Page 590 of 692 FirstFirst ... 90490540580586587588589590591592593594600640690 ... LastLast
Results 8,836 to 8,850 of 10379
  1. #8836
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Chillax Ezyo-daddy-O.
    I was being a tad facetious and mostly silly, as...per Coates, Storm is still in some sort of relationship with T'Challa, while she's very present and active in HiX-Man's X-Men and Marauders (and not taking into account the disparate time frames in which each story occurs).
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  2. #8837
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I figured you would bring that minor detail up lolol
    My friend, I totally agree with you.

    You're right, re-launch and new writer!

  3. #8838
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah Its like rise. If it can stabilize quickly that will be the key. I'm also under the impression still that had this come out first (same as rise) rather than BP wow, and crew, and lltk, and those other ishtty spin offs, it would be higher.

    I will forever be salty about those decisions
    Anything that came out under the Coates umbrella was a negative except Rise.

    Fortunately, Zub ignored that mess and chose to pick up on Aaron's Avengers.

  4. #8839
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    They used to say the same about black superhero films…
    Yeah I think this isn't a thing anymore and a crutch/ excuse people just won't let go of. Ishtty writer is a ishtty writer. Difference with a black man/women writing a black character is that they should know better

  5. #8840
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Chillax Ezyo-daddy-O.
    I was being a tad facetious and mostly silly, as...per Coates, Storm is still in some sort of relationship with T'Challa, while she's very present and active in HiX-Man's X-Men and Marauders (and not taking into account the disparate time frames in which each story occurs).
    it's already been a thing that she's been a solution and Wakanda needs to be shown in it's glory

  6. #8841
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    I'm ready for a new writer on BP too. While i like some of Coate's moments and what he is trying to do, i can't lie and say overall it isn't boring to me. I mean i get what he's doing, I honestly do, but i think it would work better in a creator owned graphic novel. I feel he has done what he can to expand the world of Wakanda but for Tchalla in particular i would like to hear a different voice. Coates would be amazing on a Storm solo and her concepts i think would fit better to his writing style. JMO though.

    That said, what he intended to do did work for me because i'm at least interested in Tchalla now but from his title i can't say i know Tchalla if that makes sense.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  7. #8842
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    I agree, entirely.
    But I also believe that once Coates is on this book..."glory" is something we will never see. If ever there's a Krakoa/Wakanda confrontation I can just see him using Storm in an extreme way just to score additional points. (In theory it will make sense IF they're still officially a couple but...execution-wise...enh!)

    (I fully believe that HiX-Man has no real intent to pursue any such confrontation...at least not so early in his run...It might come up in Duggan's Marauders but it might still be too early for any such cross-overs).
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  8. #8843
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm ready for a new writer on BP too. While i like some of Coate's moments and what he is trying to do, i can't lie and say overall it isn't boring to me. I mean i get what he's doing, I honestly do, but i think it would work better in a creator owned graphic novel. I feel he has done what he can to expand the world of Wakanda but for Tchalla in particular i would like to hear a different voice. Coates would be amazing on a Storm solo and her concepts i think would fit better to his writing style. JMO though.

    That said, what he intended to do did work for me because i'm at least interested in Tchalla now but from his title i can't say i know Tchalla if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I agree, entirely.
    But I also believe that once Coates is on this book..."glory" is something we will never see. If ever there's a Krakoa/Wakanda confrontation I can just see him using Storm in an extreme way just to score additional points. (In theory it will make sense IF they're still officially a couple but...execution-wise...enh!)

    (I fully believe that HiX-Man has no real intent to pursue any such confrontation...at least not so early in his run...It might come up in Duggan's Marauders but it might still be too early for any such cross-overs).
    They should have given Storm a team/solo book where they could explore some of the concepts raised in BP.

    I mentioned it before. Coates is doing great things for Storm but once he leaves BP, I don't see the next writer following up on any of that.

  9. #8844
    Fantastic Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Coates will be appreciated in time.

    Hudlin's run is an example of people's appreciation growing over time.

  10. #8845
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates will be appreciated in time.

    Hudlin's run is an example of people's appreciation growing over time.
    By whom?
    the 16, 000 (or less depending on actual readership sales) readers he has now?
    Chances are greater that after he leaves...it will be either forgotten or completely ignored.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  11. #8846
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    They should have given Storm a team/solo book where they could explore some of the concepts raised in BP.

    I mentioned it before. Coates is doing great things for Storm but once he leaves BP, I don't see the next writer following up on any of that.
    Or at the very least instead of shuri as a companion book why not have storm do a companion book. Coated could write it. I would much rather the main marvel u take control of storm's solo than the x-line. That way those stories we can focus on her time in wakanda or if she comes to help and show it from her perspective in her book while still giving tchalla shine in his own. If they are serious about this relationship they both need theirnown book each character just consists of too much.

    Marvel has the rights now if they want them to be a power couple now is the time. And the way to prove that is for them both to have a book of their own where it's clear in both they are together but have a lot of responsibilities
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  12. #8847
    Extraordinary Member Ezyo1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates will be appreciated in time.

    Hudlin's run is an example of people's appreciation growing over time.
    Bruh. What are you talking about? Hudlins an example of a controversial run (in a good way) getting criminally overlooked despite his take being just as important and monumental in the MCU movie being so good. Yet when people talk about bp writers, it's priest, McGregor and frakking Coates. Priest and Hudlin were ahead of their time. But unlike priest, Hudlin said IDGAF about catering to a certain demographic. BP abd Wakanda will kick anyone's asses who try to front

  13. #8848
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Coates will be appreciated in time.

    Hudlin's run is an example of people's appreciation growing over time.
    Are you joking? Seriously?

    Out the gate Hudlin, had overwhelming support among BP fans. It wasn't a "years later, we appreciate what Hudlin did."

  14. #8849
    Be Seeing You… DigiCom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Are you joking? Seriously?

    Out the gate Hudlin, had overwhelming support among BP fans. It wasn't a "years later, we appreciate what Hudlin did."
    Well, in all fairness, I wasn't a Hudlin fan at the beginning, but that had more to do with the way that he utterly trashed Priest's status quo (there were extenuating circumstances that I learned about later) than actual quality concerns. I warmed up to him later.

  15. #8850
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Or at the very least instead of shuri as a companion book why not have storm do a companion book. Coated could write it. I would much rather the main marvel u take control of storm's solo than the x-line. That way those stories we can focus on her time in wakanda or if she comes to help and show it from her perspective in her book while still giving tchalla shine in his own. If they are serious about this relationship they both need theirnown book each character just consists of too much.

    Marvel has the rights now if they want them to be a power couple now is the time. And the way to prove that is for them both to have a book of their own where it's clear in both they are together but have a lot of responsibilities
    No, I don't agree with dropping a Shuri book. They can do a Storm book fine but don't drop Shuri to make room for it, she's just as important.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •