Page 455 of 744 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465505555 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Muad'Dib View Post
    Well, not a total waste. We still get Stelfreeze & Acuna. Props to them. Masterful renditions of our beloved characters.
    I do respect Coates for his stellar depiction of Philadelphia. But as a BP writer… nah, bruh!

and Coogler...

The W.W.O. BP is still (easily) undefeated
    I hate to say the art is wasted but as we can see by the declining sales, not many eyes on the solo.

We really need a strong comic writer who isn't going to chump BP.

It may not generate higher sales than the current writer but it'll be a better read with the good art.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Black Panther #14 23,310

it fell out of the top 100...

shuri #10 10,246
    It. Is. Inevitable.(Thanos said I could borrow the line).

Kool-Aid loses its' flavor eventually.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-12-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Stupid spell check spelled Thanos as Thanks

Fantastic Member LastManStanding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Here's the thing, because some people here are under the notion that us posters in here who don't like this run just love to bash Coates. That's not the case, we would be good if a light a light switch flicked on and he started treating T'Challa with respect, like he was the title character and the driving force behind the story and had the characters drive the story, and not the story drive character reactions, also respecting Wakanda and Wakandans and adhering to the continuity concept that Wakanda is great because of their own Ingenuity and advancement. Not because of some "Orishas" that are the source of their success and protection, of which 3 years on and we STILL know nothing about them really, even though we are supposed to just accept that they are the driving force.

It's the lack of respect for T'Challa and his world that is bugging most people here. And it's not like he can't write a character competently because he is doing it with Cap (even of editorial is involved) so it's not an inability to.

As for the issues notice that when MoS, cville, myself and other posters talk about the issues it's not just "lol Coates sucks *troll face*" but usually saying, the Issue itself as a singular issue wasn't bad or is okay (sometimes they are indeed not good issues) but In the overall story the issue adds nothing to the story because it doesn't add anything it's the same as the last issue which is issues usually break down like so:

Tchalla beats ups goons, insert a new character that whatever conflict gets resolved at the end of the issue and we are supposed to care about this new character. Or he beats up random goons and in both of these scenarios, the plot barely moves and the exact thing happened in the previous issue. So many of the issues this season could of been taking out or consolidated into one Issue because they feel like filler.

And I have read the issues up to this point in sequential order and even with all these issues the story feels repetitive and filler with the plot unmoving.

And with his mother being blown up, we didn't even see much of T'Challa making moves like he was greatly affected by the attack. The story dictated his actions and behavior. Which was to continue to act ooc
    I agree.

The current space opera story is really a continuation of A Nation Under Our Feet and the Orishas story lines. In A Nation Under Our Feet Coates dealt with king T'Challa putting down a rebellion and in the Orishas arc it was about Wakanda erasing the history of a people. Now in the space opera story the tables have turned and it is now T'Challa who has to rebel against a king while also fighting to regain his memories that were erased. It sounds good on paper but the problem to me is that Coates created a new character and a new country then labelled them T'Challa and Wakanda respectively to fit the story lines. T'Challa is not a perfect character and Wakanda is not a perfect 'place' but certain things just didn't add up in the manner Coates used them to get his points across.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    I agree.

The current space opera story is really a continuation of A Nation Under Our Feet and the Orishas story lines. In A Nation Under Our Feet Coates dealt with king T'Challa putting down a rebellion and in the Orishas arc it was about Wakanda erasing the history of a people. Now in the space opera story the tables have turned and it is now T'Challa who has to rebel against a king while also fighting to regain his memories that were erased. It sounds good on paper but the problem to me is that Coates created a new character and a new country then labelled them T'Challa and Wakanda respectively to fit the story lines. T'Challa is not a perfect character and Wakanda is not a perfect 'place' but certain things just didn't add up in the manner Coates used them to get his points across.
    They don't add up because his stories are about America and not Wakanda. Even Kibblesmith called him on it in BP vs DP. Although I think he meant it to be a compliment. lol

It's way past time to flesh out Armless Tiger Man's companions...

Pawless Polar Bear...

Toothless Wolf Woman...

Tailless Gator Man...

Fangless Cobra Girl...

Eyeless Eagle Guy...

The list of names for characters missing various pieces of anatomy is endless but I digress!

Mickey Mouse: "Yeah, let's get that paraplegic..."

Coogler: "Physically Challenged!"

Mickey Mouse: "Physically Challenged Money... Right because we wanna be politically correct and whatnot!"
    Get Hectic!

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Wakanda is not a perfect 'place'
    Last issue showed it was perfect....

once T'challa left to space lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

And because their gods returned to put some sense in their heads. Which is weird because the last we saw of the others they were saluting BastMonger.

BANNED

Bruh

How is armless tiger man gonna tag

Thats a low blow lol
    He can use his feet to tag.

Burbank.

Mickey Mouse: "WHOOP there it is!"

Coogler: "What?"

Mickey Mouse: "Majestic the G.O.A.T. (Greatest Of All Time) just referenced Armless Tiger Man... Now if only Xpac drops a post we are in business!"

Coogler: "You don't seriously have detailed files on all Black Panther fans do you?"

Mickey closes his laptop shut real quickly and looks around real shifty eyed like...

Coogler: "Dude... Have you been reading Priest Black Panther back issues?"

Mickey Mouse: "Two steps ahead of your enemies, three steps ahead of the Black Panther fans... It's all your fault you're the one who grossed 1.3 Billy!"

Coogler: "What about Captain Marvel fans... Spiderman... Strange..."

Mickey Mouse: "Please, you know that call to have Black Panther to emerge out of the portal in Endgame first... That was me I run this thang!"

Coogler: "I can't with you I gotta go get to typing this sequel draft."

Mickey Mouse: "Armless Tiger Man... Say it three times!"

Coogler: "Bye Mickey."

Mickey Mouse: "Hit me three times Ryan!!!"

Coogler: "I'm not saying it Mickey... Peace out!"

Mickey Mouse: "By the way do we own Beetlejuice?"

Coogler: "Later!"
    Get Hectic!

Black Panther #14 23,310

it fell out of the top 100...

shuri #10 10,246

I posted the Coates sales graph here: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackpanthe...ut_of_top_100/
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Exactly it was perfect once titular character is gone thanks to... Coates ambiguous pet characters who are responsible for all of Wakandas success and protection who still have zero depth that came from ascended people as a way to make Storm a goddess at T'Challa and Wakandas expenses. Oh and to top it off, Tchalla was back to whiny "I don't want to be King!" And ran away to space to escape his kingly duties..

I mean. Sweet baby Bast that's the message Coates is trying to send about T'Challa and Wakanda.its nothing special. Luckily the rest of the writers don't sip that kool-aid

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hate to say the art is wasted but as we can see by the declining sales, not many eyes on the solo.

We really need a strong comic writer who isn't going to chump BP.

It may not generate higher sales than the current writer but it'll be a better read with the good art.
    I wanted to comment on this. Thing is, i don't need the next writer doing Coates S1 numbers. They don't need to do BIG sales. I'm more concerned with CONSISTENT sales. If rather them do 30-35k a month for 3+ years then do big numbers like Coates S1, then fall off and need to be saved by Marvel constantly with renumbers, and special promotions to keep the series afloat rather then bringing in a new creative team who cares (Redjack, Zub, Aaron, narcisse) and wants to tell uplifting stories about T'Challa and his world

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    I wanted to comment on this. Thing is, i don't need the next writer doing Coates S1 numbers. They don't need to do BIG sales. I'm more concerned with CONSISTENT sales. If rather them do 30-35k a month for 3+ years then do big numbers like Coates S1, then fall off and need to be saved by Marvel constantly with renumbers, and special promotions to keep the series afloat rather then bringing in a new creative team who cares (Redjack, Zub, Aaron, narcisse) and wants to tell uplifting stories about T'Challa and his world
    That's why I said a strong comic writer who won't chump BP. That will bring back BP fans who dropped out. A better read with good art should be a consistent seller.

When was the last time a BP solo had a good writer and good art?

Liss? Seems like forever ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's why I said a strong comic writer who won't chump BP. That will bring back BP fans who dropped out. A better read with good art should be a consistent seller.

When was the last time a BP solo had a good writer and good art?

Liss? Seems like forever ago.
    Liss yeah, narcisse definitely had potential. Had he been paired with a veteran writer as a consultant rather then Coates I think he could of gotten an ongoing. The problem with the whole deal with all the spin offs is that people with zero comic writing experience were paired with another person with zero comic experience and left to do whatever the hell they wanted to do without any editorial intervention. It's odd