Page 466 of 744 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476516566 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I believe Mark Millar said he expressed interest in writing BP however he was shot down because Marvel wanted to go with a black writer for him, which is fine and all but the. It begs the question, why did Marvel pass up a veteran (Redjack) in favor of a neophyte Coates and Allow hi I'm to go unchecked without any consultant, or supervision to make sure he wasn't writing isht like they are doing with his Cap run
    Than Millar wrote the new Kickass, Prodigy, and SpaceBandits using black characters. Lol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I believe Mark Millar said he expressed interest in writing BP however he was shot down because Marvel wanted to go with a black writer for him, which is fine and all but the. It begs the question, why did Marvel pass up a veteran (Redjack) in favor of a neophyte Coates and Allow hi I'm to go unchecked without any consultant, or supervision to make sure he wasn't writing isht like they are doing with his Cap run
    I get why in comparison to Captain America or Spiderman or even Iron Man BP is not considered 'high priority property' but you would think that that would have changed after the success of the movie. Granted, Coates is probably on contract for a specific number of issues and cannot be removed before end of contract but still...
    They really should give more editorial input and checks to ensure the property remains relevant and sound. Because as it is right now...it seems to be operating in its own broken pocket universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I get why in comparison to Captain America or Spiderman or even Iron Man BP is not considered 'high priority property' but you would think that that would have changed after the success of the movie. Granted, Coates is probably on contract for a specific number of issues and cannot be removed before end of contract but still...
    They really should give more editorial input and checks to ensure the property remains relevant and sound. Because as it is right now...it seems to be operating in its own broken pocket universe.
    Excellent suggestions, but you would have to have editors that really care about the state and status of Black Panther for this to occur.

Looks lke Sony/MCU deal just fell apart

Guess which character just got that much more important lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

"Facebook WoW emoi"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Indeed, and I say that as a fan.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Well I guess there is a silver lining to all this. Lol.

But Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero along with BP so this is still heartbreaking.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

A link please?
    Nevermind...got it.
    That's kind of shytty on Sony's part though not to at least go higher than the initial 5% deal.
    Who knows what the quality of the SM movies would have been or will be without Disney's input.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 08-20-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Well I guess there is a silver lining to all this. Lol.

But Spidey is my favorite Marvel hero along with BP so this is still heartbreaking.
    I thought venom was terrible garbage so this is pretty disheartening for me. I have no faith in Sony.

Spidey isn't my favorite but I was holding out hope Miles would appear within the next 10 years in the MCU.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Dang Sony!

Attachment 86000

I thought venom was terrible garbage so this is pretty disheartening for me. I have no faith in Sony.

Spidey isn't my favorite but I was holding out hope Miles would appear within the next 10 years in the MCU.
    I would've loved a live-action Miles/Black Panther team-up. Hell, he could've been the Spider-Man that Black Panther teamed up with in Black Panther's Quest, or there could still be a future Black Panther guest appearance in Marvel's Spider-Man (the cartoon) where it's Miles who teams up with T'Challa due to Peter being out of commission or otherwise occupied, since that is getting a third season.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

no dang it. I dont blame Sony. I blame marvel for selling their properties so many years ago. oh well. hopefully the next few spiderman projects tank and we get what happened with the xmen somehow.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    no dang it. I dont blame Sony. I blame marvel for selling their properties so many years ago. oh well. hopefully the next few spiderman projects tank and we get what happened with the xmen somehow.
    If Sony is dumb enough to reboot Spider-Man for the fourth time it's gonna end in disaster for them. And I wouldn't blame Marvel too much since they were in financial ruin when they sold their properties at the time. They had to do what they had to do in order to survive.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Good point. It was the terrible decisions Marvel made as a company back in the 90s that led to them having to sell off the movie rights to their characters to stay viable, after all. That said, I'm just hoping we don't see the same pettiness that the X-Men and Fantastic Four were treated with affecting Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Good point. It was the terrible decisions Marvel made as a company back in the 90s that led to them having to sell off the movie rights to their characters to stay viable, after all. That said, I'm just hoping we don't see the same pettiness that the X-Men and Fantastic Four were treated with affecting Spider-Man.
    Well even when the MCU didn't have Spidey, he wasn't treated as horribly as the X-Men and Fantastic Four on the comic side of things. But then again with someone as shitty as Perlmutter you never know.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda