Page 388 of 744 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Every single thread on Reddit and most on twitter reacts the exact same way. Some even here prefer Civil War T'Challa. The poster was wrong for the BET comment. However, we do need BOSS LEVEL T'Challa.

Black Panther is one of the greatest comic book movies of all time. However, T'Challa seems like he's the 4th or 5th reason people bring it up. Coogler is a genius, but he needs to fall in love with the character. Not just the setting/Wakanda.

I think there's plenty of flaws in Civil War. However, I did get the sense the Russos loved T'Challa. There might have been mistakes (Hawkeye/Black Widow) but overall I felt the love.

Its why the world was so hyped for Black Panther. T'Challa stole Civil War. He needs to steal Black Panther 2.
    Russo's loved T'Challa? IW and EG would like some words in terms of getting the character. Coogler killed it. There's a reason why BP hit 1B and 700mil and is the biggest solo super hero movie of all time (guess what, it's not because of the Russo's)

You seriously search and search for the negative commenters and give them more exposure by spreading this around in a chicken little sort of way. I guarantee you that you will have a much easier time finding people who love the character.

I challenge you, for one week simply post tweets of people who love MCU T'Challa, I bet you will find way more posts of that then this negative stuff

I love Coogler as a director, but I can't say with 100% certainty he wouldn't have had Okoye or Shuri doing that.

All you have to do read the Editors of Black Panther article where they had to keep reminding Coogler that T'Challa doesn't make enough decisions. The had to reshoot the train fight for him to figure out that the suits can be disabled and he can stop Killmonger.

I hate to sound like Christopher Priest as Coogler is my favorite director in Hollywood. However, the sequel is critical in terms of T'Challa. We just saw the rumor of how Marvel is thinking about Shuri as BP. That should never happen. He needs momentum. There needs to be a clear reason why he should always wear the suit. Because HE'S SPECIAL.
    where do you even get this stuff??

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    THIS...I love post. It seemed like there was a slow creep in the wrong direction from the Civil War version of T'challa. I kind of wish that Coogler could get a writer that would give the movie the fight sequence and staging comparable to Winter Soldier.
    I can compare what T'Challa did in his solo vs in CW and he's way stronger and smarter in his own movie vs in CW where he probably took more Ls than anybody else.

Every single thread on Reddit and most on twitter reacts the exact same way. Some even here prefer Civil War T'Challa. The poster was wrong for the BET comment. However, we do need BOSS LEVEL T'Challa.

Black Panther is one of the greatest comic book movies of all time. However, T'Challa seems like he's the 4th or 5th reason people bring it up. Coogler is a genius, but he needs to fall in love with the character. Not just the setting/Wakanda.

I think there's plenty of flaws in Civil War. However, I did get the sense the Russos loved T'Challa. There might have been mistakes (Hawkeye/Black Widow) but overall I felt the love.

Its why the world was so hyped for Black Panther. T'Challa stole Civil War. He needs to steal Black Panther 2.
    If the Russos loved him they would've done better in CW and IW.

I love Coogler as a director, but I can't say with 100% certainty he wouldn't have had Okoye or Shuri doing that.

All you have to do read the Editors of Black Panther article where they had to keep reminding Coogler that T'Challa doesn't make enough decisions. The had to reshoot the train fight for him to figure out that the suits can be disabled and he can stop Killmonger.

I hate to sound like Christopher Priest as Coogler is my favorite director in Hollywood. However, the sequel is critical in terms of T'Challa. We just saw the rumor of how Marvel is thinking about Shuri as BP. That should never happen. He needs momentum. There needs to be a clear reason why he should always wear the suit. Because HE'S SPECIAL.
    Yes he would've had T'Challa do it. T'Challa did more than anyone else in the movie.

So far in all the articles I've read none of the editors have said this they only praised him and Chad's handling of BP. One article that mentioned the trains and stabilizers only said they needed to find a short quick way to introduce them because they wouldn't have much time later and it was for the audience to know that the suit would be deactivated when T'Challa tells Shuri to activate them because he already knew.

Why are u taking a rumor seriously from WGTC seriously? If Ryan just started how would they know especially if Feige and Moore don't know what it's about yet.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    If the Russos loved him they would've done better in CW and IW.
    I can maybe buy the arguement that the Russos didn't do a great job with BP in IW, but I thought their handling of him in CW was pretty good. Considering it wasn't his movie and he was a semi-antagonist, I think they treated him pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Morph View Post
    I actually agree with you mostly. The general consensus I've picked up online since the BP film's release, is that a lot of people like him ok, but he isn't a strong favorite. Biggest issues some folk have with him is that he was too boring compared to his supporting cast. He definitely needs some great feats in the sequel. Cap wasn't a big favorite starting out either, but his showing in Winter Soldier changed that. A lot of people considered Strange "meh" after his solo, but his light show with Thanos had people change their tune.
    The first film did not lack on the feats department though.

Some of the feats throughout the movie
    https://giant.gfycat.com/LoathsomeMeanAlleycat.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/EnragedScor...esebeetle.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/EnviousComp...rcticduck.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/IdolizedNiceCicada.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/PleasedCrim...nbarnacle.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/CanineEnviousFeline.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/LankyMeekIridescentshark.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/FemaleGrandGoral.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/BoilingPleasingJunco.webm
    https://giant.gfycat.com/SomeImpracticalDodo.webm

Secretly tags Everett Ross
    https://giant.gfycat.com/WelloffThes...nedbeetle.webm

Understanding Korean
    https://giant.gfycat.com/EmptyAdmiredHuia.webm
    Last edited by XJlock; 07-02-2019 at 09:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Not really, Achebe makes a good villain. It's not necessarily all about physical power, I would like to see someone challenge him on an intellectual and political scale that he can't just simply end it in a fist fight, but definitely have some punchable villains to deal with. Hence why I think if Mephisto was able to be used with Achebe, then throw in a revamped supremacists group (probably renamed of course)
    Lol Achebe and Moses Magnum..

Achebe has the witt and Intellect and Moses has the physical powers and is low key smart also...

CW T'challa was T'challa on a mission the whole movie, other than the 2 minutes with his dad and the 30 seconds with Zemo.

BP T'challa was T'challa, the lead character. Meaning, he had to do something else than be a murder death bot.

Remember when T'challa went to Nigeria? Mission T'challa returned and he systematically destroyed those dudes without remorse.

Remember when T'challa went to Korea? Mission T'challa returned and he was on his murder **** again. Hell, even his "blinded by rage" thing returned, considering he was gonna gut Klaue in the middle of the damn street lol.

Remember when he came back to life? Mission T'challa returned and he was kicking his own countrymen 30 feet, wakanda slamming them, throwing spears at planes, and ended it by gutting his cousin.

He can't be that a whole movie where he has to lead the movie. That character is one dimensional. A cool dimension of course, but only supporting characters get to play one role (okoye the "for wakanda!" sassy sidekick, shuri the sassy teenage genius sister, ramonda the caring mother, ect). When he isn't in mission mode... like when he is around his family, of course he is going to soften up and chill a bit.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    CW T'challa was T'challa on a mission the whole movie, other than the 2 minutes with his dad and the 30 seconds with Zemo.

BP T'challa was T'challa, the lead character. Meaning, he had to do something else than be a murder death bot.

Remember when T'challa went to Nigeria? Mission T'challa returned and he systematically destroyed those dudes without remorse.

Remember when T'challa went to Korea? Mission T'challa returned and he was on his murder **** again. Hell, even his "blinded by rage" thing returned, considering he was gonna gut Klaue in the middle of the damn street lol.

Remember when he came back to life? Mission T'challa returned and he was kicking his own countrymen 30 feet, wakanda slamming them, throwing spears at planes, and ended it by gutting his cousin.

He can't be that a whole movie where he has to lead the movie. That character is one dimensional. A cool dimension of course, but only supporting characters get to play one role (okoye the "for wakanda!" sassy sidekick, shuri the sassy teenage genius sister, ramonda the caring mother, ect). When he isn't in mission mode... like when he is around his family, of course he is going to soften up and chill a bit.
    Can you imagine the criticism Coogler and Tchalla would of got if he did that? "Tchalla is so one dimensional, Russo's did it better in CW, they had him be human like when he was talking to his dad and spared zemo" "T'Challa isnt that interesting, his supporting cast had more personality then him" people say they want T'Challa to be the focus (he was) while also giving agency to the supporting cast (this happened) while having a good villain (there was) then complain that Tchalla wasn't the sole focus the entire movie... Which. He. Was

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

I think the problem with some of those bottom half GIFs is that they feel "weightless". Cool, but weightless. For the most part it seemed like T'Challa had a physical presence in the opening forest fight and in CW.

Coogler like long takes. Russos like quick cuts. The quick cut style allows for a physical presence, then rapid cutting to weightless, back to physical before you even know it.

It'll be interesting how they fix that going forward.

I think making the audience feel detached from the lead character in his coolest action scenes plays apart in it as well. We felt like we were in the elevator with Cap in Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by Klaue's Mixtape; 07-03-2019 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Can you imagine the criticism Coogler and Tchalla would of got if he did that? "Tchalla is so one dimensional, Russo's did it better in CW, they had him be human like when he was talking to his dad and spared zemo" "T'Challa isnt that interesting, his supporting cast had more personality then him" people say they want T'Challa to be the focus (he was) while also giving agency to the supporting cast (this happened) while having a good villain (there was) then complain that Tchalla wasn't the sole focus the entire movie... Which. He. Was
    I understand what you trying to say. I'm not saying he was weak in his own movie, I just think there should extra time given to paring down the supporting cast with even more focus on T'challa's presence. Case in point I'm not naive about storytelling and the need to develop depth to main character by surrounding them with supporting characters that have depth. Just saying I believe we should and will see improvement with Black Panther (T'challa only).

BANNED

have fun in your fandom... even when it's not all fun & games. some fans stand accomplished. only a few.

Nakia from Marvel Studios Black Panther has a similar silhouette, tech & story-line...

Nakia: royality, spy, love interest

Emperess Zeta: royality, space pirate, love interest (villain - drawn in 2013-14)

The film's romantic lead (Nakia) was originally written to become a romantic-obsessive "Fatal Attraction" style villain.

we keep moving. we keep moving...

Praisethe ancestors!
    Last edited by Jabare; 07-03-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    The J-man

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar