Page 463 of 744 FirstFirst ... 363413453459460461462463464465466467473513563 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,945 of 11160

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Whew, I was getting worried! Thank you for clarifying.

Panther heads, what are you going to remember about this run by Coates?
    The Force Push & the Kimoyo beads That's pretty much it. And only because they were in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    People telling me how "deep" and great the prose are

THE PROSE!
    And at least half of them thought Coates wrote the "when I was a tree" poem.

Wait I thought venomverse T'challa got killed by Rhino and some chick took over?
    The event you are talking about was on Earth-TRN650 and T'Challa's costume over there remained normal.

Here are some images:

Last edited by XJlock; 08-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.

For me:
    Third World Wakanda.
    BP had no memorable feats.
    Lame ass villains.
    No clear direction or purpose.
    Instinctualized Rape camps ignored by the Black panther bloodline.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XJlock View Post
    The event you are talking about was on Earth-TRN650 and T'Challa's costume over there remained normal.

Here are some images:

Ah, memories. At least they didn't kill him off. Wonder what would happen if he went up against Emperor N'Jadaka, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    Instinctualized Rape camps ignored by the Black panther bloodline.
    I thought the word was "institutionalized." Sorry for getting pedantic. But yeah . . . that was utterly unnecessary.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

For me:
    Third World Wakanda.
    BP had no memorable feats.
    Lame ass villains.
    No clear direction or purpose.
    Yeah I don't think any of this is actually good More so just riding it out.

What I'm going to remember. Force push, kimoyo beads trolling bast. What could of been with MVP akilli... I'm only choosing to remember the small list of things that are even worth remembering. Everything else is easily forgettable. Just like the series once he's gone.

Things from Coates era also worth remembering (o only say it this way because he had a hand in these people writing thing's) Remberts Kasper Cole issue, and Evan Narcisse Rise mini.
    Last edited by Ezyo1000; 08-18-2019 at 07:31 PM.

I would actually say he hasn't even been writing the character until last two issues at best in regards to volume 8.

If you take away a characters supporting cast, take away his rogue gallery, take away the setting, take away his costume, take away his memories (which changes how the character acts), take away his tech, give new powers (catching stuff that turns to spears? weird premonition thing that may or may not just be art representing his think ahead brain?)....

is it really the same character at this point?
    I see.... Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Beware Of Geek View Post
    The Force Push & the Kimoyo beads That's pretty much it. And only because they were in the movie.

and came from Stelfreeze
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    Yeah I don't think any of this is actually good More so just riding it out.

What I'm going to remember. Force push, kimoyo beads trolling bast. What could of been with MVP akilli... I'm only choosing to remember the small list of things that are even worth remembering. Everything else is easily forgettable. Just like the series once he's gone.

Things from Coates era also worth remembering (o only say it this way because he had a hand in these people writing thing's) Remberts Kasper Cole issue, and Evan Narcisse Rise mini.
    They should let Narcisse and Remberts do a few more minis(possibly some work in Marvel Comics Presents) to get their writing legs under them.

Do a few different characters and from under the influence of Coates. Let's see what they can really do.

And please give them some decent artists to work with.

They should let Narcisse and Remberts do a few more minis(possibly some work in Marvel Comics Presents) to get their writing legs under them.

Do a few different characters and from under the influence of Coates. Let's see what they can really do.

And please give them some decent artists to work with.
    Yeah it legit bugs me that marvel: lets Coates do whatever he wants with BP but had strict control over what he does with Cap, let Coates write all this isht without a veteran writer there to be a consultant, then let him start bringing in other no comic writers AND be there consultant as well when he himself didn't have any writing experience (ontop of all of this occuring within the first year of him writing so there isnt ANY knowledge not experience with clear biased agendas running rampant) and not let them also get paired up with veteran writer's.

The fact that Narcisse was given Rise waaay to late, Rise should of been the first spin off to come out and it should of come when the movie dropped, because how it played out, it would of been a nice jumping on point for new readers and likely would of gotten a lot more traction. But most importantly, I think Marvels Biggest f up was not going with Redjacks pitch (or atleast, not allowing a second ongoing, maybe a marvel knights series with Redjack)

That being said I liked the artist with Rembert on the Kasper story and would like to see what else he had in store for him, Narcisse artist wasn't bad either but maybe give him someone like Acuna or Rocafort

I liked the art with Rise.

I'd be curious if Evan was really wordy because he was new to the medium or because half his job was telling a history lesson for BP
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

This might explain why Tchalla is prominent on the Agents of Wakanda cover. Looks like the Avengers are going into space, adding Black Widow to the team, but no Tchalla on the solicitation cover.

https://www.space.com/marvels-avenge...mber-2019.html

I liked the art with Rise.

I'd be curious if Evan was really wordy because he was new to the medium or because half his job was telling a history lesson for BP
    The art on Rise was good as well as the last issue of the Crew with Kasper Kole.

I just worry sometimes with new writers, they just throw any kind of art out there whether it fits the character or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This might explain why Tchalla is prominent on the Agents of Wakanda cover. Looks like the Avengers are going into space, adding Black Widow to the team, but no Tchalla on the solicitation cover.

https://www.space.com/marvels-avenge...mber-2019.html
    Well, they can't take T'Challa with them.

He might run into the other T'Challa in space and that would just cause all kinds of time/space problems.

Super-bad Black Panther(Avengers) would have to kill Blank Panther(solo) and history would be altered.

Then Kang shows up.

We can't have that.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

So, which solo-series volume of Black Panther would you guys say is the best?:

Black Panther Vol 1 (1977-1979) - 15 issues

Black Panther Vol 2 (1988) - 4 issues

Black Panther Vol 3 (1998-2003) - 62 issues

Black Panther Vol 4 (2005-2008) - 41 issues

Black Panther Vol 5 (2009-2010) - 12 issues

Black Panther Vol 6 (2016-2018) - 25 issues

Black Panther Vol 7 (2018-present) - 14 issues so far

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    So, which solo-series volume of Black Panther would you guys say is the best?:

Black Panther Vol 1 (1977-1979) - 15 issues

Black Panther Vol 2 (1988) - 4 issues

Black Panther Vol 3 (1998-2003) - 62 issues

Black Panther Vol 4 (2005-2008) - 41 issues

Black Panther Vol 5 (2009-2010) - 12 issues

Black Panther Vol 6 (2016-2018) - 25 issues

Black Panther Vol 7 (2018-present) - 14 issues so far
    I count volumes 3-5 as the same because I was reading 3 and 4 at the same time. And both have peaks and valleys.