Page 316 of 744 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366416 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 11160

did i ever post these here?

Last edited by Redjack; 05-11-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    80s Denzel did do a great job as Steve Biko in Cry Freedom. However, I actually think its Denzel who would be better as Killmonger and Snipes as T'Challa.

Fishburne has the gravitas for M'Baku.
    Denzel could play Tchalla, Killmonger, or M'Baku and be great to either role. But Snipes playing a hero needs to be more ruthless, Like his blade portrayal, hence why he makes a excellent villain. And Fishburne, Yeah just screams a great M'Baku

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Oh yeah, good point. One thing I was disappointed about with that collection is it omitted the M'Baku story and the Lion God story from Avengers. I'd have to look to see if those have been collected anywhere.
    What issue was the Lion god story?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Going from memory ... Avengers #112

*Goes to look to see if I'm right*

Holy crap, how did I know that? It's 112 and 114. Arguably, you could get by with just 112, but the Lion God's defeat is a bit easy, imo. 114 reveals the full story, but it's also less of a Black Panther story and more of a Mantis and Swordsman story.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Is this new?

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I would have picked someone else for Nakia otherwise I approve. A lot of other actresses with more range and better performances
    Surprised they forgot Klaue.

Edit: Christopher Lloyd would have totally played Klaue in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    Surprised they forgot Klaue.

Edit: Christopher Lloyd would have totally played Klaue in the 80s.
    I'd go for someone more like Jeremy Irons or Alan Rickman. Gotta have that menacing accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post

Man RJ you got me all excited.. till I saw the faux marvel part... Don't play with my emotions like that... That would be badass though of this was greenlit

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Is this new?
    nah.

FAUX MARVEL is just the covers of books i wish existed.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Finally got to see Endgame for my birthday on Friday.

Obviously I loved it, thought it was great as an MCU fan. But more on topic, I thought the Wakandan team was portrayed far better in this than Infinity War and they had far less screentime. Their introduction was straight fire, the Wakandan army looked way more advanced. T'Challa's little action sequence was cool as hell and his own powers as well as his suit was a vast improvement over Infinity War. Obviously looks like the Russos had a better understanding of how to depict the energy thing, because you could see T'Challa taking hits, stacking up his energy and then releasing it for one big hit. Very in line with how Coogler did it, and the CGI was way better (his suit actually looked black).

And look, I don't care what anyone says: Chadwick as T'Challa has so much damn presence. His swagger is just silent and stealthy like his superhero codename. His line delivery of "Give it to me" actually gave me chills. Chadwick is perfect man. I did think he was about to fight Thanos for a second at one point though lol. Was a bit disappointed but loved him in nonetheless.

My biggest concern/worry/question is the five year gap. Like did the snapped guys age? I don't think they did, and what does mean for T'Challa and Nakia for instance? I mean I guess she wasn't snapped, so is she five years ahead of him? And who ruled Wakanda for five years? That's a damn long time. I think Ramonda and the council made sense, but what about T'Challa's plans? Did anyone see them through? What did Wakanda do for the rest of the world and how did Wakanda change? I feel like these are way too many things Coogler might have to address and I worry about that a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

Obviously I loved it, thought it was great as an MCU fan. But more on topic, I thought the Wakandan team was portrayed far better in this than Infinity War and they had far less screentime. Their introduction was straight fire, the Wakandan army looked way more advanced. T'Challa's little action sequence was cool as hell and his own powers as well as his suit was a vast improvement over Infinity War. Obviously looks like the Russos had a better understanding of how to depict the energy thing, because you could see T'Challa taking hits, stacking up his energy and then releasing it for one big hit. Very in line with how Coogler did it, and the CGI was way better (his suit actually looked black).

And look, I don't care what anyone says: Chadwick as T'Challa has so much damn presence. His swagger is just silent and stealthy like his superhero codename. His line delivery of "Give it to me" actually gave me chills. Chadwick is perfect man. I did think he was about to fight Thanos for a second at one point though lol. Was a bit disappointed but loved him in nonetheless.

My biggest concern/worry/question is the five year gap. Like did the snapped guys age? I don't think they did, and what does mean for T'Challa and Nakia for instance? I mean I guess she wasn't snapped, so is she five years ahead of him? And who ruled Wakanda for five years? That's a damn long time. I think Ramonda and the council made sense, but what about T'Challa's plans? Did anyone see them through? What did Wakanda do for the rest of the world and how did Wakanda change? I feel like these are way too many things Coogler might have to address and I worry about that a little.
    There's a LOT for Coogler to work with there if he feels like it. Though at the same time I wouldn't be that shocked if he and a lot of the movies only briefly addressed End Game before sweeping it under the carpet and moving on. The whole world was likely one huge mess for that 5 year period, as half the population disapprearing had to create all sorts of chaos. But I suppose the upside is that anyone who wasn't snapped can be completely different if the writers want them to be. A lot can happen in 5 years. So it's an opportunity to do some different things too again if the writers and directors want to.

We'll see how the next Spider-Man movie address some of the snap issues. I'll wager it won't be anywhere near as big a deal as it theoretically should be.

I think Coogler will use what he wants from the 5 year gap and ignore the rest.

By the time BP comes out, EG will be a distant memory. I think only Spider-Man will "suffer" from having to deal with Endgame stuff immediately but it will also be the only one that benefits from the box office initial boost ala IM3 as well though.

the "who will rule what happened" stuff is really only for us fanatics to debate about. I'd imagine he will use the 5 year gap to build the villain threat up. M'baku was on the front lines in the war so there is obviously no falling out there. Okoye was reporting to Widow with updates, so they didn't re-isolate at all. The tribal council ruling seems like the safest bet.

Also, we got a major feat with the suit in EG. T'challa got hit in the freaking heck by Thanos thrown sword and bounced up immediately. That suit is a beast.

BP kinda came full circle there a bit too... he actually remembered Clints name lol
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I think Coogler will use what he wants from the 5 year gap and ignore the rest.

By the time BP comes out, EG will be a distant memory. I think only Spider-Man will "suffer" from having to deal with Endgame stuff immediately but it will also be the only one that benefits from the box office initial boost ala IM3 as well though.

the "who will rule what happened" stuff is really only for us fanatics to debate about. I'd imagine he will use the 5 year gap to build the villain threat up. M'baku was on the front lines in the war so there is obviously no falling out there. Okoye was reporting to Widow with updates, so they didn't re-isolate at all. The tribal council ruling seems like the safest bet.

Also, we got a major feat with the suit in EG. T'challa got hit in the freaking heck by Thanos thrown sword and bounced up immediately. That suit is a beast.

BP kinda came full circle there a bit too... he actually remembered Clints name lol
    The same sword that broke Cap's shield in half at that.

I'm more concerned about Panthers Quest than anything going on in Panther 2

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Those who were snapped demonstrably didn't age. It's why Peter Parker is still in High School.

Do we have any information about Nakia either way? My guess is any character who shouldn't age won't. It's more the teenage/child characters where this is essential. Nakia could have lived five years without too much trouble, but she could also have been snapped to avoid the issue.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?