Page 364 of 744 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414464 ... LastLast
Results 5,446 to 5,460 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The marriage ended when this happened.

Then she went to her friends and said she was unconscious when she left, but the above panel shows she left on her own power. Unless I missed the issue when she got knocked out.

Then after the tidal wave.

Weird that Prof. X calls out Storms name specifically.

All the stuff about Wolverine happens outside a Black Panther comic. Which is the major grip I have. The Xmen side will treat Tchalla like crap while the BP side threats storm with respect. I think they need to be separated until that issue is solved.
    I believe this actually the first time we were informed on the state of their marriage, post Namor.

If that isn’t the summation of cold, callous, and petty behavior then I don’t know what is. Why not grow up and have a bloody conversation like an adult with your wife? What kind of conflict resolution was that? I can fully respect the fact that the writer wasn’t skilled at capturing T’challa’s true voice as a King who is intelligent, honorable, and yet above all things logical but when people are going ignore reality and say that Storm chose to leave him to go back the X-men or act like she disrespected him and left him for Wolverine or other dumb **** like that, it’s time to post some reminders of how things actually went down. You don’t get to throw away a diamond and then get mad when someone else appreciates it like you should have. He relinquished any claims to have legitimate feelings about anything after that. If a husband files for divorce from his wife, does he have a right to feel disrespected when she sees another man the next year? Does he have a right to be upset and attempt to control her actions after he legally and personally cut her out of his life like she was a stone in his shoe and not the woman who fought for him and their country multipleeeeee times before? Nahhh there’s no logic or sense in that argument, whatsoever. T’challa deserved better writing than that and I will defend his character to those who try to say otherwise but this while flipping the switch to blame Storm for everything schtick is so. Damn. Tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    I believe this actually the first time we were informed on the state of their marriage, post Namor.

If that isn’t the summation of cold, callous, and petty behavior then I don’t know what is. Why not grow up and have a bloody conversation like an adult with your wife? What kind of conflict resolution was that? I can fully respect the fact that the writer wasn’t skilled at capturing T’challa’s true voice as a King who is intelligent, honorable, and yet above all things logical but when people are going ignore reality and say that Storm chose to leave him to go back the X-men or act like she disrespected him and left him for Wolverine or other dumb **** like that, it’s time to post some reminders of how things actually went down. You don’t get to throw away a diamond and then get mad when someone else appreciates it like you should have. He relinquished any claims to have legitimate feelings about anything after that. If a husband files for divorce from his wife, does he have a right to feel disrespected when she sees another man the next year? Does he have a right to be upset and attempt to control her actions after he legally and personally cut her out of his life like she was a stone in his shoe and not the woman who fought for him and their country multipleeeeee times before? Nahhh there’s no logic or sense in that argument, whatsoever. T’challa deserved better writing than that and I will defend his character to those who try to say otherwise but this while flipping the switch to blame Storm for everything schtick is so. Damn. Tired.
    That's when it was made official, but when Storm said they were in couples therapy which must of been off panel, it would have been clear where the story was going. I used that picture because when rings are thrown on the ground in dramas its usually a sign the relationship is over. Lol.

All that Wolverine stuff needs to be told to Marvel editoral because I feel safe in saying no one on this thread wanted those scenes to happen either. Its just the example of the one sided treatment.

The marriage ended when this happened.

Then she went to her friends and said she was unconscious when she left, but the above panel shows she left on her own power. Unless I missed the issue when she got knocked out.

Then after the tidal wave.

Weird that Prof. X calls out Storms name specifically.

All the stuff about Wolverine happens outside a Black Panther comic. Which is the major grip I have. The Xmen side will treat Tchalla like crap while the BP side threats storm with respect. I think they need to be separated until that issue is solved.
    Removing your wedding ring doesn't actually end a marriage. T'Challa annulling it us what actually ended it. A mistake he himself will admit to.

Not that Storm herself didn't make her share of mistakes during AvX, they both did. But he made the call to end the marriage without her imput, which is frankly why he needed to fix things when he realized he messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Your also missing the panel when storm goes into Wakanda with an X-Men strike Force and attacks T'Challa in front of the Wakandan people, her people at the time as she is queen, and then leaves with said x men before throwing her Ring on the ground. But that wall of biased text won't show that. Took awhile to go through it, but ultimately it's nonsensical and very much in line with certain fans that rabidly come in here guns hot to act like Storm is the greatest thing to ever happen to the BP mythos when it's clear at this point she just be squatting

