Page 698 of 744 FirstFirst ... 198598648688694695696697698699700701702708 ... LastLast
Results 10,456 to 10,470 of 11160
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Reggie, Dwayne and Mr. Priest did what they could do with what I think was a misguided (at best) story point that came from Claremont. I especially liked Dwayne's FF. That was fire.

The racism aspect comes when your company had only four black characters of note and, rather than actually flesh out their lives, backstories, supporting casts and heroic journies, you shoehorn a random meeting in that puts two of them together "because they're both Africans."

If Marvel's only gay characters, for instance, were Wiccan and Hulkling and one was from Vancouver and the other from the Bahamas, creating a story where they randomly meet in Guam just to make them a couple would be the sort of unconscious homophobic foundation that a lot of straight "liberals" don't realize they suffer from. Same with T'Challa and Ororo.

They were, for instance, FAR more likely to meet as adults during one of the many X and Avengers crossovers that have occurred than during T'Challa's walkabout (which also makes zero sense as Wakanda's doors were still basically closed at the time and the notion of the teenaged Prince wandering around Africa on his own is just ludicrous.)

I never liked it. I'm never going to like it. It's just how it landed on me.
    Eh, big name heroes from any common region are gonna run into one another at least once. How it goes in comics.

The problem is that the story ended with the two going in different directions, that's the direction, IMO, it should have stayed. Even before synergy and all that crap, mixing franchises is a bad idea. Just ask Longshot

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, big name heroes from any common region are gonna run into one another at least once. How it goes in comics.

The problem is that the story ended with the two going in different directions, that's the direction, IMO, it should have stayed. Even before synergy and all that crap, mixing franchises is a bad idea. Just ask Longshot
    Nope.

They don't come from a "common region." Africa is not a country.

Quote Originally Posted by LastManStanding View Post
    Said teenage took up a 'super powered' weapon and shot up some invaders prior to the walk about. The inner council probably thought he would fine on his own. IMO
    Wakandan culture is one of absolute isolationism for about 10 centuries. Even if T'Chaka was opening the doors a bit at the time, there is NO WAY the prince is wandering around Africa by himself. no chance.

not at all. i did a short in the SPIDER-GEDDON mini series and I've got something in the upcoming NEW VOICES.

it's more that each editorial group is like its own kingdom and I don't have any connects in the X or Panther offices. So, unless the EiC wants me on a book, the odds of my name even coming up are pretty low.

Trust me, if they ask me on either of those characters, i would dive in.
    Maybe us fans should hit up Twitter and other platform and drop how dope it would be if the guy who wrote BP quest would write comic's T'Challa

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I would say yes. Priest had no spin-offs.

Hudlin didn't.

Maberry had "The Black Paris Hilton learns anger management!"

Coates' run had the most and only spin-offs and with the exception of RotBP, they were frakking horrible.

As bad as Coates was, his "woke" proteges' were worse.

This will be Coates last run, he'll get the Legacy #200 and be done.
    Where is he sitting numbering wise currently? 194?

Wakandan culture is one of absolute isolationism for about 10 centuries. Even if T'Chaka was opening the doors a bit at the time, there is NO WAY the prince is wandering around Africa by himself. no chance.
    Not absolute. They send spies abroad and helped trained slaves they were able to buy or rescue. Even your cartoon had the girl wandering around the world.

They are a warrior culture. I'd buy that they'd let him go out to walk the land to prove himself. Might be one of their rights of adolescence. Similar to the Amesih

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Not absolute. They send spies abroad and helped trained slaves they were able to buy or rescue. Even your cartoon had the girl wandering around the world.
    Yemandi was the Queen and she was a runaway. She only left because no one could stop her.

I don't follow current continuity, I'm afraid but the notion that they sent out spies prior to T'Chaka opening the gates or did anything in regards to the slave trade is ludicrous.

Yemandi was the Queen and she was a runaway. She only left because no one could stop her.

I don't follow current continuity, I'm afraid but the notion that they sent out spies prior to T'Chaka opening the gates or did anything in regards to the slave trade is ludicrous.
    She ran away from her responsibilities as ruler? Not the best look.

Why? It is happening around them? They cant make a big impact because of "Outside your window", but thats no reason not to play around the edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Maybe us fans should hit up Twitter and other platform and drop how dope it would be if the guy who wrote BP quest would write comic's T'Challa

Where is he sitting numbering wise currently? 194?
    I believe were at 190. #172 was the last issue before the reboot I believe, and we're currently on #18.

She ran away from her responsibilities as ruler?
    She ran away from Wakanda. Never from her responsibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Especially if it was Okoye.

"How is anyone supposed to fight in these shoes?"
    That would be funny. But she would have to be paired uo with someone familiar with so they play off each other

Hudlin did it because racists abd unfans were bitching about Wakanda abd why they didn't do anything to help. So Hudlin came with with a good work around and explanation for what Wakanda DID do.

I believe were at 190. #172 was the last issue before the reboot I believe, and we're currently on #18.
    You are correct. The legacy numbering is actually on the cover:

That would be funny. But she would have to be paired uo with someone familiar with so they play off each other
    This seems like a perfect place for Zanda to show up.

Ugh. So minimum 10 issues left to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    You are correct. The legacy numbering is actually on the cover:

This seems like a perfect place for Zanda to show up.
    Only if it's Redjacks Zanda

Only if it's Redjack's Zanda
    I'm betting it isn't.