Page 260 of 744 FirstFirst ... 160210250256257258259260261262263264270310360 ... LastLast
Results 3,886 to 3,900 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lmao, Toad!

also, they really shouldn't have dusted BP in the last Avengers film. I can't describe how much it's impacting me for this new film. I know this film is going to break every record but I can't get hyped for it like I should be able to
    I am still VERY hyped but with a healthy dose of, "what could have been......"

I am mostly kinda bitter T'chadwick likely will never interact with Tony and Thor much (or really Cap too outside of 1 minut eo fscreen time together).
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    She's had so much impact too. Everyone remembers their favorite Storm moment.

Mine is... *crickets*

Toad was on screen before Black Panther too. I don't see him getting a solo.
    Oh, I agree. The movies didn't handle her well at all. Even with an Oscar level actress like Halle Berry they didn't seem interested in doing anything with Storm. It was a waste. Just saying I think she was referning the movies more than the comics in her statement. Or at least that's how I read it. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I am still VERY hyped but with a healthy dose of, "what could have been......"

I am mostly kinda bitter T'chadwick likely will never interact with Tony and Thor much (or really Cap too outside of 1 minut eo fscreen time together).
    I know I'm in the minority here but I think the snap was too extreme. Half the life in the universe got dusted....what? How do you cope with that? What's gonna be bigger than that after this. Also, they have to do a time reset to prevent the snap. You can't just bring everyone back. It's got to be like it never happened. That's too much baggage otherwise, I don't want that hanging over all the movies going forward. Yet if they do that it kind o makes Infinity War pointless.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Oh, I agree. The movies didn't handle her well at all. Even with an Oscar level actress like Halle Berry they didn't seem interested in doing anything with Storm. It was a waste. Just saying I think she was referning the movies more than the comics in her statement. Or at least that's how I read it. Could be wrong.
    This is an actress that got heated on twitter and went into meltdown because she thought someone was trying to steal "her" role.

I think she just doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I know I'm in the minority here but I think the snap was too extreme. Half the life in the universe got dusted....what? How do you cope with that? What's gonna be bigger than that after this. Also, they have to do a time reset to prevent the snap. You can't just bring everyone back. It's got to be like it never happened. That's too much baggage otherwise, I don't want that hanging over all the movies going forward. Yet if they do that it kind o makes Infinity War pointless.
    Annihilation Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Annihilation Wave.
    Secret Wars
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Annihilation Wave.
    Annihilation, Galactus, Beyonders are all Universal Threats.

Smaller scale: Atlantis Attacks, Dark Reign, Kang, Dr. Doom, Liberators (from Ultimates).
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Annihilation, Galactus, Beyonders are all Universal Threats.

Smaller scale: Atlantis Attacks, Dark Reign, Kang, Dr. Doom, Liberators (from Ultimates).
    I was thinking Dark Reign, but that's hard to do with one or two movies. I think it would have to be a Starz series to really get the full effect.

We are definitely on the same page here.

Let supporting characters support

1 minute long, spoiler filled TV spot yeah

I liked that Thanos dialog at the end.

I also think "oh no how do we up the threat!!" is also something nerds worry about than normies.

Casuals just want to be entertained for a few hours, throw out some hot takes, and then pretty much move on.

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I agree that there's a good possibility that time might be reset. I'm thinking if Steve ends up being the one who dies it might reset to the point where Steve is struggling with Thanos. But as long as their are lasting casualties (like Steve and Tony not being around anymore for whatever reason), it all won't be pointless. There are characters arcs which came to a close. Unlike the comics, I think in the end this all matters because thing can actually progress.

That said I dont' think Infinity War will ever be topped. I'm not even sure they will try something this big again if they can get a billion from solo movies unless End Game really does monster sales, even beyond Infinity War (which is possible). Doing something this big I imagine is a logistical nightmare. I think they'll continue to do stuff on a smaller scale but I'm not sure we'll ever get anything like this ever again.
    Last edited by XPac; 04-02-2019 at 06:32 AM.

I was thinking Dark Reign, but that's hard to do with one or two movies. I think it would have to be a Starz series to really get the full effect.
    My guess is Secret Invasion, since they just introduced the Skulls. I think Maria Hill is the Skrull Queen.

Granted they didn't seem so bad in Captain Marvel but still...

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My guess is Secret Invasion, since they just introduced the Skulls. I think Maria Hill is the Skrull Queen.

Granted they didn't seem so bad in Captain Marvel but still...
    The Secret Invasion was based on a fanatical cult. Maybe they could combine Captain Marvel, Secret Invasion, and Adam Warlock's Church of Universal Understanding in order to set up Secret Invasion.
    Pull List:

I also think "oh no how do we up the threat!!" is also something nerds worry about than normies.

Casuals just want to be entertained for a few hours, throw out some hot takes, and then pretty much move on.
    I was actually hoping ppl would just continue name dropping random marvel stories that involve the end of the world... since that's pretty much every other Marvel story

War of the Realms!
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    I was actually hoping ppl would just continue name dropping random marvel stories that involve the end of the world... since that's pretty much every other Marvel story
    Chitauri- end of the earth world
    Ultron- end of the earth world
    Thanos- end of... half the universe?
    Ronan- end of Xandar world
    Loki- end of jotun world
    Red Skull- gonna tesseract nuke everyone
    Hydra- big ol air ships gonna shoot everyone
    Doramammu- gonna eat the world
    Ego- gonna turn the world into him
    Hela- conquer ecah world one at a time

Malekith don't get no respect... dude was gonna obliterate the universe into darkness. That's like... twice Thanos!

The threats have always been "blow up worlds" with a twist nearly every movie lol. That is like a sci-fi/CBM staple.

Journey matters more than anything