Page 526 of 587 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536576 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8792
  1. #7876
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wonder if all those X-Fans are going to keep that same energy about how terrible Wakanda is for not curing cancer since they now as a nation have the ability to literally cheat death while letting everyone who isn't Krakoan get 5-10 extra years thanks to drug dependency.
    The story isn't over yet... but I do think we're supposed to think something is very very shady about what the nation of Krakoa is doing. I'm sure whatever the heck they're doing will come with an unacceptable price tag as I don't think they want this stuff lingering around in the MU after this story. Unlike with the Wakandan thing, I think in the end we're supposed to NOT feel good about what's going down there. But we'll see... that's just my feeling on it so far. Even though they're the good guys, the story seems to be going out of its way to make everything they're doing creepy as heck.

  2. #7877
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I wonder if all those X-Fans are going to keep that same energy about how terrible Wakanda is for not curing cancer since they now as a nation have the ability to literally cheat death while letting everyone who isn't Krakoan get 5-10 extra years thanks to drug dependency.
    It's hickman

    Everyone is happy now.

    Shits gonna hit the fan eventually lol.

    T minus 5 issues before Daken stabs one of the 5 just to be a prick, off panel of course, probably in a 8 year time jump lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Also, since Wakanda is an "enemy nation" and Storm seems to be the high almoner of Krakoa doesn't make much sense for her to stick around BPs book much longer.
    Unfortunately we are stuck with a writer who is still stuck in the Secret Empire time period.....
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-18-2019 at 01:25 PM.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  3. #7878
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    So any bets to where T'challa dipped out too in AoW?

    Or did he get snatched?

    Kinda reminded me of EMH where he dipped out on the Avengers to go solve the problem.

    See what hapens
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  4. #7879
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Still my favorite BP image of all time.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  5. #7880
    Ultimate Life Form BlackClaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Space Colony ARK
    Posts
    1,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Also, since Wakanda is an "enemy nation" and Storm seems to be the high almoner of Krakoa doesn't make much sense for her to stick around BPs book much longer.
    Gonna be real interesting to see how the two nations interact in the future.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

  6. #7881
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,523

    Default

    This could be totally wrong, because I doubt Hickman gives a shit what other writers have done or are saying, but if Wakanda is one of the few nations that didn't cosign on Krakoa, is it possible that Gentle was the fake mutant plant that was hiding with the X-Men that Iron Man was speaking about?

    Unless that's been resolved or tossed away of course. But Gentle had the most obvious sap story in X-Men Red, they ate that crap up and took him from Wakanda to Atlantis. Not to mention, why was Black Panther so comfortable with helping Jean and co. after they and Namor destroyed his country?

    Gentle could be the Wakandan plant that's either feeding info about Krakoa and the mutants to Black Pantherówho's working with Reed to reverse engineer the gates or somethingóor he could effectively kidnap or kill one of the essential members of The Five, so Krakoa no longer can bring back the mutants who died.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  7. #7882
    Genesis of A Nemesis Things Fall Apart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7,311

    Default

    Last edited by Things Fall Apart; 09-18-2019 at 03:10 PM.
    Pull List:

    Marvel Comics: Black Panther, Captain America, Invaders, Powers of X, House of X, X-Men, New Mutants.
    DC Comics: The Green Lantern, Legion of Super-Heroes: Millenium/Ongoing.

    Xbox Live Gamertag:

    K0SL0X

  8. #7883
    Mario Di Giacomo Beware Of Geek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    AoW is already interesting.

    That last page reveal is going to be interesting. Didn't see that coming.

    Love the convo with Fat Cobra. Immediately pisses on the , "why is a king doing dirty work" crap.

    Inject it into my veins. That wakanda tech is nice
    I have to confess, I'm not feeling it. It feels like a SHIELD book with added melanin, and has the same problems those runs usually had:

    1. The director taking the field
    2. The characters aren't spies but commandoes. Less Bond, more A-Team.

    This particular take also has the problem (which, in all fairness, Zub partly inherited from Aaron) that the agents chosen for the mission aren't hand-picked but just handy.

    In the end, it just reads like Secret (Wakadan) Avengers. Not what I've been jonesing for.
    Mario Di Giacomo

  9. #7884
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I have to confess, I'm not feeling it. It feels like a SHIELD book with added melanin, and has the same problems those runs usually had:

    1. The director taking the field
    2. The characters aren't spies but commandoes. Less Bond, more A-Team.

    This particular take also has the problem (which, in all fairness, Zub partly inherited from Aaron) that the agents chosen for the mission aren't hand-picked but just handy.

    In the end, it just reads like Secret (Wakadan) Avengers. Not what I've been jonesing for.

    Makes sense.

    I'm more of an A-team type of guy
    Last edited by MindofShadow; 09-18-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  10. #7885
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    Just came across something interesting that I don't know if it was discussed here.

    I was reading the Secret Invasion/War of Kings one-shot and read where the Inhumans were attacking the Kree and using technology infused with Vibranium.

    Could Panther and Black Bolt been working together far longer than anyone knew? Thing is, I don't remember any story where Wakanda and Attilan exchanged any tech.

    At any rate, this opens up the possibility that T'Challa and Black Bolt have been working together long before The Illuminati.

  11. #7886
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just came across something interesting that I don't know if it was discussed here.

    I was reading the Secret Invasion/War of Kings one-shot and read where the Inhumans were attacking the Kree and using technology infused with Vibranium.

    Could Panther and Black Bolt been working together far longer than anyone knew? Thing is, I don't remember any story where Wakanda and Attilan exchanged any tech.

    At any rate, this opens up the possibility that T'Challa and Black Bolt have been working together long before The Illuminati.
    Didn't Hudlin run, T'challa meet with them about making Vibranium thing for Black Bolt?

    Was that before or after WoK?
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  12. #7887
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I have to confess, I'm not feeling it. It feels like a SHIELD book with added melanin, and has the same problems those runs usually had:

    1. The director taking the field
    2. The characters aren't spies but commandoes. Less Bond, more A-Team.

    This particular take also has the problem (which, in all fairness, Zub partly inherited from Aaron) that the agents chosen for the mission aren't hand-picked but just handy.

    In the end, it just reads like Secret (Wakadan) Avengers. Not what I've been jonesing for.
    I don't think that this is a set team with the exception of BP, Okoye, Janet and maybe Gorilla-Man. I think the roster will fluctuate as needed and we will see characters move in and out.

    The main thing for me is we get another title with BP in it that looks to have lots of action and potentially some good feats, unlike Ultimates.

    That was a power house team that did a whole lotta nothing. America Chavez was made out to be the badass(so funny).

  13. #7888
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    9,303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Didn't Hudlin run, T'challa meet with them about making Vibranium thing for Black Bolt?

    Was that before or after WoK?
    WoK one-shot was March 2009. So Hudlin's story came first.

    I can't remember what exactly T'Challa gave or made for Black Bolt but they got a lot of Vibranium out of it based on WoKs. The Inhumans made some kind of armor based on vibranium that stores Black Bolts power.

  14. #7889
    Ultimate Member MindofShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    WoK one-shot was March 2009. So Hudlin's story came first.

    I can't remember what exactly T'Challa gave or made for Black Bolt but they got a lot of Vibranium out of it based on WoKs. The Inhumans made some kind of armor based on vibranium that stores Black Bolts power.
    long time murder bros for life

    real g's move in silence lol
    Black Panther Appreciation Blog: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.com/

    T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

  15. #7890
    Invincible Member XPac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    I have to confess, I'm not feeling it. It feels like a SHIELD book with added melanin, and has the same problems those runs usually had:

    1. The director taking the field
    2. The characters aren't spies but commandoes. Less Bond, more A-Team.

    This particular take also has the problem (which, in all fairness, Zub partly inherited from Aaron) that the agents chosen for the mission aren't hand-picked but just handy.

    In the end, it just reads like Secret (Wakadan) Avengers. Not what I've been jonesing for.
    Interestingly enough, Okoye pretty much voices the exact same concerns. She's questioning T'Challa taking the field, and she doesn't quite know what to make of his team selection. When you've got a team made up of a werewolve, a gorilla, and a sumo wrestler espionage probably isn't what you're going for. It's frankly still a bit unclear exactly what T'Challa was going for with this exact team... though perhaps that's part of the charm of the book. It might all make more sense down the line, if T'Challa reveals some sort of master plan requiring these exact people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •