Page 187 of 744 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think mini's can help some people think outside the box.

Because you aren't allowed to make mythology shattering decisions in a mini.

You can't blow up Wakanda. You can't strip the crown. You can't strip the title. You can't kill supporting characters for "stakes."

So the writers have to think of new stories instead of the usual "ongoing tropes"

Somehow the BPvDP dude wrote a better T'challa and Shuri than the ongoings....
    This is also true.

With that said, the Killmonger mini was trash. Granted, the writer did think outside the box but, as the story went on, you could tell he had absolutely nothing to say. Started off as a revenge piece centered around finding Klaw but by issue 5 Klaw is no longer "important" yet somehow stalking a chick for a year to get revenge is somehow the big climatic point... and then a mid-credit scene in Rise of BP. lol whatever
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    This is also true.

With that said, the Killmonger mini was trash. Granted, the writer did think outside the box but, as the story went on, you could tell he had absolutely nothing to say. Started off as a revenge piece centered around finding Klaw but by issue 5 Klaw is no longer "important" yet somehow stalking a chick for a year to get revenge is somehow the big climatic point... and then a mid-credit scene in Rise of BP. lol whatever
    Stalking a chick to get revenge and then... inviting a bunch of agents and just stabbing her.

I still don't get it lol

Was it just ot show Erik is a psycho? Erik is extremely petty?

This would have been better off grooming Knight as Madam Slay like we all thought initially.

I just want to know what I was supposed ot learn about the character in this "character focused" book?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Bast have mercy look at this art though lol

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Stalking a chick to get revenge and then... inviting a bunch of agents and just stabbing her.

I still don't get it lol

This would have been better off grooming Knight as Madam Slay like we all thought initially.

I just want to know what I was supposed ot learn about the character in this "character focused" book?
    My thoughts on this nigh gutter trash book sink that much lower when you frame things that way. lol

It made no fukkin sense. You kill the agents you brought to her front door to arrest her? Then you kill her anyway. After a year. But you say you got bigger fish to fry than to go after Klaw, who did waaay worse than what this chick did to you?

Ppl reaching with this character-focused narrative. Let's just call it for what it is: a nonsensical book with pretty art.

BPvDP deserved the artist they wasted on this mini
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

I still don't get it lol

You need a character like her in the book to show Killmonger can actually SUCEED at doing something he's trying to accompish.

He's not going to get his revenge and kill T'Challa and Klaw in this book, or even Kingpin and Bullseye. The only way you can show him getting revenge and suceeding at killing someone is if you create a character for him that he actually can kill. He won't suceed in BP's book... but he can at least suceed at getting his revenge in his own. It's revenge against a relatively small fish, but realistically that's the best he can do. He'll fail at everything else after this in his own book... but at least he can suceed at this here.

My thoughts on this nigh gutter trash book sink that much lower when you frame things that way. lol

It made no fukkin sense. You kill the agents you brought to her front door to arrest her? Then you kill her anyway. After a year. But you say you got bigger fish to fry than to go after Klaw, who did waaay worse than what this chick did to you?
    He just straight up trolled her. Killmonger is a troll

"LULZ tricked ya, that flash drive is just going to bring Agents here. har har har har gotcha queen!"

"screw it, imma just stab you anyway instead of letting you rot in prison after this betrayal. har har har har har queen!"

"oh yeah I killed your sister too for no real reason har har har har!"

He just straight up trolled her. Killmonger is a troll

"LULZ tricked ya, that flash drive is just going to bring Agents here. har har har har gotcha queen!"

"screw it, imma just stab you anyway instead of letting you rot in prison after this betrayal. har har har har har queen!"

"oh yeah I killed your sister too for no real reason har har har har!"
    Maybe it is an explanation of why he seems to enjoy attacking women in the movie. One broke his heart and he's getting revenge on all of them.

Sounds like something a villain would do.

I think he planned on killing her first, but he knows she has powers so the shield thing was the backup plan to ruin her just incase. Also to prove he was right not to trust shield before she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    You need a character like her in the book to show Killmonger can actually SUCEED at doing something he's trying to accompish.

He's not going to get his revenge and kill T'Challa and Klaw in this book, or even Kingpin and Bullseye. The only way you can show him getting revenge and suceeding at killing someone is if you create a character for him that he actually can kill. He won't suceed in BP's book... but he can at least suceed at getting his revenge in his own. It's revenge against a relatively small fish, but realistically that's the best he can do. He'll fail at everything else after this in his own book... but at least he can suceed at this here.
    It's like I said a few pages back. All of Issues 1-4 should of been rolled into one large issues 1. Fisk and bullseye taken out in favor of a new character as a "up and coming kingpin" who is NOT in New York, but Rather in Cali (line up with Erik's MCU origins) who sends his death squad to do his bidding (this where Erik gets his name kilmonger) Erik tells the squad "Yo why we taking orders for homie here" confrontation, revealed homie is enhanced with some sort of power, rook dies in the skirmish and the rest escape. They hiding in the cabins in the woods, homie sends his new death squad of powered beings, king dies, knights injured, Erik kills them.

He goes to the goddess asking for help and power. He gets it, Issue 5 plays out similar to how it did now but with up and coming kingpin getting his assets uploaded into Erik's secret account, while simultaneously reporting his illegal dealings to the feds, and Erik and newly annointed madam slay kill goons, epic fight between Erik and homie (I ain't the same as I was a year ago) and wrecks him.

Walks out of the facility, and blows the place sky high. Erik walks away smiling talking about time for phase two. Cuts to him in Wakanda and that convo he had with Tchalla.. The End. Much better set up, allows him to cut loose and shows more then angry, petty Black man who has no focus on his adjectives or what's important

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    It's like I said a few pages back. All of Issues 1-4 should of been rolled into one large issues 1. Fisk and bullseye taken out in favor of a new character as a "up and coming kingpin" who is NOT in New York, but Rather in Cali (line up with Erik's MCU origins) who sends his death squad to do his bidding (this where Erik gets his name kilmonger) Erik tells the squad "Yo why we taking orders for homie here" confrontation, revealed homie is enhanced with some sort of power, rook dies in the skirmish and the rest escape. They hiding in the cabins in the woods, homie sends his new death squad of powered beings, king dies, knights injured, Erik kills them.

He goes to the goddess asking for help and power. He gets it, Issue 5 plays out similar to how it did now but with up and coming kingpin getting his assets uploaded into Erik's secret account, while simultaneously reporting his illegal dealings to the feds, and Erik and newly annointed madam slay kill goons, epic fight between Erik and homie (I ain't the same as I was a year ago) and wrecks him.

Walks out of the facility, and blows the place sky high. Erik walks away smiling talking about time for phase two. Cuts to him in Wakanda and that convo he had with Tchalla.. The End. Much better set up, allows him to cut loose and shows more then angry, petty Black man who has no focus on his adjectives or what's important
    Sure, there are plus' and minus' to using entirely brand new characters.

The upside being Killmonger can kill them. And again, that's important since he should at least be able to suceed at doing that in his own book, since he will likely fail at it everywhere else.

But there are upsides to using established characters too. Killmonger can't kill them. But them being in the book potentially can bring in other readers who might be interested in seeing Kingpin or Bullseye as opposed to some brand new character no one has ever heard of. The other upside to using established characters is that it potentially plants seeds for Killmonger to be used more in the MU down the line. He's now got history with Fisk, Bullseye, and SHIELD which potentially makes him more usable in non-BP stories if any future writers see any threads they might want to pick up. I know I'd personally be curious to see a rematch between Killmonger and Bullseye now.

I think there are different ways this story could have been told. That said, I personally do think this was a very well written story. I liked it at least.

Well said Mario! And its compounded when writers wants to just jump to their take despite what the previous writer just did. aka the transition of Secret Wars #9 (dragging the rest of the world to stars!) to season 1 of Coates (right back to 2013 ****).

On a related note: I checked the recent Justice League book a few months back and it ticked me off that they did the same thing with John Stewart: 4-5 years ago the best writer to ever write him finally liberated (and slightly rectoned) JS of the whole "you blew up the planet Xanshi/killed billions" fiasco... which in itself was some out-of-character **** writing of him that nevertheless became his proverbial "Doomwar/Marriage Annulment" sticking point for the last 30 years! (mind you, JS doesn't get the same solo opportunities). Point is, after a great 2+ year run writing a sneak JS solo ("Green Lantern Corps") that (1.)cleared John's name, (2.) cleared his conscience, (3.) gave him a great supporting cast, and (4) moved him forward... This JL writer completely ignored all that growth and had him right back to mopey depressed "i blew up the planet xanshi/killed billions" state despite all the time and energy and goodwill the GLC writer spent untangling that mess from 2013-2015.

Just un-be-fuckin-leavable man. smh

40 years of reading comics... it adds up.

I think the only DC character who has been screwed over more often than JS is Hawkman. I've lost track of the number of times he's been "fixed" only to have the new writer do something to break him again.

Attachment 79433

Ordered this a while back and finally got it in last week.

Well worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Attachment 79433

Ordered this a while back and finally got it in last week.

Well worth the wait.
    They had a samurai version at Tokyo Comicon. I'm waiting for the official release.

Ultimate Member

Well said Mario! And its compounded when writers wants to just jump to their take despite what the previous writer just did. aka the transition of Secret Wars #9 (dragging the rest of the world to stars!) to season 1 of Coates (right back to 2013 ****).

On a related note: I checked the recent Justice League book a few months back and it ticked me off that they did the same thing with John Stewart: 4-5 years ago the best writer to ever write him finally liberated (and slightly rectoned) JS of the whole "you blew up the planet Xanshi/killed billions" fiasco... which in itself was some out-of-character **** writing of him that nevertheless became his proverbial "Doomwar/Marriage Annulment" sticking point for the last 30 years! (mind you, JS doesn't get the same solo opportunities). Point is, after a great 2+ year run writing a sneak JS solo ("Green Lantern Corps") that (1.)cleared John's name, (2.) cleared his conscience, (3.) gave him a great supporting cast, and (4) moved him forward... This JL writer completely ignored all that growth and had him right back to mopey depressed "i blew up the planet xanshi/killed billions" state despite all the time and energy and goodwill the GLC writer spent untangling that mess from 2013-2015.

Just un-be-fuckin-leavable man. smh
    No it's believable.

If you thought John has it bad-Jason Rusch got it worst. Everyone seems to forget he and Ronnie per New 52 got their powers at the same time. Doomsday Clock tossed that for classic Firestorm origin.
    Duke Thomas had a successful mini and got trashed by Killmonger's writer in the OUtsiders arc in Detective. Add in King's treatment of him in Batman-one panel cameos.
    We won't talk of Hotspot & Tattoo Man in Heroes in Crisis. Nor Cyborg. Who is the Wolverine of DC-he's on EVERYBODY's Team-Justice League, Titans & Doom Patrol.
    And poor Rayshaun-Marvel Rising books just forget he's on that team. Another Marvel Rising mini and he's only on variant covers.

There is a deconstruction of black males not named Miles Morales going on at the big two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    They had a samurai version at Tokyo Comicon. I'm waiting for the official release.
    I saw a samurai Iron Man. Looked great and expensive.

Mighty Member

If any of you are into 3d metal models they actually came out with a Black Panther. I'm addicted to them. I'm not so impressed with the images, but I haven't put my own together yet. I am still a little overwhelmed and over joyed at the amount of BP merchandise out there. I really did not expect BP to make the grade for the company that makes the metal models kits. Great time to be a kid again, even if I'm a cranky old man.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.