Page 561 of 744 FirstFirst ... 61461511551557558559560561562563564565571611661 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I've never heard of any herb other than the HSH so I'm not sure what the director was smoking when the said that.

As for the other parts of your excellent post, it goes without saying that comparing Coates trainwreck of a BP run to anything else BP related, is an excercise in self inflicted torture.

Coates garbage take on T'Challa, Wakanda and the entire BP mythos, is fully indicative of a writer whose entire playbook revolves around exploring his ideas on dysfunction, gender/orientation conflicts and every other negative viewpoint he has about Africa as viewed through his ignorant eyes.

He can't put aside his own jaundiced views as regards Africa long enough to share the sense of wonder that inspired Jack Kirby and Stan Lee to come up with T'Challa and Wakanda all the way back in 1966.

He lacks the professionalism that Priest brought with him, to work on a character he wasn't particularly excited about writing at first before going on to become the writer best known for bringing T_Challabback from creative limbo.

Coates lacks the emotional depth and ability to recognise the importance of strong representation of black excellence within speculative fiction as was the case during Reginald Hudlin's full on in your face swaggerlicious T'Challa who was about his business 24/7 straight no chaser.

And when it comes to writing a compelling main character, David Liss's depowered Black Panther would've have out thought, run rings around and thoroughly beaten Coates fully powered up Black Panther (in name only) like a violently abused piñata.

At the end of the day, the nonsense will continue apace because there'll always be a market for the stereotypical portrayals of African dysfunction that Coates "Twelve Years A Slave" take on the BP mythos, caters to.

It is what it is.
    Can i just say your break down of each writer who penned BP and the honorifics you give them are top notch brotha Maj. Especially the one about Hudlin since he gets criminally overlooked while Coates gets asspat's for days

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Can i just say your break down of each writer who penned BP and the honorifics you give them are top notch brotha Maj. Especially the one about Hudlin since he gets criminally overlooked while Coates gets asspat's for days
    Brother Ezyo, I'm humbled and honoured by your appreciation.

I totally agree with you as regards the way in which some choose to overlook Reginald Hudlin's contributions to the BP mythos.

Hell! I'm about to go back and edit my post to give Maberry props too. Lol!

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The Black Panther 2 movie is coming out. Period. Doesn't matter to me what comes out before it. If people get caught up in these kinds of nit-picky things, then they're going to miserable.
    I say this because BP 2 is a long time away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    I say this because BP 2 is a long time away.
    Yeah but remember, we didn't think we'd get a BP1.

This gives them time to get things right again.

BANNED

Or mess things up if any of Coates rubbish makes into Coogler's head.

Or mess things up if any of Coates rubbish makes into Coogler's head.
    It hasn't happened in the first movie(farce push aside) so I don't think it will.

I just hope to have a new writer when the second movie comes out.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Do you really need four years to get thing right?

I guess we should be thankful they're not taking 8-10 years. I feel like we'll be on Doctor Strange 3 before we get BP 2 sometimes.

Sometimes you do. Ask DC what rushing out movies has done for them.

Why does it matter if Spider-Man comes out before BP2? Is that going to lessen whatever BP does?

I just don't see a conspiracy here.

Most people posting in this thread, are fully aware of political and social issues that occasionally crop up within T'Challa and Steve's respective.

Said folks are also aware that only one of those books is being written properly.

You my friend, will get a No prize for guessing which one.
    This site just isn't the same without one of its OG's posted up in the shadows one shotting the wack concepts suspect writers, creators and posters try to put on the Wakanda's King! Glad to see you're here Maj!!

Black Panther II: A Nation Under Our Feet

Lol this board will explode the day this gets announced.

Yes and no.

Empire Strikes Back came out 3 years after the first and is hailed as the best Star Wars movie, while Terminator 2 came out 7 years after the first and is hailed as the best Terminator film out there.

It all depends on the director in how fast they can make something great and in Coogler's case, he seems like a slower paced director that takes time.
    Last edited by Dboi654; 09-28-2019 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dboi654 View Post
    Black Panther II: A Nation Under Our Feet

Lol this board will explode the day this gets announced.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    This site just isn't the same without one of its OG's posted up in the shadows one shotting the wack concepts suspect writers, creators and posters try to put on the Wakanda's King! Glad to see you're here Maj!!
    I'm glad to be back once again amongst my fellow appreciates of all things Wakandan.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Whatever Marvel has planned for the 2099-Verse I hope they ignore the 2099 BP stuff from before and start from scratch.

This is what they should look like by then:

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Honestly BP 2099 should probably go full transhumanism. I'd expect a BP of that time to be cybernetic or a cyborg of sorts (not like Cyborg though cause he sucks).

BP right now can already look like this. That's the thing about being a technologically advanced nation in a fictional universe. You can go futuristic already, and that's what Wakanda is. A nation of tribal customs with futuristic tech. BP 2099 needs to be extra futuristic to keep that idea going, or else it just feels like the rest of the world caught up.
    Hmm, speaking of futuristic tech, I'm thinking Wakanda 2099 could supplement or combine the Heart-Shaped Herb with a vibranium-laced nanite-based bio-augmentation package, and a vibranium exoskeleton designed primarily for agility and stealth a la Metal Gear Solid's Cyborg Ninja could be the standard Panther Habit in 2099.
    The spider is always on the hunt.