Hello, “nonsensical and rabid Storm fan” you are indirectly addressing here. It’s really interesting how you think baiting a character over and over again for things they blatantly didn’t do and then being surprised when those lies are addressed by a fan of said character to be “an invasion rabid fans who think she’s the greatest thing to happen to the BP mythos”. Quite the twist on reality you got there, but let me fill you on the truth really quickly. I love T’challa. I love his franchise, I love his books, I love his mythos and the history of Wakanda. I may be a Storm fan first but I’ve read and enjoyed T’challa’s canon from even before Priest’s run. I think that AvX was a shoddily done story that did a disservice to almost every character involved. Which is why I don’t have any problem ignoring all of the ways they did T’challa dirty with his plan of action in that story. He’s smarter, wiser, and more forward thinking than anything in that trash story led us to believe and would never have agreed to try and trap a cosmic force with a bloody Stark space mouse trap. Literally the equivalent of the Avengers thinking that vibranium became a global threat for some reason and instead of working with the Wakandan government and T’challa and following their lead as the foremost knowledgeable people on the planet about it, just invading Wakanda to try and steal it like morons. That being said, I’ve always been okay with and even supported other BP fans in their frustration with Coates and how he is choosing to go about telling his stories. Hell, I came to your defense when other Storm fans claimed you should just get over it when you felt RIGHTLY slighted at the end of his last run. Most of those people who ****-talked him are banned now and I’m honestly happy for it, because the toxicity of it was not only unwelcome but really just tore everybody down because it was the writer’s who were at fault not these two characters. I fully acknowledge that. But you take it a step too far when you talk down about Ororo as if she is some C grade character that should be honored to grace his franchise. You all know who Ororo Munroe is as a character, as a landmark of the X-men, still the greatest selling comic series of all time, and as a lasting and iconic legacy for Black Women in the world of Marvel comics. JUST like T’challa is for Black Men. Don’t play dumb, it only makes you look ignorant. When you slut shame her, inferring she has dubious morals and questionable loyalty after she decided to do what she thought was right for herself after he discarded their marriage solely based on his own feelings on the matter. Showing that they were never actually a team in his eyes, but she was simply his chosen Queen for his country. When you say she doesn’t care about the Wakandan people because of her loyalties to the X-men, the only family she’s ever known, even after she’s saved them and their King multipleeeeeee times and asked for nothing in return. A people who are naturally xenophobic and gene-racist against mutants, which is beyond unbecoming for supposedly the most “advanced” nation in the world when you equate the allegory of mutancy to real world issues for the LGBT and other disrespected minority communities. No, you can miss me with all of that. Disrespect given is Disrespect earned.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Removing your wedding ring doesn't actually end a marriage. T'Challa annulling it us what actually ended it. A mistake he himself will admit to.

Not that Storm herself didn't make her share of mistakes during AvX, they both did. But he made the call to end the marriage without her imput, which is frankly why he needed to fix things when he realized he messed up.

Exactly this. I don’t know why this is so hard for people to understand.

Exactly this. I don’t know why this is so hard for people to understand.
    And Tchalla deserves a lot of credit too, in that he realized his mistake, admitted it, apologized, and fixed the relationship. So there are no bad guys at this point. They're good.

Hello, “nonsensical and rabid Storm fan” you are indirectly addressing here. It’s really interesting how you think baiting a character over and over again for things they blatantly didn’t do and then being surprised when those lies are addressed by a fan of said character to be “an invasion rabid fans who think she’s the greatest thing to happen to the BP mythos”. Quite the twist on reality you got there, but let me fill you on the truth really quickly. I love T’challa. I love his franchise, I love his books, I love his mythos and the history of Wakanda. I may be a Storm fan first but I’ve read and enjoyed T’challa’s canon from even before Priest’s run. I think that AvX was a shoddily done story that did a disservice to almost every character involved. Which is why I don’t have any problem ignoring all of the ways they did T’challa dirty with his plan of action in that story. He’s smarter, wiser, and more forward thinking than anything in that trash story led us to believe and would never have agreed to try and trap a cosmic force with a bloody Stark space mouse trap. Literally the equivalent of the Avengers thinking that vibranium became a global threat for some reason and instead of working with the Wakandan government and T’challa and following their lead as the foremost knowledgeable people on the planet about it, just invading Wakanda to try and steal it like morons. That being said, I’ve always been okay with and even supported other BP fans in their frustration with Coates and how he is choosing to go about telling his stories. Hell, I came to your defense when other Storm fans claimed you should just get over it when you felt RIGHTLY slighted at the end of his last run. Most of those people who ****-talked him are banned now and I’m honestly happy for it, because the toxicity of it was not only unwelcome but really just tore everybody down because it was the writer’s who were at fault not these two characters. I fully acknowledge that. But you take it a step too far when you talk down about Ororo as if she is some C grade character that should be honored to grace his franchise. You all know who Ororo Munroe is as a character, as a landmark of the X-men, still the greatest selling comic series of all time, and as a lasting and iconic legacy for Black Women in the world of Marvel comics. JUST like T’challa is for Black Men. Don’t play dumb, it only makes you look ignorant. When you slut shame her, inferring she has dubious morals and questionable loyalty after she decided to do what she thought was right for herself after he discarded their marriage solely based on his own feelings on the matter. Showing that they were never actually a team in his eyes, but she was simply his chosen Queen for his country. When you say she doesn’t care about the Wakandan people because of her loyalties to the X-men, the only family she’s ever known, even after she’s saved them and their King multipleeeeeee times and asked for nothing in return. A people who are naturally xenophobic and gene-racist against mutants, which is beyond unbecoming for supposedly the most “advanced” nation in the world when you equate the allegory of mutancy to real world issues for the LGBT and other disrespected minority communities. No, you can miss me with all of that. Disrespect given is Disrespect earned.
    They're not gene racist against mutants. Gentle says as much. They just dont trust outsiders. But once you're in, you're good as shown how they love Ramonda and (Shuri who is equally as much an outsider as Gentle)

That's when it was made official, but when Storm said they were in couples therapy which must of been off panel, it would have been clear where the story was going. I used that picture because when rings are thrown on the ground in dramas its usually a sign the relationship is over. Lol.

All that Wolverine stuff needs to be told to Marvel editoral because I feel safe in saying no one on this thread wanted those scenes to happen either. Its just the example of the one sided treatment.

If anyone understands how it feels to be given then shaft by Marvel/X-men editorial, it’s Storm fans, trust me. The X line has been misusing her characters for so long, it’s hard to remember when they weren’t. So I can see where you’d feel slighted that Storm is getting good treatment in his books while she is getting shafted in the X-books when it seems in a fairness that he should get some shine in her books too. Honestly, I feel like if she had her actual own book, he would get a lot of shine. My question to you though, since you seem like a reasonable guy is how has he been disrespected in the X-books in your opinion? Outside of the AvX mess, that is. Genuinely curious since I hear this gripe all of the time from BP fans and would like to understand more.

If anyone understands how it feels to be given then shaft by Marvel/X-men editorial, it’s Storm fans, trust me. The X line has been misusing her characters for so long, it’s hard to remember when they weren’t. So I can see where you’d feel slighted that Storm is getting good treatment in his books while she is getting shafted in the X-books when it seems in a fairness that he should get some shine in her books too. Honestly, I feel like if she had her actual own book, he would get a lot of shine. My question to you though, since you seem like a reasonable guy is how has he been disrespected in the X-books in your opinion? Outside of the AvX mess, that is. Genuinely curious since I hear this gripe all of the time from BP fans and would like to understand more.
    The most recent I can think of is the Gambit kiss. I believe at that time they were back to dating. Others include(cant think of what titles they're in) Rhodeys' funeral they had Storm throw shade. At the End of Civil War II after Tchalla embarrassed Carol, she says to Storm, "I can't believe you were married to him" and Storm just gives her a hug instead of pushing her off the building. Lol. Also some scene in the Xjet and they were talking about African leaders or something.

The funny thing is while they were married Xmen did respectful work. There was the death of Sabertooth arc they were guest in that was good. A oneshot Wolverine issue where BP asked for a favor. But than AvX comes and you know the rest.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

And Tchalla deserves a lot of credit too, in that he realized his mistake, admitted it, apologized, and fixed the relationship. So there are no bad guys at this point. They're good.
    thank you thank you and thank you again!!! I love you so much!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

which is beyond unbecoming for supposedly the most “advanced” nation in the world .
    Technologically advanced.

They've always been xenophobic. It is their defining trait. Whether it is outright hatred or arrogance, most of the redshirts do not like outsiders.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

They're not gene racist against mutants. Gentle says as much. They just dont trust outsiders. But once you're in, you're good as shown how they love Ramonda and (Shuri who is equally as much an outsider as Gentle)

The Royal family has always shown Ororo love and support, I have no qualms with them. It is what has been presented as the mentality of the Wakandan people themselves that I draw issue with. And they have been very much presented in different storylines that I’ve seen as being anti-mutant.

Attachment 83767

Attachment 83769

Attachment 83770

I’m fine with this. It’s what I want as well, but some people just love scrounging up trouble from the past.

The Royal family has always shown Ororo love and support, I have no qualms with them. It is what has been presented as the mentality of the Wakandan people themselves that I draw issue with. And they have been very much presented in different storylines that I’ve seen as being anti-mutant.

Attachment 83767

Attachment 83769

Attachment 83770
    Can you make the Wolverine one bigger, it's the only one I don't recognize, but these go hand in hand with your question earlier. These are from X books. One is XRed and the other is XWorlds Apart.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Technologically advanced.

They've always been xenophobic. It is their defining trait. Whether it is outright hatred or arrogance, most of the redshirts do not like outsiders.
    I actually think this is smart. being accepting of outsiders hsvent helped the other indigenous people of the world. just saying
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!