Page 370 of 744 FirstFirst ... 270320360366367368369370371372373374380420470 ... LastLast
Results 5,536 to 5,550 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope the HSH isn't gone for good. I think it's a weak plot-point to pursue just because I feel like someone in Wakanda should have thought about keeping some extra stock of it somewhere else.
    I don't think it's gone. Just the easy access to it, I bet it grows out in the wild just like in the comics, however, the garden just made it easier for challenge day/ coronation day

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I hope the HSH isn't gone for good. I think it's a weak plot-point to pursue just because I feel like someone in Wakanda should have thought about keeping some extra stock of it somewhere else.
    I assume the only reason the got rid of it is so they could do some sort of story to get it back. It's a plant to it's as easy or as hard as they want it to be to return. If they want it back without any fuss, they can simply say they had some hidden away. But if they want T'Challa to go on some epic quest to get it, they can do that too.

But one has to wonder why Wakanda doesn't have a small army of Black Panthers, if all it takes is that herb. Maybe they had it destroyed just so T'Challa will be one of a kind. Because once Wakanda starts getting invaded by alien invaders, the idea of having just one Black Panther might start to sound a bit antiquated.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Phylicia Rashad is the only choice. Mother of a generation. lol
    A fitting choice, since she was once Chadwick Boseman's mentor. https://www.diversityinc.com/phylici...g-way-wakanda/

The only right answer is Mephisto

MEPHISTO

Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    The only right answer is Mephisto

MEPHISTO

And Chadwick did say his favorite BP moment from the comics was when T’Challa got souls of all the previous BP’s to attack Mephisto. Personally I think he should be saved for the final film in the trilogy. Having Achebe as the villain in the second film would be a good way to set him up.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    And Chadwick did say his favorite BP moment from the comics was when T’Challa got souls of all the previous BP’s to attack Mephisto. Personally I think he should be saved for the final film in the trilogy. Having Achebe as the villain in the second film would be a good way to set him up.
    The fact that both Ghost Rider and Hellstrom are getting shows on Hulu makes me think that Mephisto will end up on the TV end of things rather than the MCU. That said, it's a shared universe so maybe we'll start seeing more cross over in the future. It would be cool if Mephisto was used in both.

Still you can make an arguement that the Lion God might work better than Mephisto.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The fact that both Ghost Rider and Hellstrom are getting shows on Hulu makes me think that Mephisto will end up on the TV end of things rather than the MCU. That said, it's a shared universe so maybe we'll start seeing more cross over in the future. It would be cool if Mephisto was used in both.

Still you can make an arguement that the Lion God might work better than Mephisto.
    Damn forgot about those. But then again, Jarvis showed up in Endgame so I think that could be a sign that Marvel is warming up to the idea of tv characters showing up in the films.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Damn forgot about those. But then again, Jarvis showed up in Endgame so I think that could be a sign that Marvel is warming up to the idea of tv characters showing up in the films.
    They probably could just use Dormammu too. He already debuted in Dr. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They probably could just use Dormammu too. He already debuted in Dr. Strange.
    Nah, Dormammu is strictly Dr. Stranges villain. Mephisto is the kind of villain that finds time to mess with multiple heroes so he’d be a more fitting choice.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Nah, Dormammu is strictly Dr. Stranges villain. Mephisto is the kind of villain that finds time to mess with multiple heroes so he’d be a more fitting choice.
    I certainly HOPE there's more synergy in marvel moving foreward. I'll admit part of me was hoping that when those portals were opening in ENd Game we'd see the Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, and the Defenders show up. It was a completely unrealistic expectation... but I couldn't help but hope for it.

Maybe in the future we'll get more. He SHOULD show up in Black Panther and Dr. Strange too.

Get Achebe and the supremacists. You have your intellectual villain to challenge T'Challas mission statement, and you got the muscle to pose a threat to help Achebe achieve his goals and threaten T'Challa physically

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Phylicia Rashad is the only choice. Mother of a generation. lol
    if madge Sinclair was still alive she would definitely be my first pick.

also seeing a lot of good ideas for villains. I think a God of some sort that wished to corrupt bast or maybe destroy wakanda would be a good villain. I will be curious to see what villain(s) is finally chosem
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

I'm sorry, but if its between Achebe and Namor? Namor all the way.

I just don't feel like Achebe would be an appealing enough villain in a post-Thanos/Phase 4 MCU. I'm not thinking from the perspective of a die-hard BP fan, rather a cbm/blockbuster film fan and with global audiences in mind. You have the sequel to one of the biggest superhero films of all time, you want to up the ante in every category.

With Namor, you get the promise of a bigger scale, spectacle, greater feats for T'Challa/Wakanda.etc. Plus, it's an easier sell even to people who are just learning about Namor for the first time. It's essentially BP vs. MCU Aquaman. Even a lot of folks who hated/disappointed with the first film will be back on board.

Heck, you can still throw Achebe in there as the mastermind that incites the conflict between Wakanda and Atlantis.

-

We interrupt your regularly scheduled "Squatting" to bring you the following news...

Flex Hectic reaches post #1000!

To celebrate this milestone achievement I promised to feature my only son in a Black Panther tribute!

This is Dineo which means "Gift" in my wife's native language of South Africa which was heavily featured in the Black Panther movie!

Attachment 83795

Attachment 83796

Attachment 83797

Please say hello to "Discount T'chadwick Boseman" who has dreams of one day portraying a young Azari (son of BP and Storm) similar to that depicted in The Next Avengers cartoon.

I'm trying to tell dude that most of us true Black Panther fans aint pheeling the T'challa/Ororo Squatter's Row relationship but young Padawans be like that some times!

Note: If you zoom in on the hands you can see both the Kimoyo beads as well as the "Grandfather's ring" shown in the movie!

If you raise your children to be super heroes they may actually turn out to look the part in real life... Even if they still can't hang with their pops on the bench press or the squat rack but that vertical jump though!

My wife does drink a lot of tea (HSH perhaps) and add that to the dominant African gene and the conspiracy plot thickens...

Oh yeah... That video is part of our "super hero workout initiative" because the month of July is about to be SICK!

EXCELSIOR!!!
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I'm sorry, but if its between Achebe and Namor? Namor all the way.

I just don't feel like Achebe would be an appealing enough villain in a post-Thanos/Phase 4 MCU. I'm not thinking from the perspective of a die-hard BP fan, rather a cbm/blockbuster film fan and with global audiences in mind. You have the sequel to one of the biggest superhero films of all time, you want to up the ante in every category.

With Namor, you get the promise of a bigger scale, spectacle, greater feats for T'Challa/Wakanda.etc. Plus, it's an easier sell even to people who are just learning about Namor for the first time. It's essentially BP vs. MCU Aquaman. Even a lot of folks who hated/disappointed with the first film will be back on board.

Heck, you can still throw Achebe in there as the mastermind that incites the conflict between Wakanda and Atlantis.

-
    You are going to run into a group fans who favor use more traditional black panther villains than anyone outside of wide scope that group. With the thinking being Black Panther doesn't need outside help to boost him up and it is better in the long run to improve the core group of villains of Black Panther. Basically if the writers do there job Achebe can be as big as Namor and with M'Baku,Klaw, and Killmonger all being excellent and basically household names to those who have watch the movie they have good reason to think that way.

I can see both side of the argument,Now everytime I see Achebe I see the freaking Sock puppet and wonder WTF are BP fans thinking but M'Baku was also pretty garbage imo and they reworked him into something pretty amazing so I don't see why the same thing couldn't happen. In the past I might have favored Dr Doom or Namor for the sure fire star power but now I think I more favor stuff that help Black Panther overall health. I think the BP movie and cartoon have done amazing job at fixing the weakest area of Black Panther as a character. I actually think that leaning on Black Panther rogue gallery and reworking them in other media generally means that they get reworked in the comics. Which elevates the BP more in general. Look at this way if it is going to be so big why not do seperate Black Panther vs Namor film, So Black Panther 1,2,3 AND special cross over film. That is an extra film with Black Panther as a mini event I mean Civil War could easily been called Avengers movie. I believe it has been said Marvel is moving away from the long super connected narrative smaller shorter stuff so we will get more films like Civil War than stuff like Infinity War/Endgame.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 06-25-2019 at 03:59 AM.