it?
    It's even more ridiculous when you add in the events that took place before that comment about the cure came up. The first time in who knows how long, Wakanda opens up the possibility of trade, they are immediately met with greed, when T'Chaka says Wakanda won't trade what do the other nations do? Hire an assassin who kills T'Chaka, tries to kill ramonda until T'Challa blows his arm off, then said assassin escapes and is protected by one of the nations and the rest of them? Radio silence in regards to helping Wakanda with any information.. Yet the Wakandans are the assholes for not sharing the cure they came up with??

  3. #9648
    CBB 4 LIFE Mr MajestiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's even more ridiculous when you add in the events that took place before that comment about the cure came up. The first time in who knows how long, Wakanda opens up the possibility of trade, they are immediately met with greed, when T'Chaka says Wakanda won't trade what do the other nations do? Hire an assassin who kills T'Chaka, tries to kill ramonda until T'Challa blows his arm off, then said assassin escapes and is protected by one of the nations and the rest of them? Radio silence in regards to helping Wakanda with any information.. Yet the Wakandans are the assholes for not sharing the cure they came up with??
    That's how Western Imperialism works.

    A whole lot of negative projection and false equivalence..
    Enjoying the camraderie of friends and family is all that matters in the world.

    Mr MajestiK took a short hiatus and the Chaos Bringer was reborn.

  4. #9649
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,745

    Default

    It is good to see T'challa movie with quickness and agility in AoW. Felt like some Don M movements lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  5. #9650
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,745

    Default

    Black Panther will be added to Disney+ on March 4, 2020

    And Pantherjack is on Disney+ as well as all EMH seasons
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  6. #9651
    Astonishing Member Cville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    It is good to see T'challa movie with quickness and agility in AoW. Felt like some Don M movements lol
    Solid issue. That was the most Tchalla centered comic there's been in a long time.

  7. #9652
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,745

    Default

    https://twitter.com/theunclekwesi/st...34549573922816


    CHadwick originally auditioned for Drax lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  8. #9653
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That is sadly true.

    Speaking of things some people just refuse to get, how about people dogging Wakanda for withholding the cure for cancer and justifying it by saying that if they did give it away, it would only be turned into a weapon by greedy and power-hungry bastards? Given that Norman Osborn, of all people, came up with his own cure for cancer during Dark Reign for the purpose of killing Deadpool by overloading his healing factor, that doesn't sound like Wakanda was that far off the mark, now does it?
    Wakanda shouldn't exactly be patting itself on the back for it's foresight there, given the weaponized cure for cancer at this point can only effect literally one person on earth (unless there's someone else out there wtih both cancer and a healing factor). I like Wade as much as the next guy, but if curing the hundred million people suffering from cancer endangers just one guy, I'd argue that's actually a pretty fair trade off.

    Honestly it was a bad unecessary line that was asking for trouble. Hudlin didn't think it through, which is understandable since he was new at this at the time.

  9. #9654
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's even more ridiculous when you add in the events that took place before that comment about the cure came up. The first time in who knows how long, Wakanda opens up the possibility of trade, they are immediately met with greed, when T'Chaka says Wakanda won't trade what do the other nations do? Hire an assassin who kills T'Chaka, tries to kill ramonda until T'Challa blows his arm off, then said assassin escapes and is protected by one of the nations and the rest of them? Radio silence in regards to helping Wakanda with any information.. Yet the Wakandans are the assholes for not sharing the cure they came up with??
    It's no big deal if other nations come off as @$$holes. They're run by nameless faceless people no one cares about. Governments in general, especailly in comics, are run by @$$holes.

    T'CHalla withholding the cure for cancer from the rest of the world is a tougher pill to swallow. Obviously it was T'Chaka at the time... but T'Challa runs things now and cancer still exists, so he's doing the same thing. Putting a superhero in the position where he's the guy withholding the cure from cancer, a discease which basically EVERYONE on earth at least knows someone who is suffering from, probably isn't the best idea in the world. I don't even care that much if Wakanda and T'Chaka look like @$$holes.. but T'Challa to some degree needs to be shielded from that.
    Last edited by XPac; 11-13-2019 at 08:57 AM.

  10. #9655
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther will be added to Disney+ on March 4, 2020

    And Pantherjack is on Disney+ as well as all EMH seasons
    Already scoped that out.

  11. #9656
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Solid issue. That was the most Tchalla centered comic there's been in a long time.
    It's up to Avengers and AoW to get that good BP fix these days.

  12. #9657
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    It's no big deal if other nations come off as @$$holes. They're run by nameless faceless people no one cares about. Governments in general, especailly in comics, are run by @$$holes.

    T'CHalla withholding the cure for cancer from the rest of the world is a tougher pill to swallow. Obviously it was T'Chaka at the time... but T'Challa runs things now and cancer still exists, so he's doing the same thing. Putting a superhero in the position where he's the guy withholding the cure from cancer, a discease which basically EVERYONE on earth at least knows someone who is suffering from, probably isn't the best idea in the world. I don't even care that much if Wakanda and T'Chaka look like @$$holes.. but T'Challa to some degree needs to be shielded from that.
    Yes having the cure for cancer is good, however, a nation that can now weaponize cancer, ontop of then withholding it from their people (because that does happen) becomes a major problem. And again, you can't reasonably expect a nation to give their resources away when atbtue first sign of things not going their way other nations will attempt or successfully assassinate your head of state? Comics or not, Wakanda isnt bad in this situation

  13. #9658
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    28,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yes having the cure for cancer is good, however, a nation that can now weaponize cancer, ontop of then withholding it from their people (because that does happen) becomes a major problem. And again, you can't reasonably expect a nation to give their resources away when atbtue first sign of things not going their way other nations will attempt or successfully assassinate your head of state? Comics or not, Wakanda isnt bad in this situation
    The cure for cancer was weaponized... into a weapon which endangers exactly one person on earth. Wade. Again, I like Wade as much as the next guy, but I think curing a 100 million people more than balances that out. Unless your name happens to be Deadpool, the whole weaponizing cancer thing doesn't seem like that major an issue.

    And honestly I don't expect most nations to give up the cure for cancer. I have no problem with T'CHaka doing it. T'Challa is a different matter.

  14. #9659
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The cure for cancer was weaponized... into a weapon which endangers exactly one person on earth. Wade. Again, I like Wade as much as the next guy, but I think curing a 100 million people more than balances that out. Unless your name happens to be Deadpool, the whole weaponizing cancer thing doesn't seem like that major an issue.

    And honestly I don't expect most nations to give up the cure for cancer. I have no problem with T'CHaka doing it. T'Challa is a different matter.
    Yes a specific weaponized cancer for Wade. Now think for just a second. If there was one made to kill Wade. What makes you think there wouldn't be a VERY simple change made that can therefore give anybody and everybody cancer. That much should be clear. It wouldn't just stop at wade

  15. #9660
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,773

    Default

    Also solid issue for AoW, good to see fast T'Challa again and him making grandmaster chess player moves like a knows a damn thing or two

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •