Page 270 of 744 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Priest probably understood Vibranium doesn't make a good offensive weapon. The past few years the properties of Vb tend to get confused with simply being a hard metal.
    I think the mcu is basically using vibranium as an adamantium substitute where hard metal is needed until they get the real thing.

Now that marvel has the fox stuff, I think we'll get nore precise usage of it.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Priest probably understood Vibranium doesn't make a good offensive weapon. The past few years the properties of Vb tend to get confused with simply being a hard metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Exactly, comic vibranium should be absorbing vibrations... it makes no sense for it to be an offensive weapon.

Steve's shield is an alloid as well I do believe.

The MCU doesn't seem to work that way. As Spider-Man said, it basically makes no damn sense lol

So the MCU version just has vibranium claws just like Cap's shield is pure vibranium
    I never thought about it that way, so you're both right. Although vibranium would be a good offensive weapon too because it's durable (although not as much as adamantium) and it's why the redirection of energy thing was a good upgrade for the suit. But absorbing energy definitely makes it more defensive/utility.

Get this man as Achebe already goddamn. This clip doesn't even show the best part when his African accent came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I want him to be able to turn on the Antimetal feature of his claws. Like basically make it cut through metal like the lightsabers in episode one but much, much faster.

It would have been cool to have him do it casually in front of Iron Man, then just run off and keep fighting or doing whatever it was he was doing, and then show Stark just dumbfounded and kind of touching his suit like, "Oh ####, I should probably do an upgrade."
    The glowing purple dboi gauntlets could be him turning on the antimental feature. Lightsaber guantlets
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Incredible Member

Attachment 80834

"I got the horses in the back"

"Can't nobody tell me nothinnn"

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I never thought about it that way, so you're both right. Although vibranium would be a good offensive weapon too because it's durable (although not as much as adamantium) and it's why the redirection of energy thing was a good upgrade for the suit. But absorbing energy definitely makes it more defensive/utility.
    But if you swung a Vb hammer at a wall, it would cause no damage because it would absorb the impact. At least I think that is how Vb is supposed to work.

That would change if you could exert more force than the Vb was capable of absorbing. But at that point it would probably shader.
    Last edited by Cville; 04-05-2019 at 10:42 AM.

But if you swung a Vb hammer at a wall, it would cause no damage because it would absorb the impact. At least I think that is how Vb is supposed to work.

That would change if you could exert more force than the Vb was capable of absorbing. But at that point it would probably shader.
    I don't think so. IIRC force is mass x acceleration. It's the force that does that damage, and all solids to absorb energy and impacts. A Vb hammer could cause damage to a wall because it has mass, it's dense, you're moving it at a speed, and Vb is harder than the wall. What may happen is that the wall would crumble but you wouldn't "feel" the shock of hitting it in your hands holding the hammer because the impact of the wall hitting back at the hammer (which does happen: for every action there's an opposite reaction) is absorbed. Think of what happens when you hit a metal rod and it vibrates, releasing energy in the form of motion (kinetic energy) and sound. I don't think vibranium would do that. It'll just stay still (and probably make no sound)

If I hit you with something made of kevlar, it would still hurt you because kevlar is tough and hard as hell, in spite of the fact that it absorbs impacts.

Get this man as Achebe already goddamn. This clip doesn't even show the best part when his African accent came out.
    Lol. I said this ages ago.

If you mean people scratching guys with his claws, I don't think it'll be too much of a problem if they want to show it. Lots of people are shown getting stabbed, cut and even shot in the head in the MCU. That kind of violence shouldn't be a big deal. In that second challenge fight there's actually quite a bit of blood splatter and close ups to wounds when T'Challa and Killmonger cut each other. I want to see more of that.

But if we're talking using them against other materials, I agree we could use more of that but I think we got some nice stuff in the film. Easily tearing off that car door, ripping off a moving car tire, using them to make a sharp turn on the road with a car. He's also shown to be able to scratch Vibranium a bunch of times. I do get what you mean though. If they can show him use them creatively to get out of a tough situation it'll be cool.
    I want something like "throw large pipe/barrel at BP and he cuts it in half mid air in slow mo" type **** lol

And yes, maim people! Cut them up!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I want something like "throw large pipe/barrel at BP and he cuts it in half mid air in slow mo" type **** lol

And yes, maim people! Cut them up!

this was lowkey underrated feat
    Black Panther vs Thor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baO2V3qTuMc&t=3s
    Ref: Avengers Assemble Season 5: Black Panther Quest Ep13

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

YES!! Exactly!

I was on mobile and couldn't find the scan quickly

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

So basically this...

...but less **** looking?

I'm down with that.

Also in agreement that the above panel contains an underrated feat.

So basically this...

...but less **** looking?

I'm down with that.

Also in agreement that the above panel contains an underrated feat.
    That makes BP third act look like Infinity War yeesh

and then the gratuitous cleavage angle to boot lol

Latest possible leak probably fan fiction ive read actually mentioned Wakanda for End Game. Highlight at your own risk. Please use spoiler tags if you are going ot talk about it

spoilers:
    -Tony, Cap, and Marvel go to Wakanda to retrieve some of Shuri's info on the mind stone.

Wakandans are involved with other armies in final battle

Snap is undone and "every characters gets moment to shine" but BP was not mentioned specially

one post credit scene is BP part of new avengers, all overseen by Cap and fury. Accords are reversed.

end of spoilers

Once again, not saying any of it is real, but is the most "complete" leak ive seen and rather different than some of the others. Fills in more holes than other leaks. I only put the Wakanda stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post

I too, would like to see something like this in the movie. That would be awesome
    And yes underrated feat