Page 460 of 744 FirstFirst ... 360410450456457458459460461462463464470510560 ... LastLast
Results 6,886 to 6,900 of 11160

I really want to see T’Challa and Nick Fury interact. They could have an interesting dynamic.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    One thing I'm really interested to see with Ross is how America (and the West as a whole) will play into the BP franchise going forward. Coogler's biggest influence is Priest and he didn't shy away from showing America's imperialist ambitions and paranoia with regards to Wakanda. Neither did Hudlin, who's also a big influence. Hell even now America's in a rough spot with the Avengers since T'Challa is leading them with the full resources of the kingdom at their disposal.

We saw a bit of this in BP when Ross was on the mission in South Korea to purchase the vibranium Klaw had stolen. And the whole issue of bringing him to Wakanda to save his life. But will America's response to T'Challa be as antagonistic as it's been in the comics? I don't know if Disney is gonna wanna show America in such a negative light. They might settle for some kind of proxy, like a handful of politicians against the kingdom rather than the entire government. Or they'll ignore that aspect entirely.

But if they wanna focus on the global response to Wakanda and follow up on the concerns floated in the first film, that's definitely a plot point to explore.
    If Disney is getting mutants, Disney will show America TO SOME DEGREE in a negative light. Heck, it didn't seem all that great in the later 2 Captain America movies. There's always a few shadowy people in government who end up on the wrong side of the super heroes for one reason or another.

That said, so far so good. In what little we've seen of Wakanda in End Game they seemingly had a good working relationship with the US and whoever else Black Widow was working with. Of course that can always change.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I really want to see T’Challa and Nick Fury interact. They could have an interesting dynamic.
    Fury brought the Avengers together last time around. It wouldn't be all that shocking if he did again. He already has developed somewhat of a working relationship with Spider-Man and Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Hopefully they'll have Ross crack a joke or two. Ross is literally the one character in all of the MCU without a sense of humor for some reason.
    Martin Freeman mentioned that he told Ryan that he didn't want to do the funny loser white sidekick to the cool black guy thing because it's been done before and Ryan agreed. I don't think MCU Ross has to be a loser like comic Ross but he does need to be more funnier when teamed up with T'Challa's straight man.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Martin Freeman mentioned that he told Ryan that he didn't want to do the funny loser white sidekick to the cool black guy thing because it's been done before and Ryan agreed. I don't think MCU Ross has to be a loser like comic Ross but he does need to be more funnier when teamed up with T'Challa's straight man.
    I'd certainly agree Ross doesn't need to be a loser. But giving him a bit more personality, and making him someone who can play off T'Challa a bit better certainly wouldn't hurt. As it stands, Freeman is almost somewhat wasted on the character.

Sounds like perfect set up for MEPHISTO!!!!!

(or, more likely, the movie will stay political)

You could heal turn Ross if you wanted to rather easily.....
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Sounds like perfect set up for MEPHISTO!!!!!

(or, more likely, the movie will stay political)

You could heal turn Ross if you wanted to rather easily.....
    I wouldn't turn him EVIL or anything... but it's certainly possible he could turn anti-Wakanda despite his good relationship with T'Challa.

As far as we know, he's the only non-Wakandan that knows that Wakanda came within an eye lash of basically starting World War 3. He can legitimately go back and tell his superiors that Wakanda was a security threat to the entire world. So there's material there to justifiably make Ross and the US government believably a problem for Wakanda down the line if they want to go that route.

Incredible Member

Ross is a pathetic Character and created for a dumb ass reason..

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Another city in Wakanda or in the US? I like the idea of Shuri holding her own title, but I'm kinda lost on what I'd like to see from her as far as concepts. I don't think having the same skillset as T'Challa is the right recipe for success but being all about tech feels like a soft retcon. The mystic angle honestly felt pretty organic considering her death and revival. And it's not something T'Challa's really interested in with his distrust of magic. Coates just botched it by making it a plot device. Her solo (what I read at least) gave it some depth and I kinda wish it stayed around.
    Yes. Remember the movie version was suppose to oversea Wakanda's USA investment and programs. So if you were to take her and set her up in say Dallas. You now have her in a new place that does not have a ton of villains or heroes for her to do whatever. If you want to get mystical-have her in New Orleans.

And in the bitter book today-a certain fandom is mad about that Humberto Ramos poster with Carol, BP, Peter, Tony & Steve in it. Black Panther is on there for a diversity and FORCED angle instead of his ex-wife or someone from her team.

I guess 3 Oscars and a billion dollar film and producing a successful black male isn't successful to some.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes. Remember the movie version was suppose to oversea Wakanda's USA investment and programs. So if you were to take her and set her up in say Dallas. You now have her in a new place that does not have a ton of villains or heroes for her to do whatever. If you want to get mystical-have her in New Orleans.

And in the bitter book today-a certain fandom is mad about that Humberto Ramos poster with Carol, BP, Peter, Tony & Steve in it. Black Panther is on there for a diversity and FORCED angle instead of his ex-wife or someone from her team.

I guess 3 Oscars and a billion dollar film and producing a successful black male isn't successful to some.
    Which thread is it? I need fill my pimp cup with tears today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I had ZERO problem with Shuri as Queen of Wakanda for the simple fact that she was 100% pro-Wakanda and totally dedicated to the protection of her people in a thoroughly unambiguous manner.

Post Hudlin, T'Challa has been utterly meh.
    I had no issue's with Shuri either. The problem is that she still felt like a supporting cast member to T'Challa even though I'm guessing Hudlin was trying to make her a more standalone character as well as keep her from limbo world

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    I get his reason for being around at the time priest was writing BP, however, as the stories progressed it would of been nice if he started to take a lesser role and used to keep us From fully knowing what T'Challa was thinking, without becoming the main character instead

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Eh, using him to create mystique was clever.

Using him to make T'challa more palatable is somewhat understandable givent he comic landscape but pathetic in hindsight.

Stories still good though so *shrug* lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I had no issue's with Shuri either. The problem is that she still felt like a supporting cast member to T'Challa even though I'm guessing Hudlin was trying to make her a more standalone character as well as keep her from limbo world
    He should have never had her replace T'Challa, that wasn't a smart decision that only makes it worse for the replacement in the end. From the start more should've been done to distinguish herself from her brother like making her a magic user from the beginning and she should've have had connections to other heroes that were her own and not because other heroes needed her brother and their resources .

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I get his reason for being around at the time priest was writing BP, however, as the stories progressed it would of been nice if he started to take a lesser role and used to keep us From fully knowing what T'Challa was thinking, without becoming the main character instead
    Ross doesn't really have a presence in the comics. His last appearance was the BP annual and before that he basically had cameos with little to no interactions with T'Challa.
    Last edited by KingNomarch; 08-17-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    He should have never had her replace T'Challa, that wasn't a smart decision that only makes it worse for the replacement in the end. From the start more should've been done to distinguish herself from her brother like making her a magic user from the beginning and she should've have had connections to other heroes that were her own and not because other heroes needed her brother and their resources .

Ross doesn't really have a presence in the comics. His last appearance was the BP annual and before that he basically had cameos with little to no interactions with T'Challa.
    The thing is, having Shuri become BP actually ended up working as far as establishing Shuri. It FORCED writers to keep using her, which is something that's almost never the case with brand new supporting cast members. If Shuri wasn't Black Panther, she probably wouldn't have gotten her own mini Klaws of the Panther. And it's entirely possible she would not have shown up in AvX or Hickmans New Avengers. Becuase she was he official BP and the actual ruler of Wakanda, any writer wanting to do anything with Wakanda basically HAD to use her.

Though Hudlin initially did a fairly poor job using Shuri (I barely remember her even showing up to T'Challa's freaking wedding), on his way out he definately stacked the deck in her favor. T'Challa arguably took a small hit because of it, but it worked out in the end beneficial to the mythos as a whole.