Page 744 of 744 FirstFirst ... 244644694734740741742743744
Results 11,146 to 11,160 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    Can I ask my fellow Black Panther enthusiasts a few questions? Given the new direction of the X-Men, the new country of Krakoa and Wakanda seem to be at odds over the choice to reject mutant pharmaceuticals. Wakanda has the cure for cancer so it makes complete sense that they wouldn't need any life sustaining drugs from anyone. How would you guys feel if T'Challa or the council actually accepted the Xavier and Magneto's threat of extortion?
    I dont see them ever accepting the drug ever, but I would see them just simply recognize the mutant state and thus act accordingly and in continuity (aka spying on them to see if they lose a threat to Wakanda in the future)
    the only other way I would see them accept the bribe would be if T'Challa had a reason and plan for doing so, but that's Priest and Hudlin panther that would do that. The current writer i honestly would not trust having T'Challa or Wakanda react to it, which then means it would fall on Hickman to decide. Which is worrying knowing Hickman at times

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Anansi is cooler, tho.
    Been done to death, though. Surely there are some other Gods and myths to use?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd shrug

It really isn't a plot point until Hickman decides it is one. Then I will worry about it.

With Hickman, Wakanda rejecting the drugs is either a set up for the future or it is just Hickman going, "Wakanda does what it wants, always" and moving on. Hickman's T'challa/Wakanda was always a bit more hardline and independent than some depictions. Writers tend to default to that version of Wakanda when they aren't the main show (like spencer with Secret Empire. Aaron with Secret Invasion).

We will find out in what... 3 years? if it is relevant lol
    Yea, that's pretty much my thoughts. It could mean something or nothing but if it ends up being something I hope its limited and doesn't hurt the BP franchise.

Incredible Member Vibranium Weave's Avatar

Not sure if anyone has seen this....the actors of Black Panther talk about the comic runs that shaped the Black Panther movie.

I always like it when the actors are familiar with the source material.

As 2019 is coming to a close, let's look back. What was your favorite badass BP highlights (since there are a ton of moments) of the decade (regardless of the panel or scene that happened next)?

Mine

I wanted to include the border tribe scene but it won't let me. But these highlights go for comic's, animation, MCU EVERYTHING.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 12-31-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

happy new year BP fsns!! hoping 2020 is prosperous for you and yours! excited to see what 2020 brings for tchalla and wakanda!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's less an extortion and more a bribe, but, as you said, it's mostly a bribe without value. That being said, Wakanda doesn't really seem to have any ideological reason not to recognize a mutant state.
    Did you read Magneto’s exchange with the human ambassadors? If T’Challa or Shuri were part of that group how would they have interpreted the tone of that meeting?

On another note, I agree that Wakanda has no ideological reason not to recognize a mutant state like Genosha. Krakoa is something else entirely IMO. Cyclops’ exchange with the Fantastic Four was pretty sketchy too. He shows up to offer armed criminals amnesty. Am I to believe Storm didn’t do the same thing AvX? T’Challa and most of my fellow enthusiasts certainly weren’t feeling her behavior there. Why would T’Challa or the Wakandan council jump into a negotiation with a nation that’s harboring every mutant villain known to man? Especially after Shadow King in WAP, Namor in AvX, Adversary in season two or Cassandra Nova in X-men Red?

I know you and I both read Strum und Drang. Storm basically tells T’Challa that he needs to do some soul searching or she sees him becoming just like Magneto. I want to believe that the most intelligent man that Ororo knows, the same man that walked away from the Illuminati would think better of hordes of mutant villains alongside a man he knows is a boldfaced liar and incredibly powerful telepath. Namor even doubts him for crying out loud.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd shrug

It really isn't a plot point until Hickman decides it is one. Then I will worry about it.

With Hickman, Wakanda rejecting the drugs is either a set up for the future or it is just Hickman going, "Wakanda does what it wants, always" and moving on. Hickman's T'challa/Wakanda was always a bit more hardline and independent than some depictions. Writers tend to default to that version of Wakanda when they aren't the main show (like spencer with Secret Empire. Aaron with Secret Invasion).

We will find out in what... 3 years? if it is relevant lol
    It’s a brewing subplot that many X-fans are quick to point out. Rejection from the most beautiful girl at the dance has to hurt. Wakanda is the most powerful nation on MU earth. A snub from them is a blow to the ego.

I enjoy the complexities because Coates has made sure to surround T’Challa with mutants (black ones) so it makes absolutely no sense for him to ignore their rights as a nation. That is unless he doesn’t trust the people in charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's more interesting that they didn't accept it... but if they hypothetically did, I wouldn't mind it as I imagine it's less about the bribe and more about accepting a mutant nation. Wakanda was a big supporting of Jean Greys idea of a mutant nation back in X-Men Red, so that shouldn't be an issue to them.

BUt I do suspect that Krakoa is going to end up at odds with the rest of the world... and Wakanda will be involved with that. We'll see.
    T’Challa’s support of Jean Grey and her mission speaks directly to my stance. He was willing to fight for Jean & Ororo leading a nation and building a new world for mutants. What is different about this time? A helluva lot more shady, ridiculously powerful mutants are involved now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I dont see them ever accepting the drug ever, but I would see them just simply recognize the mutant state and thus act accordingly and in continuity (aka spying on them to see if they lose a threat to Wakanda in the future)
    the only other way I would see them accept the bribe would be if T'Challa had a reason and plan for doing so, but that's Priest and Hudlin panther that would do that. The current writer i honestly would not trust having T'Challa or Wakanda react to it, which then means it would fall on Hickman to decide. Which is worrying knowing Hickman at times
    I really like your idea of sending in a spy to report back on the goings on of Krakoa. Lolol isn’t it funny that he is currently in a relationship with a sitting member of the quiet council of Krakoa? A woman he has deep emotional bonds with. A woman he knows like the back of his hand. And a woman who knows he’s not above manipulating her for his own aims. Wouldn’t it be sweet irony if Ororo was his spy on the inside? I love this!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    happy new year BP fsns!! hoping 2020 is prosperous for you and yours! excited to see what 2020 brings for tchalla and wakanda!!!
    Aye! All hail Wakanda! All hail Damisa-Sarki!

BANNED

May 2020 be a year of renewal and Blessing for all of us, or families, friends and lived ones.

May it also be the year that serves as the beginning of the end for Coates reign of mythos destroying writing on anything Black Panther related.

Check in, hey BP family it's been real. I pray that all ladies and gents that follow and bleed for our guy and his nation a great new year and all the promise it holds!!! 2020 year of the Panther....��

As 2019 is coming to a close, let's look back. What was your favorite badass BP highlights (since there are a ton of moments) of the decade (regardless of the panel or scene that happened next)?
    In the comics:

In the movies, probably his entrance in Endgame. Just cuz.

As 2019 is coming to a close, let's look back. What was your favorite badass BP highlights (since there are a ton of moments) of the decade (regardless of the panel or scene that happened next)? But these highlights go for comic's, animation, MCU EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium Weave View Post
    Not sure if anyone has seen this....the actors of Black Panther talk about the comic runs that shaped the Black Panther movie.

I always like it when the actors are familiar with the source material.

Two details caught my eye.

1) For all his vaunted influence, our friend M. Coates only seems to have supplied "aesthetics". Which, of course, are more due to Stelfreeze's art.
    2) Boseman must not have read the Hudlin run that closely, as the bald Dora Milaje were his creation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    In the comics:

In the movies, probably his entrance in Endgame. Just cuz.
    Definitely not Coates's milquetoast wastrel.