Page 654 of 744 FirstFirst ... 154554604644650651652653654655656657658664704 ... LastLast
Results 9,796 to 9,810 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    He did a good job with T'Chaala on that Avengers cartoon.
    Now that Disney+ is out, I hope they give Redjack a shot at a BP animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Did Redjack tell you he wanted the gig?
    I mean he pitched the idea and said if they came to him he would do it. But he seemed to think that they likely won't since they are still with Coates.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Him, David Walker, Coates, and I think one other person pitched their ideas for the Panther solo to Marvel.

He released a synopsis of his pitch on here a few months back, around the time Panthers quest was still on.
    Dude, his synopsis rang loud and clear who T'Challa is abd how he would operate, with T'Challa being 2 steps ahead and looking at the big picture. The fact that Marvel went with Coates and thought his ideas we're better, really shows how far behind the comics side is from the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now that Disney+ is out, I hope they give Redjack a shot at a BP animated series.
    Well originally BP quest was supposed to be longer right? Like two seasons. So I wouldn't mind him getting that either. I just want a BP fix from his mythos.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Dude, his synopsis rang loud and clear who T'Challa is abd how he would operate, with T'Challa being 2 steps ahead and looking at the big picture. The fact that Marvel went with Coates and thought his ideas we're better, really shows how far behind the comics side is from the MCU

Well originally BP quest was supposed to be longer right? Like two seasons. So I wouldn't mind him getting that either. I just want a BP fix from his mythos.

How long ago did he post that pitch? It’d be nice to hear what a good Black Panther run we could’ve had lol.

I think part of his pitch was retconning a bunch of stuff and Marvel probably saw how that worked out for New 52 and said no way. lol.
    From what I remember of the pitch, Tchalla would have been back in the Roy Thomas/David Liss realm of stories. That usually doesn't work out sales wise but I could be misremembering.

I think part of his pitch was retconning a bunch of stuff and Marvel probably saw how that worked out for New 52 and said no way. lol.
    From what I remember of the pitch, Tchalla would have been back in the Roy Thomas/David Liss realm of stories. That usually doesn't work out sales wise but I could be misremembering.
    I recall it being Black Panther as the Doc Savage as the Marvel Universe, or something to that extent. More of an adventurer hero or Wakandan Superhero then a hero king.
    I think Redjack had ideas for a second season but I think the show ran on as long as it was expected too.

I believe this is the pitch you mean:

https://www.geoffreythorne.com/singl...ER-COMICS-ONLY

EDIT: For the record, I'm not a huge fan of some of his choices, but it would still be better than what we have now.
    Last edited by DigiCom; 11-18-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Since we're talking about it, is it weird that the episodes where Cap disappeared and Tchalla and Shuri were on the run, they were already in the Wakandan embassy?

Couldn't Tchalla just have told the Avengers to get out and wait for the U.S. to expel diplomats? In which case Tchalla just takes a plane home.

Ultimate Member

Since we're talking about it, is it weird that the episodes where Cap disappeared and Tchalla and Shuri were on the run, they were already in the Wakandan embassy?

Couldn't Tchalla just have told the Avengers to get out and wait for the U.S. to expel diplomats? In which case Tchalla just takes a plane home.
    If T'Challa/Panther was kept to an accurate depiction of diplomatic relations and standard protocol for a world leader, he'd never have any fun

Nevermind I remember, they had to get the crown to a large enough source of Vb before it exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    I believe this is the pitch you mean:

https://www.geoffreythorne.com/singl...ER-COMICS-ONLY

EDIT: For the record, I'm not a huge fan of some of his choices, but it would still be better than what we have now.
    That sounds fun.

It is interesting that he's tackling some of the same personal issues he struggled with in Coates run... though I guess that's sort of to be expected following what happened in Hickmans Avengers run.

Default Chadwick Boseman Wants Nothing To Do with a Marvel/Disney+ Series

https://www.cbr.com/chadwick-boseman...y-plus-series/

I didnt really expect to see much of him on Disney+ anyway, but I'm still hoping for a War Dog or Dora show sometime in the future.

The Queen of Wakanda sings...

Get Hectic!

BANNED

Him, David Walker, Coates, and I think one other person pitched their ideas for the Panther solo to Marvel.

He released a synopsis of his pitch on here a few months back, around the time Panthers quest was still on.
    After what David Walker did with the Nighthawk solo book, he's the last writer I would have wanted anywhere near a BP solo book.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    That sounds fun.

It is interesting that he's tackling some of the same personal issues he struggled with in Coates run... though I guess that's sort of to be expected following what happened in Hickmans Avengers run.
    The biggest difference is how it's done, in Thornes synopsis, T'Challa isn't all of a sudden this depressed sad sack that can't even handle no powered goons. In there we see grandmaster chess player moves in allowing himself to be caught to confirm his hypothesis, we see 3 steps ahead by leading the hybrid to the techno jungle, we see T'Challa making you look right when you should be looking left, we see a call back to tech, we see a call back to SI which could lead to SWaD part II, and we see T'Challa see T'Challa fully capable and deadlier then ever. Thats the difference, though I don't necessarily agree with everything put in the re by Thorne, his version, abd the fact he KNOWS how to write comic's would of provided a much deeper development of tchalla, Wakanda and his Supporting cast while keeping T'Challa front and center and wholly capable.

How it appears realistically? Coates only won due to his fame, nothing to do with his pitch and definitely nothing to do with his storytelling ability