Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
That's just what I'm suggesting. Have him practice a form of magic that isn't voodoo but isn't referred to as such by him but others because they don't understand it and he's black/Haitian. And also change what is needed. My only worry is that they get rid of his own unique lore in the process.

Eh well like most outrage circles it wouldn't be just the audience in particular that would be offended, or the offended ones might not consist of them at all. But really I don't think there is a high population lol. So I do think they can just roll with it but adapt the character well as they usually do. Besides, having him be just another sorcerer that is black is a lot more boring (and Mordo is that already) and the voodoo angle is what makes him distinct. If handled well he can be the scene stealer of the Doctor Strange sequel.
The tricky thing about completely seperating him from Voodoo is that his name is Doctor Voodoo. Though I suppose that can just be what people nick name him, and he can just use his real name. Jericho Drumm is actually a pretty cool name. Like Luke Cage, it's arguably cooler sounding than his super hero name.