Page 357 of 744 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 11160

A sequel might need a new cinematographer. Rachel Morrison will be directing a movie written by Barry Jenkins. If she's unable to do it I'm curious as to who would replace her.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post

BLACK PANTHER #16

TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A) • COVER BY
    Daniel Acuña & CAFU

THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA - TWO THOUSAND SEASONS part 4
    N’Jadaka’s revenge! T’Challa thought he had rid himself of the Intergalactic Empire and its despotic ruler — but he forgot he was tangling with a god. And now, the Empire knows how to reach Wakanda Prime. Has T’Challa learned what it means to be king just in time to lose his kingdom?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    LOL this story got dragged way the hell out to the point of it being comical how many issues there are with absolutely nothing happening. Consolidated this is probably about 6-8 issues of actual story. And that's being generous

Incredible Member

Sounds like 2022 will be the earliest for BP2.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Thing os, apparently his Cap book is actually really good and it's miles better then his BP run. For all his talk of reparations and criticism for how Black people were treated, he treats Wakanda and Africans like trash
    This is very true lol. Why, Coates, why???

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Coates is Black American. He mainly focuses and writes on issues affecting people in his own country. It's probably easier for him to wrap himself around American characters especially ones steeped in American politics like Cap is. It's practically his wheelhouse.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    Sounds like 2022 will be the earliest for BP2.
    Not necessarily.

Coogler didn't start on the script for BP until fall of 2016 and they started filming in January 2017.

He's doing the outline now. Its possible he works on the script in fall of 2019 and starts filming in 2020.

I do wonder how the schedules for the other actors and now DP sets up.

Iron Man Annual #5
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

Iron Man Annual #5
    IIRC this might be one of 2 fights where T'Challa outright beats Killmonger.

McGregor had T'Challa get owned twice with the second ending with a kid saving him and killing Killmonger. Priest had him lose after getting distracted by Ross. Under Hudlin it looked like Killmonger was about to win until Monica killed him (although T'Challa said he had everything under control). Then there was the fight in a Daredevil series in the early 90s I think where T'Challa beat him but a building or something fell on Killmonger and killed him. I feel like there was another fight that involved Daredevil but I can't remember if it was Killmonger in the armor or not.

McGregor had T'Challa get owned twice with the second ending with a kid saving him and killing Killmonger. Priest had him lose after getting distracted by Ross. Under Hudlin it looked like Killmonger was about to win until Monica killed him (although T'Challa said he had everything under control). Then there was the fight in a Daredevil series in the early 90s I think where T'Challa beat him but a building or something fell on Killmonger and killed him. I feel like there was another fight that involved Daredevil but I can't remember if it was Killmonger in the armor or not.
    Hudlin and Priest apparently still consider Killmonger undefeated. I assume zombie Killmonger doesn't count in their eyes since he was just a resurrected body by other villains.

Its a technicality, though I do think a fair one by BP writers. If Killmonger gets beat it should be built up properly in a BP story.

Though its sort of funny that Shuri beats Killmonger when they meet in Rise.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Not necessarily.

Coogler didn't start on the script for BP until fall of 2016 and they started filming in January 2017.

He's doing the outline now. Its possible he works on the script in fall of 2019 and starts filming in 2020.

I do wonder how the schedules for the other actors and now DP sets up.
    Cole also worked on the writing. I dunno if he's collaborating on this one or if Coogler's doing the whole thing solo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    If anybody has an incentive to write for trade its this guy.

Extraordinary Member

Iron Man Annual #5
    That was a great story.

Iron Man annual #5

Over the Edge #6

BP movie round 2 lol

Took L's in McGregor, Priest, Hudlin, BP movie round 1, and then Rise was a stalemate of sorts

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...illmonger.html

(humblebrag, I was in the person in this thread that broke the "tchalla neve rbeat killmonger" myth lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Iron Man annual #5

Over the Edge #6

BP movie round 2 lol

Took L's in McGregor, Priest, Hudlin, BP movie round 1, and then Rise was a stalemate of sorts

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...illmonger.html

(humblebrag, I was in the person in this thread that broke the "tchalla neve rbeat killmonger" myth lol)
    Is it weird that it happens in other heroes comics that aren't even part of that heroes main storyline?

It's like finding out Batman killed the Joker in a Geen Arrow annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Is it weird that it happens in other heroes comics that aren't even part of that heroes main storyline?

It's like finding out Batman killed the Joker in a Geen Arrow annual.
    I think that's a big part of the reason why Priest and later Hudlin basically didn't count them. Lord only knows if Hudlin was even aware of Over the Edge since it was such an obscure title, but Priest probably did his homework so I don't think it was a mistake on his part when he says Killmonger never lost. Killmonger is a BP character, so if he's going to take the L it should ideally be in an actual BP story where it can be properly milked rather than a random one shot.

Various Starlin and Doom writers did the same thing in the past. Sometimes you retcon things to protect a villain.