Page 454 of 744 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 11160
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We're in space and we're not trying to find the source of Vibranium or establishing the real Wakanda's foothold in space.

Most advanced technology not being utilized, no new developments.

Would have loved to see some new dynamics between BP/Wakanda and the other Alpha alien races -Shi'ar, Kree, Skulls, Spartax etc.
    Coates gets no props from me as a BP creator. He’s gonna tap-dance around W.W.O. like the rest of the….

WHERE DOES VIBRANIUM COME FROM?
    The theme of W.W.O.

Again, undisputed! The true king!

Wakandans in space? Check-out this post from 2013 H.E.F. (WWO was meant to be publically displayed in 2013 but the dead-line got pushed back. the illustrations began in 2012. the story was conceptualized in 2011. where were all these BP fans back then?)

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...?topic=944.690

« Reply #704 on: December 19, 2013, 07:53:28 pm »
    Bah Humbug!
    I may have to postpone my BP (fan) project, again. Things got real real. No worries, I’m still conceptually in my own lane (yeah I said it). What? You don’t believe me? Check-out my reference for the wakandan intergalactic space station.

STRIKE A NERVE THAT’S SO DEEP…”-- Slave (Snapshot)

wakandan intergalactic space station?

Hey, Coates...

“They shootin'! Aw, made you look!
    You a slave to a page in my rhyme book!
    Gettin' big money, playboy, your time's up…” – NAS

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Coates gets no props from me as a BP creator. He’s gonna tap-dance around W.W.O. like the rest of the….

WHERE DOES VIBRANIUM COME FROM?
    The theme of W.W.O.

Again, undisputed! The true king!

Wakandans in space? Check-out this post from 2013 H.E.F. (WWO was meant to be publically displayed in 2013 but the dead-line got pushed back. the illustrations began in 2012. the story was conceptualized in 2011. where were all these BP fans back then?)

http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/i...?topic=944.690

« Reply #704 on: December 19, 2013, 07:53:28 pm »
    Bah Humbug!
    I may have to postpone my BP (fan) project, again. Things got real real. No worries, I’m still conceptually in my own lane (yeah I said it). What? You don’t believe me? Check-out my reference for the wakandan intergalactic space station.

STRIKE A NERVE THAT’S SO DEEP…”-- Slave (Snapshot)

wakandan intergalactic space station?

Hey, Coates...

“They shootin'! Aw, made you look!
    You a slave to a page in my rhyme book!
    Gettin' big money, playboy, your time's up…” – NAS
    Real nice. We should have had something like this. Instead it's soap opera in space.

Wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    Heh, I don't buy it.

*stares in mirror*

Armless Tiger Man. Armless Tiger Man. Armless Tiger Man.

See? Nothing ha-

Oh, siht!

(Did you guys forget he was in Flags of Our Fathers?)
    armless tiger man is immortal!

Real nice. We should have had something like this. Instead it's soap opera in space.

Wasted opportunity.
    supreme illuminati or whatever over ther even had th mkkran crystal involved

shits wild lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Coates I think picked a somewhat difficult story to tell. Space battle combat (which to a degree is the bread and butter of a space opera) doesn't necessarily translate well in print form (though to the books credit, I think it's actually handling it quite well). And it's harder to get readers to care about dialogue and drama over essentially new characters who readers haven't gotten a whole lot of time to get emotionally invested it. I think even a more experienced comic book writer potentially might struggle with a story like this that went on this long.

That said, I don't think it's that bad. It's slow and drawn out, but the story and action is actually solid .
    Agreed, I think the slow pace already coupled with how slow the medium is, is by far the biggest problem. I never read one of his issues and been like "this is just bad" it's just you want each issue to feel like it has the same weight as the issue when his mother was victim of a terror attack or at least close.

Quote Originally Posted by RDMXV View Post
    Agreed, I think the slow pace already coupled with how slow the medium is, is by far the biggest problem. I never read one of his issues and been like "this is just bad" it's just you want each issue to feel like it has the same weight as the issue when his mother was victim of a terror attack or at least close.
    Hey remember when we thought that was the turning point of Season 1 and "real" T'challa was about to come out

and then he let people punch him for funs and met with despots and the thread exploded in anger lol

fun times

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Yeah, the fact that the story somewhat lacks weight probably is one of the bigger issues. He's not in a familiar setting or surrounded by characters we're emotionally invested in, so the stakes of it all don't feel big. Literally everyone in the story aside from T'Challa could die in the next issue, and most readers probably wouldn't lose sleep over it. New Nakia is fine, but its not the same thing as seeing Shuri or Storm or Ramonda getting blown up or whatever.

And it doesn't quite feel like a Black Panther book, or even a Marvel book. If this were an indy title I bet it would be better received.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The one nice thing about all this not being an alternatie timeline or alternate reality or anything like that, is that all that world buidling doens't necessarily have to go to waist. That galactic empire exists in the present 616 timeline apparently, since they can communicate with present day Wakanda. So it's a few aspect of the cosmic landscape if anyone else wants to utilize it. Whether or not anyone will is a question mark, but the Galactic Wakanda space empire exists as a new toy in the cosmic sandbox.

Unless of course Coates somehow destroys the whole thing before the story ends.
    I mean the fact it can be used later is nice (even if I prefer this be ignored), but if the story it comes from is lackluster I can't say that changes much. Maybe a writer 3 years from now decides to have T'Challa or another character fight the empire, but it's a moot point in the present day. Coates has had over 10 issues to weave the story into the cosmic landscape of the MU and outside of importing some concepts here and there like the symbiotes and M'Kraan crystal, he hasn't really done that.

I would've been more ok with that if he had managed to do some strong, lasting character work but that didn't exactly happen either. I'm having trouble understanding how he elevated side characters like Ayo and Aneka in Season 1 but doesn't do the same with M'Baku or Nakia. He gave the previous Commander some characterization but other than that this entire story feels like a cipher with no depth. IF another writer decides to use the empire I hope they manage to do something more interesting than what we've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I mean the fact it can be used later is nice (even if I prefer this be ignored), but if the story it comes from is lackluster I can't say that changes much. Maybe a writer 3 years from now decides to have T'Challa or another character fight the empire, but it's a moot point in the present day. Coates has had over 10 issues to weave the story into the cosmic landscape of the MU and outside of importing some concepts here and there like the symbiotes and M'Kraan crystal, he hasn't really done that.

I would've been more ok with that if he had managed to do some strong, lasting character work but that didn't exactly happen either. I'm having trouble understanding how he elevated side characters like Ayo and Aneka in Season 1 but doesn't do the same with M'Baku or Nakia. He gave the previous Commander some characterization but other than that this entire story feels like a cipher with no depth. IF another writer decides to use the empire I hope they manage to do something more interesting than what we've seen so far.
    His M'Baku and Nakia were likable enough, but somewhat generic. But I actually did like his usage of Bast ... putting her in the body of a little girl was kind of fun. We got to see a side of Bast we usually don't see.

Black Panther #14 23,310

it fell out of the top 100...

shuri #10 10,246

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther #14 23,310

it fell out of the top 100...

shuri #10 10,246
    Everything must have gotten a spike due to the Carnage varients.

BANNED

Wasted opportunity.
    Well, not a total waste. We still get Stelfreeze & Acuna. Props to them. Masterful renditions of our beloved characters.
    I do respect Coates for his stellar depiction of Philadelphia. But as a BP writer… nah, bruh!

and Coogler...

The W.W.O. BP is still (easily) undefeated

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    supreme illuminati or whatever over ther even had th mkkran crystal involved

shits wild lol
    Supreme is the truth. I am one of his many disciples. I would push an old lady down a flight of stairs for S.I.! That’s how much respect I have for his BP visionary intellect. Big-up to Gessela too. (Sorry, Nana)

Here's the thing, because some people here are under the notion that us posters in here who don't like this run just love to bash Coates. That's not the case, we would be good if a light a light switch flicked on and he started treating T'Challa with respect, like he was the title character and the driving force behind the story and had the characters drive the story, and not the story drive character reactions, also respecting Wakanda and Wakandans and adhering to the continuity concept that Wakanda is great because of their own Ingenuity and advancement. Not because of some "Orishas" that are the source of their success and protection, of which 3 years on and we STILL know nothing about them really, even though we are supposed to just accept that they are the driving force.

It's the lack of respect for T'Challa and his world that is bugging most people here. And it's not like he can't write a character competently because he is doing it with Cap (even of editorial is involved) so it's not an inability to.

As for the issues notice that when MoS, cville, myself and other posters talk about the issues it's not just "lol Coates sucks *troll face*" but usually saying, the Issue itself as a singular issue wasn't bad or is okay (sometimes they are indeed not good issues) but In the overall story the issue adds nothing to the story because it doesn't add anything it's the same as the last issue which is issues usually break down like so:

Tchalla beats ups goons, insert a new character that whatever conflict gets resolved at the end of the issue and we are supposed to care about this new character. Or he beats up random goons and in both of these scenarios, the plot barely moves and the exact thing happened in the previous issue. So many of the issues this season could of been taking out or consolidated into one Issue because they feel like filler.

And I have read the issues up to this point in sequential order and even with all these issues the story feels repetitive and filler with the plot unmoving.

And with his mother being blown up, we didn't even see much of T'Challa making moves like he was greatly affected by the attack. The story dictated his actions and behavior. Which was to continue to act ooc