Page 363 of 744 FirstFirst ... 263313353359360361362363364365366367373413463 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,445 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Oh, Bast... not THIS again.
    Well isht man look at what's happening, the preview doesn't show T'Challa at all. It's Storm, whos name ain't on the title, some random ass new character who's sole purpose is to talk about how great she is and how it's HER Destiny to save them, and how "when the King is missing a Queen arrives".... Pretty sure that Vibranium ship sailed when she wanted to be head of the mutant school instead of queen of the most advanced nation on earth.. plus we all know Wakandans dont forgive and forget so easily and yet somehow it's her destiny to be their savior?

Remember back when you read a comic about the titled character, the previews and story would be around how said titled character was the supporting casts hope for saving them? Man those were good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Oh, Bast... not THIS again.
    Eh. We've had people complain about Storm being with T'Challa since before they were married in what... 2006?. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. You get used to it after a certain point.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Best part of the priest fight was that Priest made it clear T'challa was winning, despite holding back slightly hoping Killmonger would yield. He only got caught because of Ross.
    I'm not sure I agree that T'Challa was winning. My impression is that they were completely evenly matched.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm not sure I agree that T'Challa was winning. My impression is that they were completely evenly matched.
    It seemed clear to me T'challa had the upper hand in the end. Very evenly matched though

6 straight panels of T'challa landing at the end, asks him to yield three times, hand on his throat at the end before Ross distracts him

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...r-round-4.html
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I've always thought it was interesting that T'Challa was allowed to fight wearing the gloves and the mask. You would think that would give him an advantage both in taking a hit (to the face at least) and delivering one.

But Killmonger is established as stronger, so maybe it all evens up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    You dont get to treat the titular hero from a different franchise like garbage and shade throw, hook up with a bunch of characters from your franchise, talk isht about said titular hero in other franchise, then turn around when your franchise treats you like trash to try and get into the mythos that actually tried to give meaningful development. I don't know why writer's or fans think that's somehow okay and that Storm deserves to be apart of the mythos. Especially when they have been broken up as long as they were married just about.

And I'm pretty sure just because a writer tries to say something doesn't mean isht. Coates tried to get rid of the monarch and yet the rest of the mu ignores it same with claiming her godhood and all the other dumb stuff that everyone is ignoring.
    Exactly. Therefore release T'Challa from this squatter and let him move on. Seriously the build up in this season with Nunakia was completely ruined and stupid because Coates decided he MUST be shackled to Storm. Nunakia was the perfect transition to MCU Nakia without all the baggage of the old, especially since the old one died. But due to already committing to the Doomed relationship again it was brought up, teased and dropped and ended up being a waste of panel space instead of a nice setup for a competent LI
    Well isht man look at what's happening, the preview doesn't show T'Challa at all. It's Storm, whos name ain't on the title, some random ass new character who's sole purpose is to talk about how great she is and how it's HER Destiny to save them, and how "when the King is missing a Queen arrives".... Pretty sure that Vibranium ship sailed when she wanted to be head of the mutant school instead of queen of the most advanced nation on earth.. plus we all know Wakandans dont forgive and forget so easily and yet somehow it's her destiny to be their savior?

Remember back when you read a comic about the titled character, the previews and story would be around how said titled character was the supporting casts hope for saving them? Man those were good times...
    Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Eh. We've had people complain about Storm being with T'Challa since before they were married in what... 2006?. It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is. You get used to it after a certain point.
    Where on Earth did you dig up this ridiculous notion that Ororo owes T’challa or Wakanda anything due to what has transpired in the past? People really be out here clinging to their revised delusion of history instead of what actually happened, don’t they? Was she the one who chose to side with the Avengers in a matter regarding the fate of the Phoenix Force, over the X-men who have an overwhelming claim as the top Phoenix authorities on the planet? A decision that ended wit Tony Stark making the brilliant decision to try and capture a cosmic entity, thereby splitting into five parts that possessed five people, including Namor who then used this power to destroy Wakanda? No I’m sorry, that was your King’s decision, a decision that played himself and the people of his country in the end. Still, she returned to help him and Wakanda in their time of need, only to be told by a petty High Priest T’challa that she was not only dismissed from the country itself but personally dismissed as his wife without discussion. An absolute dick-move by any standard. Yet stillllll he had the audacity, the actual pomposity to attempt to mandate who Ororo could and could not be with after he tossed her to the curb like yesterday’s hot trash. The man with his harem of Build-a-Brides attending his every beck and call actually went out of his way to call his ex-wife that he took a **** on, and dictate who he thought was okay for her to sleep with. Miss me with that rancid bullshit allllll the live long day. He had no business having any opinion and/or feelings about Ororo’s personal life after he UNILATERALLY took a vibranium sledge hammer to their marriage, publicly and personally embarrassing her in front of the world. If she were any less than the hero she is, she could have done what Namor did to Wakanda but while sipping her tea from halfway around the world instead, don’t be mistaken. When they needed her most, after all of this and all of the other nonsense that has happened between them since then, she came back at his request to fight a God to save Wakanda itself after their own God’s abandoned them. To save a xenophobic, gene-racist people(ironically ignorant for the most “advanced” country on Earth) who discarded her when all she EVER did was fight for them and their King, literally battling Death himself to save him before. To save a King who willingly chose a hunk of vibranium in Doomwar over the life of his wife, and STILL ended up losing it in the end. Because despite all of this she actually loves him. She loves him and that love somehow supersedes all of the transgressions she has endured in his name. And, despite his regrettable actions, he loves her too. Realizing finally that before she is his “Queen” she was always the WOMAN he fell in love with as a child after she saved him(noticing a trend here?) from De Ruyter and his men, and should be treated as such. Maybe T’challa has finally grown up and realized that he needs the person who has always had his back by his side. Maybe he finally realized he needed to treat her like the Goddess she is, instead of a commodity to be exploited, trotted out, and thrown away at his leisure. Maybe Wakanda is realizing that the the MUTANT who fought and banished a GOD for them, when no one else could, should be treated with some respect and reverence despite her being an “outsider” and “gene filth”. Hopefully King and Country have learned their lesson and won’t mistake her generosity for weakness again. Because I don’t think they’ll get another chance if he screws it up again this time.

Extraordinary Member

Fun times right? Always weird how some "Black Panther" fans never show up unless someone else is in the book lol. Not even sly about it.

Fantastic Four #548
    BP has the best mask.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Where on Earth did you dig up this ridiculous notion that Ororo owes T’challa or Wakanda anything due to what has transpired in the past? People really be out here clinging to their revised delusion of history instead of what actually happened, don’t they? Was she the one who chose to side with the Avengers in a matter regarding the fate of the Phoenix Force, over the X-men who have an overwhelming claim as the top Phoenix authorities on the planet? A decision that ended wit Tony Stark making the brilliant decision to try and capture a cosmic entity, thereby splitting into five parts that possessed five people, including Namor who then used this power to destroy Wakanda? No I’m sorry, that was your King’s decision, a decision that played himself and the people of his country in the end. Still, she returned to help him and Wakanda in their time of need, only to be told by a petty High Priest T’challa that she was not only dismissed from the country itself but personally dismissed as his wife without discussion. An absolute dick-move by any standard. Yet stillllll he had the audacity, the actual pomposity to attempt to mandate who Ororo could and could not be with after he tossed her to the curb like yesterday’s hot trash. The man with his harem of Build-a-Brides attending his every beck and call actually went out of his way to call his ex-wife that he took a **** on, and dictate who he thought was okay for her to sleep with. Miss me with that rancid bullshit allllll the live long day. He had no business having any opinion and/or feelings about Ororo’s personal life after he UNILATERALLY took a vibranium sledge hammer to their marriage, publicly and personally embarrassing her in front of the world. If she were any less than the hero she is, she could have done what Namor did to Wakanda but while sipping her tea from halfway around the world instead, don’t be mistaken. When they needed her most, after all of this and all of the other nonsense that has happened between them since then, she came back at his request to fight a God to save Wakanda itself after their own God’s abandoned them. To save a xenophobic, gene-racist people(ironically ignorant for the most “advanced” country on Earth) who discarded her when all she EVER did was fight for them and their King, literally battling Death himself to save him before. To save a King who willingly chose a hunk of vibranium in Doomwar over the life of his wife, and STILL ended up losing it in the end. Because despite all of this she actually loves him. She loves him and that love somehow supersedes all of the transgressions she has endured in his name. And, despite his regrettable actions, he loves her too. Realizing finally that before she is his “Queen” she was always the WOMAN he fell in love with as a child after she saved him(noticing a trend here?) from De Ruyter and his men, and should be treated as such. Maybe T’challa has finally grown up and realized that he needs the person who has always had his back by his side. Maybe he finally realized he needed to treat her like the Goddess she is, instead of a commodity to be exploited, trotted out, and thrown away at his leisure. Maybe Wakanda is realizing that the the MUTANT who fought and banished a GOD for them, when no one else could, should be treated with some respect and reverence despite her being an “outsider” and “gene filth”. Hopefully King and Country have learned their lesson and won’t mistake her generosity for weakness again. Because I don’t think they’ll get another chance if he screws it up again this time.

The marriage ended when this happened.

Then she went to her friends and said she was unconscious when she left, but the above panel shows she left on her own power. Unless I missed the issue when she got knocked out.

Then after the tidal wave.

Weird that Prof. X calls out Storms name specifically.

All the stuff about Wolverine happens outside a Black Panther comic. Which is the major grip I have. The Xmen side will treat Tchalla like crap while the BP side threats storm with respect. I think they need to be separated until that issue is solved.

Incredible Member

You told no lies...
    That being said all that happened under white writer's tbh..
    Their marriage under black writers was wonderful but thats another topic for another day..

Once again BRAVO!!!!

Didn't there used to be a "Black Panther and Storm Appreciation Thread" ?

Someone should bring that back......
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Storm under Coates is a Creator's Pet. End of discussion.

I suggest anyone who doesn't understand that find and read the thread about it.

It seemed clear to me T'challa had the upper hand in the end. Very evenly matched though

6 straight panels of T'challa landing at the end, asks him to yield three times, hand on his throat at the end before Ross distracts him

http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...r-round-4.html
    Yeah reading those panels it was clear T'Challa held the advantage and would of won. Especially when you read the line before he doles out the ass whooping. "You are wrong, allow me to demonstrate" Ross ruined it because Killmonger had lost at that point and needed that distraction to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    The marriage ended when this happened.

Then she went to her friends and said she was unconscious when she left, but the above panel shows she left on her own power. Unless I missed the issue when she got knocked out.

Then after the tidal wave.

Weird that Prof. X calls out Storms name specifically.

All the stuff about Wolverine happens outside a Black Panther comic. Which is the major grip I have. The Xmen side will treat Tchalla like crap while the BP side threats storm with respect. I think they need to be separated until that issue is solved.
    Your also missing the panel when storm goes into Wakanda with an X-Men strike Force and attacks T'Challa in front of the Wakandan people, her people at the time as she is queen, and then leaves with said x men before throwing her Ring on the ground. But that wall of biased text won't show that. Took awhile to go through it, but ultimately it's nonsensical and very much in line with certain fans that rabidly come in here guns hot to act like Storm is the greatest thing to ever happen to the BP mythos when it's clear at this point she just be squatting

Didn't there used to be a "Black Panther and Storm Appreciation Thread" ?

Someone should bring that back......
    It's needs to come back so that the BP thread doesn't get overrun. I don't need a risk of another ban due to nonsense